Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

Anyone happy for 5th place/Europa League???

12 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

I hate to say it, but the 4 goals we casually conceded against Bournemouth could make the difference against us vs Man Utd. Man Utd are only 3 goals behind us and if we lose to Spurs big time or if Man Utd wins big time next game, our GD could turn against us.

Needless to say, we should not even be in this position if we did not self destruct in that game or lost all those games we should not have lost.

It needs a swing of 6 goals to really make a difference (e.g. us lose 3-0 to Spurs and Man U win 3-0 against West Ham). Otherwise, we are still in the driving seat against Man U (we would need to beat them but even a 1-0 would do).

12 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Obviously want Champions League but I'll be excited by Europa League too. Just looking at the teams already qualified for the group stage.

Screenshot_20200717-152740.png

We'd be among the teams others wouldn't want to draw looking at that. The unknown quantity though would be the knockout stage when third-placed teams from the Champions League come in.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

With the injuries we've had, yes, I would be. Also don't really agree with the snobbishness over the EL, you know the "don't really fancy an away trip to Azerbaijan on a Thursday" type of comment. Looking at the group stage from this season, there were many prestigious clubs involved from some fantastic parts of Europe. That is if fans are going to be able to travel at all.

For me the point of European football is enjoying some good away trips and being able to compete, not the money in the bank.

Tbh, it's not so much snobbery as wanting everyone to be a part of it. Travelling the same distance to Central Asia as you would to New York for a midweek fixture just isn't viable for most - hence why last season's EL final in Baku was such a disaster. 

Give us an away day to somewhere the majority of our fans could get to like Poland, Czech Republic or Greece and nobody would be turning their noses up that it isn't the Nou Camp. Part of me would actually prefer an away day to an unfashionable club as it'd filter out the plastics. 

The truth is we dont have a big enough squad.  Last time we played in Europe Claudio got the sack.

Imo the Europa league will just cost us a top six finish next year.   I would rather earn the cl money and spend it to improve the depth if the squad.

There is no ip side to the Europa league