Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mr Weller

Final Dilemma

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

You'll have to explain it to me then.

I’ve got better things to do than talk someone out of being a cuck. You can accept this as normal if you wish.

If it’s not immediately obvious why neutral fans are different to actual supporters, then you’re well beyond hope.

2 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’ve got better things to do than talk someone out of being a cuck. You can accept this as normal if you wish.

If it’s not immediately obvious why neutral fans are different to actual supporters, then you’re well beyond hope.

It isn't normal. We're in the middle of a pandemic last I checked. There are blatant reasons as to why 4000 Leicester fans can't travel down the M1 for a day out at Wembley.

Letting 4000 people attend the game to see how it all works just makes sense before the Euros where they'll want to increase that number. I can't see how you can think it's not a worthwhile thing to do. All about baby steps to get us out of this mess and getting full capacity stadiums filled with supporters as fast as possible. It's not going to happen overnight and the government will want to see clear proof that the limited capacity stadium events are working with little to no problems before they start to let football grounds open to anyone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It isn't normal. We're in the middle of a pandemic last I checked. There are blatant reasons as to why 4000 Leicester fans can't travel down the M1 for a day out at Wembley.

Letting 4000 people attend the game to see how it all works just makes sense before the Euros where they'll want to increase that number. I can't see how you can think it's not a worthwhile thing to do. All about baby steps to get us out of this mess and getting full capacity stadiums filled with supporters as fast as possible. It's not going to happen overnight and the government will want to see clear proof that the limited capacity stadium events are working with little to no problems before they start to let football grounds open to anyone.

1 it’s not the middle of the pandemic, it’s the tail end.

2 it’s not baby steps as this represents nothing of any kind of reality.

The whole thing is pointless.

On a tangent from the original topic...

It is clear the government is targeting sports events as the type of place where “Covid certification” could be used 

What is not clear is whether this means football clubs (for example) will be forced to implement such a scheme, or whether the clubs themselves will have to decide whether they want to operate one 

There is a third possibility - where the government says it is not mandatory for clubs, but it is if they want to operate at a bigger/normal capacity 

It’s going to put clubs in a rather difficult position really 

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

You have to start somewhere..... processing a queue of people wanting to access the ground with whatever ‘paperwork and ID’ they need to do so is going to be tested with local people who are not emotionally invested in the event.  they will hopefully suss out some of the issues that need fine tuning for when they increase the numbers for mid may (inc PL fixtures) and then ramped up for the euros in June. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKCJ said:

It'll be a good test into how socially distancing can work at Wembley with the Euros coming up this year.

Neutral fans are noTest...!!!  They wont Jump around or on Top of each other...nor Square off shouting abuse across the Terrasse at each other therefore spreading Aerosols or spitting...

unless somehow...most neutrals are WHam & Millwall fans..!!!

13 hours ago, Mr Weller said:

I listened to our semi final replay against Liverpool  in 74 on the radio as a child because I was too young to go. It was heartbreaking.

I was at Villa Park in 82 as a teenager when we lost to Spurs. It was awful.

Now we face Southampton in the best semi final chance of my life with the very real prospect of a Wembley final.

But I won’t be going if we get there because it’s a test event for vaccinated people and although I have had my first jab my son will have not. He was upset he would be effectively barred from this ‘once in a lifetime’ opportunity because he won’t have been vaccinated and I I couldn’t go on my own and leave him behind.

So I face the prospect of missing out again and who knows when I’ll get another chance? 

Talk about bittersweet...

"Once in a lifetime opportunity", I doubt it as we'll probably get there again next season.

We’ve been well conditioned in how to behave during this pandemic, and despite the news stories of students parties in the park in nottingham the vast majority of people are behaving. Most fans who would be lucky enough to have a ticket will be aware of the situation and I’d be surprised if they went out their way to cause trouble. 8000 in Wembley will be very subduing anyway.

There’s also the lessons that need to be learned from dealing with fans arriving in cars. Wembley can deal with up to 90,000 fans, 8000 will be fairly routine and easy to police, especially has all details of fans will have to be provided and would come from season ticket holders who will generally be more well behaved and there wouldn't also be the hoards of fans buying tickets from the numerous sources that often happens on cup final days. 

Edited by Vlad the Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Even if you're right, I fear that the powers-that-be aren't going to relinquish their control over our freedom to move any time soon.

Oh no I agree, that’s my whole point of objection in this thread. It’s not remotely a step forward, it’s a token gesture of absolute meaningless. Covid passports and ID checks will be around for as long as we allow it and submit to our masters.

As for the original dilemma, take the ticket and skip out the door singing “wemberleeeee, wemberleeeee, we’re the famous Leicester city and we’re going to wemberleeee” 

My parents went in 82 and left me at home with a baby sitter, I’ve only just forgiven them lol 

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

Oh no I agree, that’s my whole point of objection in this thread. It’s not remotely a step forward, it’s a token gesture of absolute meaningless. Covid passports and ID checks will be around for as long as we allow it and submit to our masters.

Ok, well we're now straying well away from an already non-footballing topic...and a likely divisive one too.

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Going to watch us play Man City in the final will likely be as much fun and a similar price to root canal work 

Yeah, really would struggle to be excited being told to sit miles from anyone else, mask on with next to no pre match experience beforehand. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah, really would struggle to be excited being told to sit miles from anyone else, mask on with next to no pre match experience beforehand. 

Yeah. All that combined with what will in all likelihood be a routine loss makes it incredibly unattractive. Local beer garden with mates much more attractive.

1 hour ago, fuchsntf said:

Neutral fans are noTest...!!!  They wont Jump around or on Top of each other...nor Square off shouting abuse across the Terrasse at each other therefore spreading Aerosols or spitting...

unless somehow...most neutrals are WHam & Millwall fans..!!!

Neither will actual fans. It'll be socially distanced. You won't be allowed to get close enough to someone to jump on top of them.

It's nothing like normality. We're miles away from that just now.

7 hours ago, filthyfox said:

Tickets will be restricted to Brent Council staff, Brent and NWL NHS and care staff, local school teachers and pupils over 18, Wembley Park residents and business and the local voluntary sector.

This isn't a chance for you, I'm afraid.

If I heard it right, according to a radio report this morning, 20,000 people are arriving each day at Heathrow, some waiting up to 6 hours to get through customs with social distancing impossible. Apparently, some visitors, when asked for the reason for their visit wrote "to see Buckingham Palace"! 

Defies logic that people can't travel from Leicester to Wembley yet people are allowed to enter the country with who knows what mutation of COVID-19 they might bring in. 

32 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Neither will actual fans. It'll be socially distanced. You won't be allowed to get close enough to someone to jump on top of them.

It's nothing like normality. We're miles away from that just now.

True... But...

I wonder if fans were Let loose.how many would Social Distance themselves....& if the he degenerates would hold back..:dunno:

I suspect they'll be trialing some sort of covid passport, see how the turnstiles handle it. If it fails with 4000 fans it'll not hold things up as much as 40000 fans. It's this or an empty stadium, nobody is actually missing out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

As for the original dilemma, take the ticket and skip out the door singing “wemberleeeee, wemberleeeee, we’re the famous Leicester city and we’re going to wemberleeee” 

My parents went in 82 and left me at home with a baby sitter, I’ve only just forgiven them lol 

But it was villa park ...............

and we sang more about bombing the argies than about wemberlee .....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2