Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

Just now, StanSP said:

Quality race. Looking forward to the whole season if the battle between Max and Lewis is going to be like that... 

I suspect Stan that you, like me had both the cricket and the F1 on. It was getting very difficult to focus properly on either towards the end! I had zero inclination to watch England v Albania!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I suspect Stan that you, like me had both the cricket and the F1 on. It was getting very difficult to focus properly on either towards the end! I had zero inclination to watch England v Albania!!

Literally the same! Cricket on the TV, F1 on the phone so didn't hear the F1 commentary but could sense the drama just viewing it. 

Both finished around the same time so definitely difficult to keep track of both. Tense in both sports! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Literally the same! Cricket on the TV, F1 on the phone so didn't hear the F1 commentary but could sense the drama just viewing it. 

Both finished around the same time so definitely difficult to keep track of both. Tense in both sports! 

I completely missed England score as Lewis crossed the line lol 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I don't get how Lewis was getting away with that line through turn 4 he did it last year as well, I get leeway but seemed a bit mental

When something like this doesn't directly effect another driver, stewards tend to give much more leeway. 

Naturally, Red Bull spotted what Hamilton was doing and used their radio messages to bring it to closer attention... so of course it would be that very patch of track that would decide the ultimate outcome of the race. 

Ultimately, what Hamilton did was push the rules to the limits within an area of tolerance - it was one of those he was going to keep doing it until he was told to stop knowing he should get an initial warning. 

Obviously Max's off-limits pass wasn't completely intentional, but what he and Red Bull failed to do was think smart in the moment. Yes, they had to give the place back, but when and where was another matter. They probably had another couple of corners to decide what to do, which not only could have given them a better chance to then follow Hamilton straight back and overtake again, it would have damaged Hamilton's aging tyres in the process. 

• Like 2

Enjoyed that. Max will have the bit between his teeth now and with one of my favourite tracks in racing next at Mugello it hopefully should be a good one.

Mugello in general last year was absolute chaos, good track where mistakes are properly punished 

20 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Enjoyed that. Max will have the bit between his teeth now and with one of my favourite tracks in racing next at Mugello it hopefully should be a good one.

Mugello in general last year was absolute chaos, good track where mistakes are properly punished 

The next round is Imola , no Mugello this year