Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Danny Ings ?

I listened to a podcast in the subject of Ings the other day, and they were discussing where he might sensibly go. Surprise surprise, they barely mentioned us, giving no thought to Vardy's age or increasing vulnerability to niggles and wear & tear. It was made all the more baffling, because they couldn't see him going anywhere else either. I guess it just demonstrates ignorance.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

Southampton will not sell Ings to us.  I also think in the current climate we realistically could not afford him.

We will have to afford it simple as that, not specifically him but a striker. 

Southampton will sell to whomever offers them what they want, simple a that.

• Like 3

Just now, Babylon said:

Presumably the law of diminishing returns operates here - do they have to sell by summer latest?

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

100% just don't see us even putting a bid in.

Think we will be looking in the find one to develop category.

32 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Presumably the law of diminishing returns operates here - do they have to sell by summer latest?

They won't sell now, but in the summer they it would be a bit silly not too. They don't have the money to wait it out and lose him for free, sensible club will take a decent offer and use the money on a replacement. 

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

100% just don't see us even putting a bid in.

Think we will be looking in the find one to develop category.

My preference (finances depending) would be:

Ings in the summer (Vardy / Ings / Perez)

Young striker the summer after (Ings / Young Striker / Vardy in the elder statesman squad role / Perez)

Nacho out this summer. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Babylon said:

My preference (finances depending) would be:

Ings in the summer (Vardy / Ings / Perez)

Young striker the summer after (Ings / Young Striker / Vardy in the elder statesman squad role / Perez)

Nacho out this summer. 

Perfect, would be ideal.

I think Ing would put us in the boxset for top 4 and give us a outside chance of the league. 

We could do with finding someone to buy Nacho for 10m and Hamza for 10m to free up some cash.

3 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Fair enough sorry for being a dick about it @Sooper Steve's shin my point still stands though, transfers aren't a one way street, and the attitude of let's throw what we fancy paying at a 'smaller' club (debatable) and watch them fall over themselves to accept is either highly arrogant or highly naive!

I wasn’t suggesting that we throw what we fancy at them. I was suggesting a fair(ish) initial offer with the reasonable possibility of a substantial uplift. If it worked out, they’d receive over the odds (ie. £30m) of what they’d get in the market given his contract status etc. 

1 hour ago, Sooper Steve's shin said:

I wasn’t suggesting that we throw what we fancy at them. I was suggesting a fair(ish) initial offer with the reasonable possibility of a substantial uplift. If it worked out, they’d receive over the odds (ie. £30m) of what they’d get in the market given his contract status etc. 

If you're in a hole, the first thing to do is to stop digging.

Why on Earth would Soton accept a bid of potentially £15m for their star striker?

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I listened to a podcast in the subject of Ings the other day, and they were discussing where he might sensibly go. Surprise surprise, they barely mentioned us, giving no thought to Vardy's age or increasing vulnerability to niggles and wear & tear. It was made all the more baffling, because they couldn't see him going anywhere else either. I guess it just demonstrates ignorance.

Backhanded compliment that in a way imo. Leicester are too clever in the transfer market to spend £30m or whatever on someone there is no re-sale value on and/or perhaps with little room to improve. It would be a fair shift from a successful working model to go and spend a shed load on someone like Ings, as good a player as he is.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 4

Ings is after his last big lucrative contract. He will of course also want to start most games too, as he still has an England future. 

So where does he go, that can offer him both those things and potential European football? I would suggest - Us, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal maybe? 

Talksport were talking him up for Spurs the other day but I couldn't see it personally. The way they set up with Kane and Son is perfect and I can't see how Ings starts there. Arsenal are still a big club but despite how crap they have been, they still have Aubameyang and Lacazette with some other options too. 

Everton have the money and probably the ambitions too, and he absolutely would start every week there. 

Then there is us, could probably match Vardy's contract of £140k and he could potentially start every week although would have to be alongside Vardy for the foreseeable future and I don't know how that would work. 

I actually think his best options are to stay at Southampton with a bumper new deal OR probably Everton or US. I can't see him moving until the Summer anyway. Will likely be £25million even with 1 year left, as he really is one of the best finishers in the league. I'd take him in a heartbeat if Rodgers has an idea of how to play him alongside Vardy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Ings is after his last big lucrative contract. He will of course also want to start most games too, as he still has an England future. 

So where does he go, that can offer him both those things and potential European football? I would suggest - Us, Everton, Spurs and Arsenal maybe? 

Talksport were talking him up for Spurs the other day but I couldn't see it personally. The way they set up with Kane and Son is perfect and I can't see how Ings starts there. Arsenal are still a big club but despite how crap they have been, they still have Aubameyang and Lacazette with some other options too. 

Everton have the money and probably the ambitions too, and he absolutely would start every week there. 

Then there is us, could probably match Vardy's contract of £140k and he could potentially start every week although would have to be alongside Vardy for the foreseeable future and I don't know how that would work. 

I actually think his best options are to stay at Southampton with a bumper new deal OR probably Everton or US. I can't see him moving until the Summer anyway. Will likely be £25million even with 1 year left, as he really is one of the best finishers in the league. I'd take him in a heartbeat if Rodgers has an idea of how to play him alongside Vardy

Would he really start over DCL at Everton?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Would he really start over DCL at Everton?

Would you take DCL over Ings if both available? 

I thing Ings is better, but Everton have invested a lot of time in DCL so you could be right 

Does Ings start for us though? I do think he is probably best served staying at Southampton. Solid Premier League club, good manager and will start every week. Just needs a bumper pay packet 

Hasn't he said he wants UCL? Thats a small window of choice, and perhaps his most obvious choice is us based on his potential suitors?

(Not that I think we would want him)

I think this is mainly a play for more money at Southampton (Maybe even a release clause to CL teams), but if it is CL football he's after he will basically have a choice of Man U, Man City & Liverpool as looking good money to qualify next season.

Liverpool could happen, they would probably be interested in bringing him back and he would fancy his chances of dislodging Firmino, but the fact he couldn't do that before (I know injuries didn't help) could stop him.

Man Utd & Man City both need centre forwards but I see them going for bigger names such as Haaland.

This then leaves whoever gets 4th spot this year. Likely Us, Spurs or Chelsea.

Chelsea have too many forwards as it is. Brings it down to whether he wants to be Vardy alternative here or Kane backup at Spurs (Although with Kane dropping deeper, they could play together).

I don't see him taking any of those options other than a Manchester club - he will stay at Saints.