Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Battlefield

I loved the scale of the Battlefield games from 10 years ago. It's something that the COD games have only just caught up on. I haven't bought a Battlefield game since that weird police one they did 5-6 years ago but I think I'll get this when I manage to get a PS5,.

Echo the enthusiasm for this.  Think the leaked videos showed "near-future" modern conflict which is a pleasant move away from the WW1/2 theatre which was great but getting a bit tired.  BF4 remains (https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/battlefield4 currently free on PC!) my favourite recent BF game by some distance and hope this is close to that.

26 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Echo the enthusiasm for this.  Think the leaked videos showed "near-future" modern conflict which is a pleasant move away from the WW1/2 theatre which was great but getting a bit tired.  BF4 remains (https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/battlefield4 currently free on PC!) my favourite recent BF game by some distance and hope this is close to that.

Just redeemed that offer and installing BF4 right now! Haven't played it for about 5 years and although I enjoyed the WW1/2 games, BF4 has definitely been my favourite

53 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Battlefield 2042

Out on 22nd October

128 player matches on PS5!

Can't wait. I've had every Battlefield over the years but the two I hated most was BF Hardline and BF5. I preordered BF5 and was shocked on how poor and different it was to BF1 (which I do love) and just couldn't get into it. Even tried again 2 weeks ago and just hated it. Not a Cod fan so I ended up spending all my time on Pubg. Really need this to be good, as I'm just started to get bored of gaming. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Can't wait. I've had every Battlefield over the years but the two I hated most was BF Hardline and BF5. I preordered BF5 and was shocked on how poor and different it was to BF1 (which I do love) and just couldn't get into it. Even tried again 2 weeks ago and just hated it. Not a Cod fan so I ended up spending all my time on Pubg. Really need this to be good, as I'm just started to get bored of gaming. 

Man after my own heart. BF5 and Hardline especially were God awful. I know everyone likes different things, but to this day I dont see how anyone likes those 2.

I also thought Bad Company 2 was shit and ruined by snipers, but I seem to be well in the minority on that one.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Man after my own heart. BF5 and Hardline especially were God awful. I know everyone likes different things, but to this day I dont see how anyone likes those 2.

I also thought Bad Company 2 was shit and ruined by snipers, but I seem to be well in the minority on that one.

I had to look it up on xbox as was curious, but I accumulated 42 minutes on Hardline.  Absolute garbage.

Looks alright. Gameplay video is out next week. Think they have had plenty of time to put a bit more effort into it this time as I think they rushed BFV to compete with COD. I've heard no campaign mode or BR mode (thank god! Just don't suit the franchise) 

Can't wait. 

Seen a lot of negativity around no campaign in this game. Not arsed myself as 90% of campaigns in BF were garbage and I don't really like single player anyway. 

Agreed on the Battle Royale. I'd rather DICE not get sucked into the bandwagon on that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Well as reveal trailers go that was quite the spectacle. Very much looking forward to the gameplay on Sunday. 

I'm in the minority that preferred V to 1 and 3 to 4 - madness, I know.

Yes officer this is the post.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Honestly, Hardline was easily one of my favourite multiplayer shooters of recent years. Never really got into the story mode (which was apparently its strong point), but simple tweaks to standard FPS team-based multiplayer fundamentals just made it feel unlike other shooters

- loved the use of equipment. The grappling hook added a lot to tactical options

- a few standout maps that really played to the games strengths. The bank one (with the multistorey carpark opposite) would always be won by the team who played most as a team. There was another map with a large outdoors area and a single small building which was really good fun, as it was all about who could keep the roof manned best, also the night forest one (while not great in layout) was always cool to play as you'd constantly feel exposed no matter what class you were

- love how it introduced each match as a breaking news story on TV

Gutted it never really caught on and likely won't get a follow up. I think if they'd had more budget to tart up the graphics it would have sold a lot better

Here's a quite detailed review of the game. Not really a fan of watching youtubers but watched quite a few of his over the years and always seems quite knowledgeable. Always gets invited to behind the scenes content. Must admit, I am getting very excited now. Just got to invest in a series x if I can ever get my hands on one. I won't give in to the scalpers. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Just got to invest in a series x if I can ever get my hands on one. I won't give in to the scalpers. 

Download an app called HotStock. I put in on my phone and picked one up within the week. There seems to be quite a few hitting shelves in a few different shops the past couple of weeks. 

• Like 1