Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Substitutes

I don't think Brendan knows how to use the extra substitutes. Whereas other teams are making changes at HT and at regular points in the second half to keep fresh legs on the pitch.

We seem so lethargic and by the time there's any injection of pace or tactical switch, the game is as good as gone. 

Edited by TK95
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I don't think Brendan knows how to use the extra substitutes. Whereas other teams are making changes at HT and at regular points in the second half to keep fresh legs on the pitch.

We seem so lethargic and by the time there's any injection of pace or tactical switch, the game is as good as gone. 

The thing is our bench is pretty shit other than maybe 1 or 2 players and they aren't game changers.

We should have invested in January, we needed an extra body or two and we've ****ed it up.

Praet was making us tick nicely, but it was his first game back and his fitness wasn’t there. So I get why he had to bring on Hamza. Unfortunately for me this killed the game, as we didn’t have enough creativity after that. (Not knocking Hamza, he did okay, it’s just not his position) 

Not bringing on Kel made no sense, so much for saving Vardys legs. 

It felt like Rodgers didn’t actually want us to have to go through extra time

It's one thing to have a "limited" bench, but another to not know how best to cope with said limitations. I like BR, but there's no logical excuse to keep one sub in the pocket when we are desperately chasing a game and a reasonably good striker is sitting on the bench. 

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

When the last time Albrigton, Gray, Nacho, Hamza changed a game, our bench is woeful for a team trying to get top 4

Iheanacho's done us good off the bench. He won us all 3 points vs. Everton, and got 1 goal and an assist off the bench vs. Villa. He's had an impact in most games he's come off the bench.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I’ve stood by the management team but this is sums up how I’m feeling right now. Maybe he was put off by January window being notoriously overpriced but you could then argue why on earth did we not invest better in the summer. BR might be a victim of his own success for starting season so well but I think he would have targeted to break top 6 and if so it was very shortsighted thinking out wing options are good enough.

What makes you think it was BR's choice?

35 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

What makes you think it was BR's choice?

To be fair, Brendan made some comments that have been assumed to be his POV but he is  representing the club ..... a man who had just increased the club spend over the next four years by 16 million quid was hardly likely to start spouting off about not having the dosh for players!   I’m pretty sure that any manager would buy who he could if he was able to ..... perhaps the bergwijn rumours were true ??  If we qualify for CL then we’ll see what the spend is over the summer (but a big sale will probably muddy those waters anyway).