Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Steam Deck (Handheld PC Gaming)

6 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

August 2021, but I believe lead times are considerably less than 12 months haha.

Screen is a lot bigger than you'd think. Huge in comparison to a switch.

Have you tried any Paradox or Total War Grand Strat games?

Also.... A YEAR!!!???  Jesus

Edited by filthyfox

On 30/08/2022 at 09:57, The People's Hero said:

They've really nailed this. Absolutely superb. Hard to believe the performance given the form factor and pricing.

You’d recommend it then? Was thinking of picking up a new gaming laptop, but have been thinking of this for a while now. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

Did you get it?  And does it play Assassins Creed well?

Nahh I had one pre-ordered but when it came to the time I had to pay for the full thing I cancelled it

Just felt like I wouldn't play it enough and I was probably right, plenty on my PS5, Switch and PC keeping me busy and I don't really travel enough to make it worth it that way

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Nahh I had one pre-ordered but when it came to the time I had to pay for the full thing I cancelled it

Just felt like I wouldn't play it enough and I was probably right, plenty on my PS5, Switch and PC keeping me busy and I don't really travel enough to make it worth it that way

Got mine coming tomorrow.  Paid £60 extra for an eBay model to skip the queue.   #worthit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Who's got one of these and how are you finding it? I remain extraordinarily tempted, especially now you can just buy one rather than having to reserve, but I could also really do with a new GPU and comparatively one of these seems like a bit of a luxury (well, even more of a luxury). Even so, everyone who has one seems to absolutely love it. I'm hoping someone can save me from my indecision by convincing me it's either a waste of money or the greatest thing ever.

Pick 5 modern games that interest you (if you are playing more retro then definitely for you, especially if you plan to install emulators); then go to youtube and search the name of the game and steamdeck and you'll get an idea of performance, usability etc you're likely to get.

I personally just want a native app to use gamepass. 

• Thanks 1

I'm so tempted it hurts - but the ongoing issue over whether Destiny will continue to work on it/not work on it remains the thing preventing me popping one in a basket.

Might still grab one so I can game away the flight to the Far East in March.

On 17/12/2022 at 22:43, filthyfox said:

Assasins creed Origins is on sale on Steam.  Very similar to Cyber Punk. Plays very well on steam deck, and the graphics are amazing

Picked that up among others as I've not played it before and do like the AC series

Set it up for Xbox game pass last night. Got a two month pass off CDKeys for three quid fifty as I didn’t want to commit. 

Pretty easy job to do, artwork was a breeze to instal into the Steam app. Bosh. 

Lying in bed gaming this morning - this is the life :D