3 minutes ago, Koke said:

He will be 29 soon. I like him but I think we will look at someone younger. 

Two prolific seasons in his career, one of those being in the Championship. I get the impression he's looking for last big pay check.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We're a little bit ahead of Soton atm, but in terms of stature we're similar sized clubs. I can't see him coming here.

Not really sure we’re comparably at all. It would be similar to when arnatavic moved from Stoke to West Ham! Don’t really see Southampton paying anyone £100k + anytime soon & we have a £100m training facility! If man United or Chelsea don’t want him, we’re the next step up for ings 

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Two prolific seasons in his career, one of those being in the Championship. I get the impression he's looking for last big pay check.

His Liverpool career got ruined by injury but 20+ goals for Burnley in the Championship and then he got double figures when they got relegated from the PL. That's not bad going, especially with the football Burnley play. 20+ last season, and currently 7 in 13 so he'll hit 15 at least this season, plus he doesn't take penalties at Southampton.

His link up play and work rate is excellent but at 29 with his injuries he'd be a risk now and not worth what Southampton would want.

He is a superb striker though.

• Like 1

Not going to happen but would absolutely love him here. 

He's the sort of guy that you would have confidence in coming off the bench. Not sure why he would want to be on the bench at this stage on his career though. 

52 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We're a little bit ahead of Soton atm, but in terms of stature we're similar sized clubs. I can't see him coming here.

Only way is Champions League qualification, from what I've read that's what Ings wants

Those talking about the transfer fee, his contract ends in 17 months, if Southampton don't sell this summer and he doesn't renew, they'll be losing him on a free. No-one is gonna pay 50m for a player with 12 months left on their contract, so if he moves it'll probably be for 20 or so.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

He's not coming here.  Reading between the lines, I think that he is happy at Southampton and there is a contract on the table for him to sign, he is just seeing if there is a possible of one last move to a huge club.  He might leave Southampton for a Manchester Club or maybe a one of the big two London clubs, but he won't leave Southampton (his boyhood team) to come here.

This would be a massive statement of intent from the club. Those worried about resale are 

missing the point, let’s say Southampton are willing to sell for £25m - £30m and we then go

on to qualify for CL and maybe win a cup, surely that represents great value.

That said, I don’t think this will happen, Southampton won’t want to sell and we probably 

don’t have finances to buy.

• Like 1
Guest Hansifüx

I think as long as Vardy is not retired no established center forward would join Leicester unless guaranteed to play ...  therefore unlikely to happen, in my opinion

39 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Its agent talk. He wants a better deal.

Telegraph stated he wanted a move to a club who have intentions of CL football.