Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Freeman's Wharfer

What does it mean? And who would it be for?

56 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Too right, I’ll be going with my dad and thinking of my mum, wishing she was there with us. It was her who took me down as a young kid, I can’t remember my first game, I’ve always been going as far as I can remember. 

I remember milkshakes and cakes in the majestic cafe on high street? Is it still there? It was a few seasons back when I last looked.

I remember how she said our liverpool supporting neighbours turned my brother so she made sure they weren’t getting at me.

I remember how she instilled my hate for forest.

I remember looking round to see if she’d let me go on the filbert street pitch after promotion v burnley, only to see her making her own way on herself shouting “come on” with her arm outstretched grabbing my hand.

I remember when confronted with a few thousand geordies heading back to the train station after a defeat to us, she took my hand and led me through them dealing with class the banter she got, and was too quick for one lad who tried to nick my hat. lol 

I remember how ‘Abide with me’ moved her to tears before cup finals as it brought memories of her times there supporting City.

I remember how happy the Martin O’Neil years made her. 

I also remember how heartbroken my dad was when she was too ill to renew her season ticket. 

I hope she’s there watching with us tomorrow. 

For me, this will be for her as much as me, my dad and anyone else. She started me on the path to supporting this wonderful club, the lows, and the incredible highs. May tomorrow be another incredible high.

COME ON LEICESTER

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Blimey, that post made me really emotional. Let's hope we win it, mate.

And some say 'it's just a game'. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is for my Dad, too. Like many other posters.

The man who chucked me head first onto this mad City rollercoaster and its the best decision that he ever made.

Lucky enough to still be relatively young but already some of the best memories I have are with him in that lovely little ground of ours celebrating wildly every time that round white thing goes between a few metal bars.

It just would not be the same without him standing there next to me.

• Like 1

To be completely selfish it would only be for me, well except all the other Leicester fans that I don’t know   . I sneaked off into town on a bus one Saturday as a 12 year old using my pocket/ job money in 82 . Been hooked ever since.  All of my friends are glory hunters and support 1 of the so called big six and none of my family are in to football . For me it would mean or should I say help help qualify  exactly why and what it is like to support your local team through thick and thin and not just supporting a team because they win stuff these peope will never quite get it . 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

My mum and dad, who introduced me to supporting this great football club. My dad sadly passed away 12 years ago - he would not believe what has happened since. My mum is 84 and still going strong - she's still a season ticket holder. I moved to London 27 years ago after uni but City have always been my team and I've continued to travel back to watch them through good times and mainly bad ever since. My 3 kids aged 18, 14 and 12, although born in London are all huge City fans. Can't believe what they've experienced in a short time. Let's do this tomorrow!

• Like 2

Having left the UK at the tender age of 8, not to return till I was 19 I've had very little exposure with the FA cup and even the general goings on in the UK as a whole. I've often felt misplaced in life with my identity of "where I'm from" but Leicester has always been an anchor for me that helps me feel like I belong somewhere. I want us to win it for my grandad who sadly passed away a couple of years ago, as well as my dad, who without him god knows what team I'd be supporting!

• Like 1

For my grandad. Born on his birthday, a Stoke City fan. Although I didn't follow him in supporting Stoke (sorry Grandy) he instilled my love of football I remember him kicking around an old leather ball with me from almost the first moment I could stand up straight and got me hooked on the game as neither of my parents were big fans. He died of asbestos cancer the same year Pulis took Stoke up. He always said thanks to me Leicester were his 4th team after Stoke, Port Vale and Crewe and he'd be delighted to see how I've got to enjoy some successful years supporting Leics following the doldrums we've been in for most of my time as a supporter! RIP Grandy.

I've only seen my dad in tears three times in my life.

First time was at Gran's funeral.

The other two were at the football - one at West Brom when Huth equalised and he knew something was going on after us being dead and buried. I understood that one very well, I was pretty close to it myself. By the time Vardy bagged it was just pure euphoria.

The other one - it seemed slightly odd to me at the time, so soon after the title win, but it was after Vardy equalised for us in the Quarter Final of the cup back in 2018. The title and the UCL run were still so fresh to me that anything felt like a bit of a bonus at the time. But I still remember exactly what he said as well as he bawled his eyes out.

"We f**king need this. This is what f**king matters to me. I f**king need this."

He's gonna be there tomorrow. I hope he gets to see them clinch the trophy he's been dreaming of for 52 years as a fan. He went to his first game in 1969, just after the Cup Final loss, and it would have been on the lips of many a fan during his early days on the terraces.

He's got me in the mood for it tomorrow for sure. Whatever happens, this is still unchartered territory for him, and for nearly all of us. :scarf:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It means basically my entire childhood to me..

Marching band on the pitch. Coaches on Wembley Way going about 1mph through the crowds. TV coverage from 9am onwards. Elton John crying. Brian Kilcline and snoz sillet. Cameras on the team coach. Spice boys suits. Scarves walking up the steps. Merseyside final after Hillsborough disaster. Teams from the tunnel end over the speedway track. 100,000 attendance in the Sunday papers (the number seemed impossibly big). Billy Bonds. Dave Beasant. Ricky Villa. 

....we didn't start the fire...it was always burning since the world was turning...

I'm getting my FA Cup memories all mixed up now, I always remember that player wearing the massive glasses and thinking it was the funniest thing ever..was that Cov? Brighton? Mickey...?

went to bed at 2.45 last night intoxicated watching utube

the last songs before bed15/16 Mr Bocelli

already up Cup of Tea in hand gotta plaster the bathroom. 

turned down 2 tickets  for today to watch with my son and best m8

crazy i know but how would i have chosen who to take

son 0f 27 years or mate of nearly 40 years

according to all media and betting outlets Chelsea are odds on favourites

maybe today, to the tune of teddy bears picnic

todays the day that Chelsea get there wings clipped

COYB

My Grandad has been gone about 25 years, and he went to the finals in the 60s with my dad. It was a dream for them to see us winning the FA Cup. My dad said about 6 years ago he thought we’d never win the top tier in his lifetime, but we might in mine. And then the next year we appointed Claudio Ranieiri…

I don’t think people appreciate how personal this is. Winning this tournament is so overdue. Let’s do it, and write another chapter in our proud history.

• Like 2

Definitely my Dad

I daydream sometimes about what I would tell him if we somehow got to have a five minute conversation. The list basically goes:

- I got married

- Got a PhD

- Still live in Birmingham

- A British guy finally won Wimbledon

- and of course... We won the premier league! 

... it would be nice to add the FA cup to my list :)

I grew up in such a sporting household - football, rugby, snooker, tennis, cricket would always be on. I miss that! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

How far we’ve come

maybe this is perspective for those of you inside the Leicester bubble

My boys are fans - they dont have an option and even if they wanted to change their allegiance, they would soon realise they are emotionally past the point of no return. You can’t change your club. 

when my eldest was growing up down here  in the 2000/2010 period, up he pretended to be an arsenal fan at school. My youngest who only knows relative (and real)  success proudly wears his kit at every training session for his Sunday team.  And the watching parents aren’t patronising (the Spurs ones look jealously on) - we are viewed as equals. 

10 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Too right, I’ll be going with my dad and thinking of my mum, wishing she was there with us. It was her who took me down as a young kid, I can’t remember my first game, I’ve always been going as far as I can remember. 

I remember milkshakes and cakes in the majestic cafe on high street? Is it still there? It was a few seasons back when I last looked.

I remember how she said our liverpool supporting neighbours turned my brother so she made sure they weren’t getting at me.

I remember how she instilled my hate for forest.

I remember looking round to see if she’d let me go on the filbert street pitch after promotion v burnley, only to see her making her own way on herself shouting “come on” with her arm outstretched grabbing my hand.

I remember when confronted with a few thousand geordies heading back to the train station after a defeat to us, she took my hand and led me through them dealing with class the banter she got, and was too quick for one lad who tried to nick my hat. lol 

I remember how ‘Abide with me’ moved her to tears before cup finals as it brought memories of her times there supporting City.

I remember how happy the Martin O’Neil years made her. 

I also remember how heartbroken my dad was when she was too ill to renew her season ticket. 

I hope she’s there watching with us tomorrow. 

For me, this will be for her as much as me, my dad and anyone else. She started me on the path to supporting this wonderful club, the lows, and the incredible highs. May tomorrow be another incredible high.

COME ON LEICESTER

:scarf::scarf::scarf:

Wow that was beautiful. Got me ****ing crying mate haha

• Like 1

Thinking of my dad . He served in the army through the whole of world war 2. Had no time really for sport but wanted me to see the 69 final so got tickets (I never found out how)lol . We never spoke a word on the way home we were so disappointed to lose .

Dads whole family were born and raised near Worlds End, Chelsea ( for those who know the area:ph34r:) so today would be interesting :scarf:

Edited by surrifox

It's hard to put into words but winning the FA Cup was always more important than winning the league when I first started watching.

In simple terms this sums it up.

The Missing Piece | Puzzle pieces, 3d human, Abstract graphic design

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, davieG said:

It's hard to put into words but winning the FA Cup was always more important that winning the league when I first started watching.

In simple terms this sums it up.

The Missing Piece | Puzzle pieces, 3d human, Abstract graphic design

that sums it up perfectly,  today is the day we drop that piece in.

I can remember with affection as a boy listing on radio Leicester,City v Spurs semi final with my grandad he had been to the 1949 final as the Great Norman Plummer had led us out that day.

My mum & dad being a season ticket in the sixties ,she had to forfeit her 1969 final ticket being everly pregnant  with me.

So for me today is a about  family past and present LCFC through and through, that never got to see us lift the Cup.

I so want us to do this

It's our time..

I recall watching the ‘69 final with my dad when I was 9yrs old, he is a life long Leicester fan as I have been.  52 years later I find myself in Azerbaijan, in isolation for work purposes while he is at home fighting hard against the dreaded big “C”.  So my day will be filled with mixed emotions, excitement, joy, worry, nervousness and some regret that I cant watch this match with him but overall, pride, pride at my dads strength and determination and pride in the team that we support who have achieved so much in our lifetimes.  I only pray that our boys can all give 100% for all our supporters, wherever they are and whatever predicament they find themselves in today and maybe, just maybe, raise that silverware for my dad, for me and everyone of us that hold our city’s team so dear.

C’mon Leicester!  Let’s do this!

• Like 2