Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Freeman's Wharfer

What does it mean? And who would it be for?

1 minute ago, bovril said:

Reading this forum over the past few days has made me realise just how the cup final defeats are seared into our collective psyche. 

In some ways I'm fortunate I haven't seen one. I remember the 1999 League Cup final but we won the Cup the next year so that didn't linger.

For me, Wycombe will always be the worst defeat. I think we had a real chance of reaching the Final that season.

Just now, Corky said:

In some ways I'm fortunate I haven't seen one. I remember the 1999 League Cup final but we won the Cup the next year so that didn't linger.

For me, Wycombe will always be the worst defeat. I think we had a real chance of reaching the Final that season.

I think we would've won it 97. Could have got a cup double. 

It's in danger of being a rerun of the 63' Final where we lost and finished 4th,we were in the Top 4 from October.

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/browse/?season=1962

Perhaps shouldn't have posted it although at least 4th these days is deemed a success.

I often still think of how close we were.

None of my family were really football fans when I was growing up, I found it myself. Remember my dad buying me a white away kit in the early 90s when I was about 10 after a few years of pestering. My Nans the one I'll mostly think of, she had a passing interest in the game but not a fan, always did the pools and looked out for Leicester, Scarborough (frequent holiday destination) and randomly Motherwell results. She'd be the one who made an effort to get clued up on the game so when her grandson was rabbiting on about it she could get involved. She'd always save the sports pages from Mondays Mercury until I next saw her, and she did that right up until she went into hospital before she passed away when I was 20.