Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Zear0

Formula 1 2021

33 minutes ago, ShadowKing said:

New to the sport so I am a bit confused with the restart. Doesn't seem fair that all the work some of these guys did is wiped out because of an accident.

It isn't.

It's probably the worst rule in all of sport. It fundamentally punishes drivers who've had a good race and fundamentally rewards drivers who've had a bad race.

Even though you don't get to unlap in a regular safety car, you do for some reason then even when it's a safety car start.

And why do the back 2 drivers who were double lapped not get to relax twice? Why is it fair for the lapped drivers to come back on a level playing field for no reason but not the double lapped racers?

Hamilton is going to finish 2nd now when he'd been lapped. It's completely nonsensical.

Just start red flags with a safety car start and treat it as a regular safety car.

Edited by Sampson

35 minutes ago, ShadowKing said:

New to the sport so I am a bit confused with the restart. Doesn't seem fair that all the work some of these guys did is wiped out because of an accident.

In the old days they did an aggregate race if it was red flagged. The times from the first bit were added to the second bit 

21 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

I'm quite enjoying all the people complaining on social media about the rules who would probably have given another driver huge praise for doing what Hamilton did lol

Is there another driver that could do what Hamilton did??  I couldn't see Bottas pull that off

There is something else I have wondered about Formula 1.

Could anyone explain why Red Bull are allowed to have a B-Team alpha tauri, it is very weird to be competing against yourself but then be able to take the best driver from them in the middle of the season. 

I could be wrong but this looks like it gives Red Bull an advantage over the other teams.

2 hours ago, ShadowKing said:

There is something else I have wondered about Formula 1.

Could anyone explain why Red Bull are allowed to have a B-Team alpha tauri, it is very weird to be competing against yourself but then be able to take the best driver from them in the middle of the season. 

I could be wrong but this looks like it gives Red Bull an advantage over the other teams.

Tbf the big 3 all have that kind of advantage, Ferrari have the relationship with Sauber but don't outright own them but have a decision over 1 of the seats  and Russell for Williams is under a Mercedes contract. There's nothing stopping Merc just creating a B Team, but it probably wouldn't be as cost effective as Redbull just bought the exisiting Minardi team.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Tbf the big 3 all have that kind of advantage, Ferrari have the relationship with Sauber but don't outright own them but have a decision over 1 of the seats  and Russell for Williams is under a Mercedes contract. There's nothing stopping Merc just creating a B Team, but it probably wouldn't be as cost effective as Redbull just bought the exisiting Minardi team.

Good to know, now I see why the other teams don't kick up a fuss.