Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

The Mighty Graham Rix!

I cannot believe that after all the hype of Hearts appointing a WORLD CLASS manager that they are set to appoint Graham Rix as manager. He's got to go down as one of the worst English managers of the past decade.

I feel for Hearts fans I really do, how this is happening i'll never know. Surely there's somebody better than Rix available? Very odd.

He is a convicted sex offender isn't he? Hearts are scraping the barrel here, probably the only one they've interviewed that is that desperate for a job he's agreed to how much involvement that Romanov guy wants in transfers and starting line ups.

He is a convicted sex offender isn't he? Hearts are scraping the barrel here, probably the only one they've interviewed that is that desperate for a job he's agreed to how much involvement that Romanov guy wants in transfers and starting line ups.

Yeah, he nobbed a 15 year old and got sent down for 12 months back in 1999. Only served 6 months but has been placed on the sex offenders register for 10 years!

Hearts fans are going wild about it! :D

Yeah, he nobbed a 15 year old and got sent down for 12 months back in 1999. Only served 6 months but has been placed on the sex offenders register for 10 years!

Sounds more like the sort of manager we'd end up getting.... <_< :unsure::ph34r:

Surely he's just been brought in to be a 'yes man' though, not to actually be a proper manager.

' date='Nov 8 2005, 11:34 AM' post='210076']

Suprise suprise

You could see that one coming....why does that chairman just manage the club himself - its a disgrace!

All top managers turned it down, Burley left - it must have been because he wants total control - its funny, i would love (and i think it will happen!) Hearts to slip down the table - when if they kept Burley they could have won it! :mad:

You could see that one coming....why does that chairman just manage the club himself - its a disgrace!

All top managers turned it down, Burley left - it must have been because he wants total control - its funny, i would love (and i think it will happen!) Hearts to slip down the table - when if they kept Burley they could have won it! :mad:

I'm pretty sure the sporting director they will appoint to make all the signings, etc will be one of his buddies from Lithuania.

Rix is classed as a top notch coach and to be fair that's all Hearts have employed him as, but it doesn't look to promising for them does it?

Hearts fans are going wild about it! :D

Not surprised. Be even worse if he tries introducing kids for a fiver! :):)

I cannot believe that after all the hype of Hearts appointing a WORLD CLASS manager that they are set to appoint Graham Rix as manager. He's got to go down as one of the worst English managers of the past decade.

I feel for Hearts fans I really do, how this is happening i'll never know. Surely there's somebody better than Rix available? Very odd.

Saw this story yesterday on Sky Sports News what a laugh there was one fan who wern't happy, he was kicking his hat around outside the ground out of frustration. :laugh:

The thing is he cant even work with the young academy because of his sex offenses

It's an absolute ****ing joke. He's still on the sex offenders register, ffs.

You need to be police checked for most coaching jobs involving kids these days. OK, he's not working with kids, but any football club has a responsibility to the community at large to promote a positive image. Coaches/teachers are taught how to handle potentially awkward situations with kids in an appropriate manner. Clearly they do things differently down Lithuania way. Where does Romanov draw the line? Would he employ someone who'd had sex with a 10 year-old?

It's like making Ian Huntley a headmaster. (Well it's not, that's an over-exaggeration, but you get my drift).

I'm generally all for wiping the slate clean after a person's done their time, and yes, we don't know Rix's full story. I don't deny him his chance to rebuild his life...... But Rixy's won the ****ing pools, the lottery and his Premium bonds have come up. This has to be one of the most crass, ill-judged decisions (if not THE most) ever made by a football club.

Archived