Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
skmanuk

New season ticket

Looking for some season ticket advice, my son and I have held one for 9 years, however my son has gone to live in Australia. I’m aware you can’t transfer to another family member. 

My wife would like an ST so wondered what the process is, is their a waiting list? ....does becoming a Foxes member 

help? .....Home/Away points? .... or is it just a case of queuing/ phoning each year.

31 minutes ago, skmanuk said:

Looking for some season ticket advice, my son and I have held one for 9 years, however my son has gone to live in Australia. I’m aware you can’t transfer to another family member. 

My wife would like an ST so wondered what the process is, is their a waiting list? ....does becoming a Foxes member 

help? .....Home/Away points? .... or is it just a case of queuing/ phoning each year.

Since our title winning year the only way to obtain a season ticket has been to be a member and obtain enough points. Points are gained by attending home games. 

In short, until the stadium is expanded the only chance of a season ticket is to become a member and attend as many home games as you can for a few years. 

Edited by rn9013

55 minutes ago, skmanuk said:

Assuming your son is an adult, then your best bet would be for him to just retain his ticket and your wife swipe in each week with it? (assuming he hasn't surrendered it already)

It might not be "official" nor even ethical but who is going to check?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Assuming your son is an adult, then your best bet would be for him to just retain his ticket and your wife swipe in each week with it? (assuming he hasn't surrendered it already)

I was going to say the same.

If anyone challenges her, which they wouldn't, she would only have to play the "Trans card" !

Seriously though ... the only 2 occasions this would be an issue:

1. When an adult falsely uses a concessionary card (kids/OAP) ... and the light flashes up amber, instead of green.   But adults sharing adult cards?  Can't see anyone bothering about this.

2. Where there are games that require an ID check, such as Saturday's game.   Or away European matches.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Thats what i would suggest as well

On 13/05/2021 at 21:21, Kegworthfox said:

My granddaughter gave up her season so I I spoke to the club and transferred it to my grandson the club was very good 

I suspect a few members on here will be very jealous of your success in doing this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do you think 32 home points (33 after the Spurs game is added) plus 3 away priority points is enough to be able to apply for any non renewed season tickets next year, or are my points still on the low end compared to other members  ?

Also do we combine the home and away points, so for this instance do I have 35 points not including the point from the Spurs game?

Edited by FoxyJulez

22 hours ago, FoxyJulez said:

Do you think 32 home points (33 after the Spurs game is added) plus 3 away priority points is enough to be able to apply for any non renewed season tickets next year, or are my points still on the low end compared to other members  ?

Also do we combine the home and away points, so for this instance do I have 35 points not including the point from the Spurs game?

Just so you know, we aren't getting home priority points for the spurs match. They've been frozen for the season. 

On 17/05/2021 at 16:56, FoxyJulez said:

I doubt it in all honestly. I am on about 50 points and I am not expecting that to be enough. Very few people gave up season tickets for this season, and seeing they will have already paid £70 towards next season, i imagine most will continue into next season as well. 

On 17/05/2021 at 16:56, FoxyJulez said:

In recent years it’s been a ballot for members to get a season ticket, so in effect points don’t matter (I think?)

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

In recent years it’s been a ballot for members to get a season ticket, so in effect points don’t matter (I think?)

Have you got any evidence for this,  I have four friends who were successful at obtaining season tickets last time they were available and am pretty certain it was on the basis of the points they held.

32 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

Have you got any evidence for this,  I have four friends who were successful at obtaining season tickets last time they were available and am pretty certain it was on the basis of the points they held.

I might be wrong, I just recall applying myself and recall it was a ballot - but could well be wrong 

• Like 1

It’s definitely points but you apply to say you are interested rather than the club coming out and saying you are eligible to buy a season ticket if you have x amount of points. The club then look at who has applied and how many points they have and come back and tell you if you are successful. so in that sense it might feel like a ballot I guess? 

On 21/05/2021 at 08:00, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

But to enter the ballot they set a points requirement. Think it was 38 last time from memory but that was about 3 seasons ago so I guess there's 1 and a half seasons worth of games to add to that so the level will be higher.

On 21/05/2021 at 11:16, Robo61 said:

You could only enter the ballot if you had a set number of points. See my above post.

• 1 month later...

After 7 years of being a member I am now a STH! Following a recent precedent on Foxestalk that surely deserves some rep points. Some say it might even be unlucky for the team and the season ahead not to rep this post and my fantastic achievement!

Edited by SydenhamFox
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1