Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Battlefield

23 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

We all know it'll release an absolute broken mess lol

But then 3 months later it'll run (hopefully) as advertised. Certainly looks the absolute business. 

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah it'll be busted at launch like pretty much all BF games have been, but it does look bloody good. 

This is the correct way to play Battlefield :thumbup: some of the bugs/glitches can be absolute hilarious :P

• 1 month later...

Used to be mad on Bad Company 2 and BF3 a fair few years back and a few of the lads have been talking about getting back into it. We've been playing some Battlefield IV(?) I think and having some fun with the idea of playing 2042 from release when there's lots of noobs and everyone's learning.

Going back to BF games that have been out for years is hard so keen to give this a go and get it on ground level.

• 5 weeks later...

When games get a small delay late in their development cycle it's nearly always because its nowhere near ready and they're desperately trying to iron out major bugs to make the game playable at release. Without the delay you still would have put money on it but with the delay you can all but guarantee this game will launch an unfinished disaster. 

10 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

When games get a small delay late in their development cycle it's nearly always because its nowhere near ready and they're desperately trying to iron out major bugs to make the game playable at release. Without the delay you still would have put money on it but with the delay you can all but guarantee this game will launch an unfinished disaster. 

Pretty sure being a buggy mess on release is just a part of the Battlefield experience lol

• 3 weeks later...

Obviously it's a beta but extremely underwhelmed by what I've played of this. It's like one of those "Battlefield killers" you see pop up on YouTube every now and then from some mystery Eastern European developer that never makes it out of early access. The weapons and movement feel unbelievably stiff and the map is pointlessly big. None of the changes to the formula feel like they improve the game and I'd say quite a few actively worsen it. In terms of how it feels to play I am struggling to think of a worse multiplayer shooter, beta/early access or otherwise.

Since I started playing them I don't think there's a Battlefield I haven't picked up day one or near enough but I'll be saving my money this time around and seeing what sort of shape it ends up in further down the line. If I'd pre-ordered I'd have cancelled very quickly.

• Like 1

Holy crap this is by far the worst BF ever made honestly might be the death of BF can see this being a total disaster personally apparently it's a old build but that's usually PR spin especially with EA

Gunplay by far the worst I've played, not one satisfying gun and for some reason in a game where the maps are massive they don't seem to shoot very far.

Operators completely destroy the design of the game not only does it destroy the class system which destroys the whole teamwork aspect you cant spot who's enemy and who's not because they both look the exact same,
In a game with 128 players in it this is just beyond dumb in terms of game design.

UI is actually disgusting and horribly overdesigned.

Even the graphics and sound are pretty below par for a new BF title usually they're pretty top notch but this looks no better than CoD,
tbh it just feels like a really cheap cod clone.

Edited by LestaFox92