Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

New Leicester City Doctor

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

It's nonsense, the club don't get rid of loyal long term employees for no reason, we just aren't that sort of club. There had to be another reason outside of just reorganising things, either David wasn't keen on working under another person for instance. Or he didn't agree with certain things Rodgers was asking of the players and there was a clash. I mean, look at our injury record since Rodgers came in, it's pretty horrific. It makes you wonder if Rennie was against certain things. 

Of course there can be numerous other reasons and it's just speculation, but I certainly don't buy their reasoning. 

Got too mouthy, I was told. 

Once referred to as Dr Needles by Jose Mourinho when he was chief medical officer at Chelsea. According to this article he introduce  "blood-spinning" treatment for soft tissue injuries at Chelsea - now known as platelet rich plasma injections "PRP". It's mainly used for minor ligament and tendon injuries so would be interesting if it's something they'd use for Madders Hip injury ((tendon problem)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1257933/Martin-Samuel-Jose-Mourinho--just-stop-needling-Chelsea-come-clean.html

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turlo said:

Once referred to as Dr Needles by Jose Mourinho when he was chief medical officer at Chelsea. According to this article he introduce  "blood-spinning" treatment for soft tissue injuries at Chelsea - now known as platelet rich plasma injections "PRP". It's mainly used for minor ligament and tendon injuries so would be interesting if it's something they'd use for Madders Hip injury ((tendon problem)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1257933/Martin-Samuel-Jose-Mourinho--just-stop-needling-Chelsea-come-clean.html

My wife had this treatment for arthritis in her foot several years ago. She was in a great deal of pain, and the treatment seemed to work. Many doctors are rather sceptical about it as the precise repair mechanism is not fully understood. Nevertheless, as I say it did seem to have a profound effect, and she is about to undergo similar treatment on the other foot. At worst it is harmless as it is simply plasma from your own blood that is being injected.

It seems to be an alternative to cortisone injections.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

5 minutes ago, turlo said:

hmmm sounds very PEDy to me 

14 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

My wife had this treatment for arthritis in her foot several years ago. She was in a great deal of pain, and the treatment seemed to work. Many doctors are rather sceptical about it as the precise repair mechanism is not fully understood. Nevertheless, as I say it did seem to have a profound effect, and she is about to undergo similar treatment on the other foot. At worst it is harmless as it is simply plasma from your own blood that is being injected.

Yes I had similar injections known as prolotherapy for a ligament injury in my pelvis that just never healed (i was seriously into distance running). The theory was the injections create a micro bruising on the ligament, tendon or cartilage, which accelerates the tissue rebuilding process. This treatment was more widely used in professional sports in America but was considered as alternative medicine in the UK as you said. I spent a year deciding whether to have the treatment as pretty much none of the Drs or Physio's I'd seen knew about it - what swung it for me was I learn' t quite a few Olympic Rowers and the likes of Rio Ferdinand had the injections for lower back and knee cartilage injuries so I gave them a go - the same Dr also did the PRP injections but were too expensive for me at the time. Glad it helped your wife as thy helped my problem no end - the Dr I saw was v passionate about this as a treatment option for ligament injuries and arthritis but frustrated by the lack of research for them to be more widely accepted in mainstream medicine.  

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, turlo said:

Yes I had similar injections known as prolotherapy for a ligament injury in my pelvis that just never healed (i was seriously into distance running). The theory was the injections create a micro bruising on the ligament, tendon or cartilage, which accelerates the tissue rebuilding process. This treatment was more widely used in professional sports in America but was considered as alternative medicine in the UK as you said. I spent a year deciding whether to have the treatment as pretty much none of the Drs or Physio's I'd seen knew about it - what swung it for me was I learn' t quite a few Olympic Rowers and the likes of Rio Ferdinand had the injections for lower back and knee cartilage injuries so I gave them a go - the same Dr also did the PRP injections but were too expensive for me at the time. Glad it helped your wife as thy helped my problem no end - the Dr I saw was v passionate about this as a treatment option for ligament injuries and arthritis but frustrated by the lack of research for them to be more widely accepted in mainstream medicine.  

If you can't patent it getting funding is tricky, my mum had a few shots of saline into a troublesome shoulder (too tighten the ligaments I think), from a doc who worked with some Tigers players.

It's the same with that, not enough research meaning it isn't widely used.

Ideally, governments would put more money into basic research for the good of all, but that kind of thing has been unfashionable for decades. I'd throw money at the Cochrane report people, if I was in charge. Better than relying on Big Pharma to solve every problem.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Can she play as a number 10?

• Haha 1