Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

17 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

is anyone thinking of pre booking for Silverstone this year? We're just looking at it, want to be sure on T&Cs re covid though. Just want something to look forward to

Holding off myself for this year.  Shame really as not been for a few years and would love to do again, think it was 2011 I last attended a race.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55992727

Also, the added time multi-ball approach from the new owners is in full swing.  Happy with tweaking qualifying to make it more interesting, but not convinced on those sprint races.  Especially with Monza as a trial, people would back off to just DRS people on start straight like they did with qualifying.

Think the issue for me isn't the racing format, more the technical regulations making it so difficult to pass.  Think it's worth holding fire until we see how impactful next seasons regulations are with respect to following cars, and then act accordingly.  Sprint races are great in touring cars and the like as cars can overtake, bit pointless in F1 as it stands.

saw in that article that F1 is only proposing an extra $75k for teams to take part (with a front wing costing up to $200k) - think that's the reason we won't see the sprint races happen

all for an extra qualifying session taking place on a Friday though in the place of FP2. that would be great for fans at the circuit 

Edited by AllGoneTitsSchlupp

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Guess it’s the old tradition v entertainment/more viewers debate .

Will Hamilton quit if he wins title number 8?

Think he'll give new regs ago and **** off unless merc are still dominant, I bet he'll be tempted to get double figures. Supposedly he's got a veteo on teammate as well

On 08/02/2021 at 19:34, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

is anyone thinking of pre booking for Silverstone this year? We're just looking at it, want to be sure on T&Cs re covid though. Just want something to look forward to

I really fancy it this year. Never been to F1 and I'd like to see Hamilton race once before he retires (if that is after this season).

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I really fancy it this year. Never been to F1 and I'd like to see Hamilton race once before he retires (if that is after this season).

Before Covid it was actually cheaper to go to Monza and Barcelona than Silverstone.

Did flights, week in Milan/Barcelona and race tickets cheaper than just a Grandstand seat at Silverstone. 

22 hours ago, isaidno said:

Before Covid it was actually cheaper to go to Monza and Barcelona than Silverstone.

Did flights, week in Milan/Barcelona and race tickets cheaper than just a Grandstand seat at Silverstone. 

Silverstone is proper expensive when you compare it to others, I'm doing Silverstone this year (was booked last year just moved it across) which costs about 500 quid including camping. 

I'm doing Spa which cost 400, including travel and pre pitched tent with breakfast each day. 

Just hoping I can get to both. 

• Like 1