Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Danny Ings ?

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Would you take DCL over Ings if both available? 

No I'd want Ings as he fits our style better. I just don't think if you've already got DCL, you'd sign Ings to replace him. 

I'm sure Everton will want him, as they'd want two good strikers. But then the question is for Ings, will you be second fiddle. 

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Does Ings start for us though? I do think he is probably best served staying at Southampton. Solid Premier League club, good manager and will start every week. Just needs a bumper pay packet 

Vardy is 35 next season and is picking up niggles. With Europe we could rotate easily enough to keep both happy, whilst transitioning. He knows he'll be the main man soon enough. Somewhere else, I'm not sure that would be the case. 

• Like 1

We can't be having only a 34 year old Vardy as a decent option up front.  He will continue to get minor injuries, and we will I hope continue to be in Europe, so there are plenty of games for a second striker to play.  We play Vardy every week because we have been lucky, and we had to play him with no decent alternative.  He would be better off playing less and staying fit.

The playing second fiddle argument ran out last year imo.

Edited by Jon the Hat

1 hour ago, Jon the Hat said:

We can't be having only a 34 year old Vardy as a decent option up front.  He will continue to get minor injuries, and we will I hope continue to be in Europe, so there are plenty of games for a second striker to play.  We play Vardy every week because we have been lucky, and we had to play him with no decent alternative.  He would be better off playing less and staying fit.

The playing second fiddle argument ran out last year imo.

I'm sure the club have their fingers in the transfer pie at some point for a striker/strikers to come in and overlap with vardy until hes finished his contract.