Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Players we expected to be terrible, that were actually decent

I remember when kisnorbo did his knee, he was hobbling around and made a clearance and there was this horrific snapping sound and he screamed like a man in absolute agony (because he was). He was decent when he moved to cb, but they were the levein days, nobody was actually any good he was just a bit better than the people around him. 

• Like 1

5 pages and no mention of Huth?

I thought he was an outdated lumbering lump...and i was sure our CB pairing was going to be like watching the thing from the cartoon as the league danced around them. 

Oh so happy to be WRONG!!!! :)

22 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I was not surprised at Lloyd Dyer being good for City. He joined with a strong reputation 

There’s some funny names in this thread that almost certainly don’t belong here. Surely people didn’t expect Lloyd Dyer, David Nugent etc to be terrible? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

One might argue he was given too many chances with us.

In that infamous game at home to Bolton, I embarrassed myself on commentary (not for the first or last time) on Radio Leicester after the third goal went in and cringily said: "He's got his head in his hands, let's hope he doesn't drop it."
Not my finest hour.

Scandalous commentary. Can you believe the cat kept Kalac out though. The dwarf against the giant. And he did go onto great things . 👍

Edited by waylander

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

One might argue he was given too many chances with us.

In that infamous game at home to Bolton, I embarrassed myself on commentary (not for the first or last time) on Radio Leicester after the third goal went in and cringily said: "He's got his head in his hands, let's hope he doesn't drop it."
Not my finest hour.

I can actually remember listening live and hearing that. Didn't realise it was you Geoff.

I pissed myself laughing at the time. I would say it was your finest hour!

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Not seen Les Ferdinand mentioned.

Thought he was too old, and not upto the job when he joined

On a similar theme. Brian Deane. Came in under Bassett and scored a few goals despite our relegation and then was instrumental in getting us back up, forming a very good partnership with Dickov.

• Like 1

On 30/08/2020 at 22:55, weller54 said:

Frank Large

Going back a bit, but for us old bleeders totally unforgettable for the Man City FA Cup replay in 68.

Quintessential Filbert St. night match, rammed and raucous, unlikely comeback, pitch invasion(s) the lot. 

Best game I ever saw at the old place. 

• Like 1