Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

90 Nostalgia - LCFC Video Magazines

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I used to record all the goals on central news if we’d won’t some point in the early 80’s, it’s a shame, I’ve got a feeling I probably chucked the vhs last summer clearing my garage out. 

Ha, the same. Used the same method as taping the charts on a Sunday, as soon as Dennis Coath popped up at the end I'd hot the stop button in record time.

4 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I used to record all the goals on central news if we’d won’t some point in the early 80’s, it’s a shame, I’ve got a feeling I probably chucked the vhs last summer clearing my garage out. 

Same here, still got the vhs cassettes but not sure if they play or not..?

Just now, rico said:

I got rid of them as I’ve not got a vhs player, or it’s up in the attack somewhere. There is a slight chance I did keep it if I recognised the tape, I’ll have a look over the summer.

8 hours ago, rico said:

8 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I got rid of them as I’ve not got a vhs player, or it’s up in the attack somewhere. There is a slight chance I did keep it if I recognised the tape, I’ll have a look over the summer.

I know I'm a proper beg at this point, but if you ever wanted to chuck them my way (if you an find them) I'll genuinely have a ball sifting through the footage to record and upload.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

I know I'm a proper beg at this point, but if you ever wanted to chuck them my way (if you an find them) I'll genuinely have a ball sifting through the footage to record and upload.

If I come across them I’ll message you, I’m pretty sure I’ve still got the derby play off, as on the bit of sticky tape along the side I wrote “silence of the rams”, though I think that’s on YouTube anyway. . 

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Sure no probs, i'll have a root around at my parents house for them

53 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

If I come across them I’ll message you, I’m pretty sure I’ve still got the derby play off, as on the bit of sticky tape along the side I wrote “silence of the rams”, though I think that’s on YouTube anyway. . 

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Sure no probs, i'll have a root around at my parents house for them

Cheers guys. I'll always take a look at anything you have. Even if the Derby game is on YT, if there's pre and post match on the tape... there's good content everywhere!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

This is my channel and I'm glad it's still giving people nostalgia. Unfotunately a small handful of the season reviews and Video Mags have been shot down by copyright, but thankfully most remain.

A quick beg though, if anyone has any VHS tapes stashed away somewhere that they can't see uploaded on this channel, please let me know. There's still some monthly VHS tapes from around 90/91 through to 94/95 that just seem impossible to find and I really want to slap them up on YouTube so people can continue to enjoy them!

Mate thanks for doing the channel, it brought back many great memories  :thumbup:

I bought quite a few of these, I think they’re still round my Dads, also bought the Leicester v Leeds cassette, when we beat them 4-3, it was a bit crap with no commentary, Strachan scored a pen and our keeper wasn’t ready, and it was awarded, McAllister got the winner, anybody remember it? 

55 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

It's just a case that they get ripped down again. For example Man Utd claimed copyright on a couple of season reviews because of goals they scored against us.

One thing I need to do at some point is go through the taken down ones and cover up/snip out the bit in the video which is blocked, but processing it can be time consuming so have been lazy.

That being said, I genuinely enjoy the fact that people get to see this stuff because otherwise it'll be lost to eternity, and (soppy as it sounds) everyone should have easy access to the history of this team. These and the issues of The Fox from the 1990s I have are a genuinely fascinating insight into the club at that time.

I still have issues of The Fox and Where's The Money Gone? from the 90'S...

@Footballwipe

I've got the following Official Videos

!991/92 Monthly Highlights Volumes 1,2,3

Leicester City - Highlights of 91-92 Official Season Review

Leicester City So Near So Far Official Highlights 1992/93

Leicester City Promoted - 1993-94

101 Great Goals

Leicester City Classics

I've also got the unofficial TV Recordings of the Blackburn Play-off, Derby Play-Off Final and Crystal Palace Play-off Finals - Probably not that great quality recorded while I was at the games

I've managed to copy all of the above onto my PC as well - not to sure about the quality of these.

On my PC I've got the recording of Time Of Our Lives split into 4 sections

LCFC Classics 73-83

Recordings of the goals from each game as shown on ITV or BBC Midlands News for the seasons 2008/9 - 9/10 - 10/11 - 11/12

• Like 3

22 hours ago, rico said:

I still have issues of The Fox and Where's The Money Gone? from the 90'S...

21 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Yes I saved my issues of the fox and where’s the money gone. 

I literally bought nearly every issue I was missing from the 90's at Croft Car Boot on Monday. Two people were selling off their dad's LCFC collection of progs/mags and it was insanely huge!

19 hours ago, davieG said:

@Footballwipe

I've got the following Official Videos

!991/92 Monthly Highlights Volumes 1,2,3

Leicester City - Highlights of 91-92 Official Season Review

Leicester City So Near So Far Official Highlights 1992/93

Leicester City Promoted - 1993-94

101 Great Goals

Leicester City Classics

I've also got the unofficial TV Recordings of the Blackburn Play-off, Derby Play-Off Final and Crystal Palace Play-off Finals - Probably not that great quality recorded while I was at the games

I've managed to copy all of the above onto my PC as well - not to sure about the quality of these.

On my PC I've got the recording of Time Of Our Lives split into 4 sections

LCFC Classics 73-83

Recordings of the goals from each game as shown on ITV or BBC Midlands News for the seasons 2008/9 - 9/10 - 10/11 - 11/12

The ones in bold I don't have (especially if the playoffs have pre/HT/post match coverage, which is fast sounding like my fetish) and I'd be interested in if you're willing for a loan of them so I can transfer digitally?

2 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I literally bought nearly every issue I was missing from the 90's at Croft Car Boot on Monday. Two people were selling off their dad's LCFC collection of progs/mags and it was insanely huge!

The ones in bold I don't have (especially if the playoffs have pre/HT/post match coverage, which is fast sounding like my fetish) and I'd be interested in if you're willing for a loan of them so I can transfer digitally?

I have the play-offs all saved digitally on my PC, if there's a way to send them to you electronically you could then view them to see if they are ok or want the original recordings. But yeah you welcomed to borrow them. I also have the Everton game pre and post-match + the match itself digitally on my pc.

On 04/06/2021 at 10:36, dayday said:

I bought quite a few of these, I think they’re still round my Dads, also bought the Leicester v Leeds cassette, when we beat them 4-3, it was a bit crap with no commentary, Strachan scored a pen and our keeper wasn’t ready, and it was awarded, McAllister got the winner, anybody remember it? 

Yes. I was there with my dad and grandad sat in the main stand. My dad made us leave 5 minutes early as he was worried that there would be trouble after the game.

An enormous thanks to @davieG for the loan of his tapes, and we now have new videos on the channel

91/92 Monthly highlights Vol 1-3

96 Playoff final, full coverage

94 Playoff final, full coverage (processing at time of posting

92 &93 Playoff finals, pretty much full coverage (coming soon)

There's also some great news clips from the 94 trophy parade to enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

An enormous thanks to @davieG for the loan of his tapes, and we now have new videos on the channel

91/92 Monthly highlights Vol 1-3

Love this thanks.

The 91/92 full season highlights was played so much as a kid I wore the tape out. Didn't realise they did the monthly highlights for that season.

Watching it now its so great to see much more in depth highlights of some of the earliest games I remember going to.