Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Players we expected to be terrible, that were actually decent

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Mahrez was 400k, now what lol

Not sure what point you're making. You originally said "did you think a £5.5m signing was going to be terrible?". I then pointed out we signed a terrible player for £5m in Akinbiyi. You've then brought up Mahrez for £400k. I dont understand the link or logic 🤷‍♂️

On 02/09/2020 at 16:45, RonnieTodger said:

Chris Weale. 

Signed him from Bristol City when he was their second choice keeper and turned out to be really good for us until Sven destroyed his confidence and brought Ricardo in. Was never the same after that. 

He was dreadful towards the end. It was like every opponent shot outside of the box would go straight in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

Not sure what point you're making. You originally said "did you think a £5.5m signing was going to be terrible?". I then pointed out we signed a terrible player for £5m in Akinbiyi. You've then brought up Mahrez for £400k. I dont understand the link or logic 🤷‍♂️

Right. I said did you think a 5.5m player would be terrible, describing Kante not defining him as a 5.5million pound player, because I do not believe for one second that you thought he was going to be terrible. And that’s the whole point of this thread. You then said Ade cost 5mil obviously implying that just because someone costs 5m doesn’t mean they’re necessarily going to be decent. I then said Mahrez cost 400k and turned out to be class. Get it?