Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Outfox the Fox

Danny Ings ?

1 hour ago, Fox85 said:

Soooooo Agent talk then 

Everything's agent talk but it all gets posted on here.

Nobody actually knows apart from the agent/player/clubs.

I don’t think he’ll sign a new contract at Saints. They’ll have to recoup some cash on him before losing him on a free. It’s not out of the question we could sign him but he wants to play Champions League football. We can’t offer that right now and no guarantees we’ll make top 4 this season yet. I don’t think we’re on his radar at this moment in time. I think he wants to go back to Liverpool. 

Absolutely not happening, Soton wouldn’t let it. But, if it did, I think we’d be pushing for a CL place at least - possibly more. The schedule has clearly taken its toll on Vardy this season and it’s not going to get any easier for the next few months. Ings to play all Cup games and start 50% of PL games would, I think, see us with a fresher Vardy and give us a valid alternative that we don’t currently have. Offer Southampton £15m plus £15m if we make CL this year, £25m if we win the league - massive statement of intent and £30/40m well spent if it came off. Ings should be good for four seasons, a couple of them shared with Vardy and (hopefully) playing CL football. 
If he went to a Liverpool, Man U, Man C or Tottenham, he’d be bench at best. 

• Haha 1

Controversial but I think he would get lot of game time next year if he did join.  Vardy more then likely will need more breaks between games, plus we should be Europe again.  We could also play with Ings and Vardy upfront if needed.   

Ings would be a great signing for us. Knows where the goal is and presses almost as good as Vardy. When we played Southampton last season at the KP he was the best player on the park by a distance. 

He is obviously not going to come cheaply but his main motivation is to play Champions League football. He would be a great asset to have. Certainly one of the best English strikers in the Prem. 

Every now and then there’ll be an opportunity that means it makes sense to go against our usual transfer policy, this is one of them.

The revenue this signing could generate from prize money, offsets the fact there would be no resale value on the player. Adding Ings to the team pretty much seals top 4 for us if not more.

• Like 1

Guest bss9401

I think it's a brilliant prospect. Those two together could and probably would take us over the CL line. They would be irresistible together plus we'd have massive bonus of how they'd be able to play up top alone for tactical reasons and for injury cover to the other. Like it or not Vardy's injury problems will continue and I can't see him playing more than 2/3 of the seasons games from here on in. Also Ings has history with his own injuries so the same might apply. 

I don't think it will happen but hope it does.

Ings would be the one to get - even if it did go against current transfer policy. The issue with replacing Vards would be the danger of having to change the current system which is obviously suiting our best players. Ings represents the best way of keeping the system as it is, at least for a few more years. Otherwise, I think we’d have to go and get two quality strikers - the price of which would be extortionate.

Would be a useful addition either playing as a pair up front or rotating the forward options with Vardy. At the moment we do not have a threat unless Vardy is playing but lately he has looked jaded and the ability to bring on someone like Ings, who is that bit older and more experienced would maintain the threat level. If we got three years out of him it would give us time to bring in a younger player who could learn from the pair of them.

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

No chance, we aren't going to be throwing a 25m transfer fee + around 15m wages over 3 years on a 28 year old.

Since when is 28 old? I'd say it's prime age for many players. Vardy is 34 now. So that could be 5+ years of another good striker. 

Saying all that we won't get him. No way Saints would sell to us. 

Let’s say Vardy has 2 more seasons at the top then signing Ings prolongs both players careers as they’ll share the workload which will lessen the risk of injury.

With the amount of games we play now, including Europe it makes sense to rotate strikers and it is a massive boost that we don’t have to rely on one or the other. 

It also means we can go 2 up top when we’re chasing a game, something we are reluctant to do at the moment as we don’t have the backup striker who makes the difference.

With Smilani, Silva, Ghezzal, Gray and possible Choudhury off the wage bill, I think it makes total sense to use those funds to push our chances of European football for the next 5 years and who will slot in to the way we play immediately. 

Edited by wattolcfc

21 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Can’t see him coming here or Everton. With aguero still struggling at Man City I could see them coming in for him. 

Not a chance will Man City entertain that idea. They can do much better than Ings. The best he could hope for is if we go for him, but even then he'd be a rotation player. I just can't see a champion's league side going for him unless he's willing to be a rotation player.

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Not a chance will Man City entertain that idea. They can do much better than Ings. The best he could hope for is if we go for him, but even then he'd be a rotation player. I just can't see a champion's league side going for him unless he's willing to be a rotation player.

I think there’s a chance Man City will go for him. He will be a squad player there. It would also depend where we finish this season. No guarantee at this stage we’ll finish above Southampton. I’d have him here but I agree he’d be a squad player although would put more pressure on Vardy than nacho does. 

He would certainly be a good signing given his record in the Premiership. Also wasn't it Brendan who signed him for Liverpool. ?

We can offer him so much right now, That's game time, top four finish Europa Cup and FA cup. Plus more money than he gets at Southampton.

Why wouldn't he want to come here, Unless he didn't get on with Brendan.

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

I think there’s a chance Man City will go for him. He will be a squad player there. It would also depend where we finish this season. No guarantee at this stage we’ll finish above Southampton. I’d have him here but I agree he’d be a squad player although would put more pressure on Vardy than nacho does. 

If Man City wanted an Aguero replacement, they'd be looking at players like Mbappe because they can. Ings just isn't a big enough name for them.

I don't think he'll leave the Saints in this window, despite them usually being a selling club. Think we'd be priced out to be honest. If he was to leave Southampton then the only club I can see him going to would be Liverpool, where of course he's been before and it would be panic buy for them.

Looking around the Premier League and beyond, Ings is probably the only player who could fit into our Vardy style of play when Vardy isn’t playing, that’s why Southampton would demand a small fortune for him. Hoping Perez or Barnes step up and fill the temporary void until the summer...