Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr Weller

Final Dilemma

5 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Will the people of Brent get behind us or behind Southampton I wonder? Or will they split into various partisan factions?

It would be strange indeed if trouble broke out between those Brent residents who backed Leicester and those who wanted Southampton to win?

Well they wouldn't be able to fine us for not controlling our fans lol

Just now, TK95 said:

Well they wouldn't be able to fine us for not controlling our fans lol

If we finish in the top 4 and liverpool finish in 5th they’ll find a way to dock how ever many points is needed to get them in the champions league regardless of whoever is in Wembley. It’ll be Barry the west ham fan who once snook in the Leicester home end for a match fault.

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

It'll be a good test into how socially distancing can work at Wembley with the Euros coming up this year.

why would you need to socially distance a virus that has 

a. never been proven to transmit asymptomatically

and 

b. only allowing people who have been vaccinated to attend

do you realise how dumb that is

10 hours ago, ceredigion said:

Will the people of Brent get behind us or behind Southampton I wonder? Or will they split into various partisan factions?

I'd expect most of them to be glued to their phones, posting regular meaningless updates on unsocial media.

Then everyone will get up and leave on 85 minutes, to beat the traffic!

On 05/04/2021 at 15:19, Out Foxed said:

why would you need to socially distance a virus that has 

a. never been proven to transmit asymptomatically

and 

b. only allowing people who have been vaccinated to attend

do you realise how dumb that is

:wes:

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

A mass screening programme of more than 10 million residents of Wuhan, China, performed after SARS-CoV-2 was brought under control, has identified 300 asymptomatic cases of covid-19, none of which was infectious.

The researchers conducted a screening programme using PCR testing for viral RNA among the 10 million participants who were aged between 10 and 89. Trained staff interviewed participants on their history of covid-19. Asymptomatic positive cases were those who had a positive result on screening with neither a history of covid-19 diagnosis nor any clinical symptoms at the time of the nucleic acid testing. The researchers found no “viable virus” in cultures from asymptomatic samples.

The asymptomatic positive rate was lowest in participants aged under 17 and highest in those over 60. Further swab testing of 1174 close contacts of the 300 asymptomatic positive cases were all negative. The study population included 34 424 people with a history of covid-19, 107 of whom (0.310%) had been re-infected.

a study that was posted a month before what you linked. 

2 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

A mass screening programme of more than 10 million residents of Wuhan, China, performed after SARS-CoV-2 was brought under control, has identified 300 asymptomatic cases of covid-19, none of which was infectious.

The researchers conducted a screening programme using PCR testing for viral RNA among the 10 million participants who were aged between 10 and 89. Trained staff interviewed participants on their history of covid-19. Asymptomatic positive cases were those who had a positive result on screening with neither a history of covid-19 diagnosis nor any clinical symptoms at the time of the nucleic acid testing. The researchers found no “viable virus” in cultures from asymptomatic samples.

The asymptomatic positive rate was lowest in participants aged under 17 and highest in those over 60. Further swab testing of 1174 close contacts of the 300 asymptomatic positive cases were all negative. The study population included 34 424 people with a history of covid-19, 107 of whom (0.310%) had been re-infected.

Sorry But at this stage...a Study is a study...And WHO Plus other individual virologist/Covid organisations, and only experts we have...

are still definitely in the "Dont know" stage.....

So debate & discussion either Side of the divide on a football-forum is somewhat Presumptious & bumtious..

Picking up on any changes swings, shades/tones of thought every week "without confirmation" moving into fact is for me somewhat mute...

We all would like an end to everybody toils,worries in this pendemic, but we still need to Stay rational, and true to the moment & position.

This is where the Media could but arent taking responsibility...they Feed off the unknowns...

Then we See discussions like this from Joe public....

7 hours ago, Out Foxed said:

Can you link the actual context?  I find it hard to believe only 300 asymptomatic cases were found from a pool of >10m when it's fairly common knowledge that asymptomatic infection makes up a significant number of cases.  I can source that for you too before you ask.  I'm not going to take the word of an out of context paragraph over a sourced study which shows its methodology then concludes that:

Under this broader range of scenarios, most combined assumptions of peak infectiousness timing and transmission from individuals who never have symptoms indicated that at least 50% of new SARS-CoV-2 infections likely originated from individuals without symptoms at the time of transmission. If more than 30% of transmission was from individuals who never have symptoms, total asymptomatic transmission was higher than 50% with any value of peak infectiousness, up to 2 days after the median time of symptom onset. If peak infectiousness was at any point approximately 6 hours before median symptom onset time, more than 50% of transmission was from individuals without symptoms, regardless of the proportion from those who never have symptoms. Even a very conservative assumption of peak infectiousness 2 days post–median onset and 0% never symptomatic transmission still resulted in more than 25% of transmission from asymptomatic individuals.

It's obviously something that happens, this is a pointless side discussion akin to arguing the earth is flat.

On 04/04/2021 at 23:54, stillwater said:

The government said a COVID-status certification system was being developed that would show whether a person had had a vaccine, a recent negative test or natural immunity from a positive test taken in the last six months. So get the lad tested and if he’s negative it should t be a problem😉 I would imagine a bigger issue will be getting a ticket 

Absolutely right. Getting a ticket will be almost impossible anyway I suspect 

14 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Can you link the actual context?  I find it hard to believe only 300 asymptomatic cases were found from a pool of >10m when it's fairly common knowledge that asymptomatic infection makes up a significant number of cases.  I can source that for you too before you ask.  I'm not going to take the word of an out of context paragraph over a sourced study which shows its methodology then concludes that:

It's obviously something that happens, this is a pointless side discussion akin to arguing the earth is flat.

i'll link you this instead

"In all the history of respiratory-borne viruses of any type, asymptomatic transmission has NEVER been the driver of outbreaks." - Dr Anthony Fauci, Director of US National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases, 28/1/2020

"“From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual.” - Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, 8/6/2020

surprise surprise they've backtracked

you're being pissed on and told it's raining

i won't discuss this any further as if you still believe the official story when everyone one from the WHO, to John Hopkins, Fauci, Whitty have contradicted themselves then nothing i say will change your mind. 

Edited by Out Foxed

13 minutes ago, Out Foxed said:

i'll link you this instead

"In all the history of respiratory-borne viruses of any type, asymptomatic transmission has NEVER been the driver of outbreaks." - Dr Anthony Fauci, Director of US National Institute of Allergy & Infectious Diseases, 28/1/2020

"“From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual.” - Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit, 8/6/2020

surprise surprise they've backtracked

you're being pissed on and told it's raining

i won't discuss this any further as if you still believe the official story when everyone one from the WHO, to John Hopkins, Fauci, Whitty have contradicted themselves then nothing i say will change your mind. 

Please read your source's sources, specifically the 2 scholarly articles they link.  Hopefully you will understand what is written better than they do.