Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Steam Deck (Handheld PC Gaming)

On 24/01/2023 at 20:35, Brenfox said:

21 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Been using my Steam Deck for emulation, it's absolutely brilliant. The difficult part is moving the ROMs onto the memory card.

I'll be getting one eventually purely for emulation. What's the best it can emulate at the moment?

I think you can get to PS3 with mixed luck. PS2/Dreamcast/Gamecube have been absolutely fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Had this thing for almost a month now, and it's brilliant. Been mostly switching between AC: Valhalla and Miles Morales. The former crashed every single time I played it but I installed CryoUtilities and it's so much better.

Red Dead Redemption is currently 67% off at £19.79, has anyone played it on the Deck yet? Still in the middle of a re-play on the PS4 so I might finish that and wait for it to come on sale again.

On 16/04/2023 at 15:49, urban.spaceman said:

Had this thing for almost a month now, and it's brilliant. Been mostly switching between AC: Valhalla and Miles Morales. The former crashed every single time I played it but I installed CryoUtilities and it's so much better.

Red Dead Redemption is currently 67% off at £19.79, has anyone played it on the Deck yet? Still in the middle of a re-play on the PS4 so I might finish that and wait for it to come on sale again.

Yes to cryoutilities.... also, get the proton version to experimental.

I can also recommend Planet Zoo.  I'm absolutely hook, but, being a real life zoo inspector, I didn't expect anything less!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 05/09/2023 at 07:21, Brenfox said:

Ended up going for the Rog Ally instead. Can't wait for it to arrive & get started.

Plumped for one of these myself. Arrived this weekend. My gamepass subscription made it a no brainer.

Very, very impressed with it, once I updated the graphics driver, it handled Starfield really well. The cross save between this and my series X is going to be a godsend with 3 kids around.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Think I'm going to be sick with the price of a ROG now! Bought mine 2 months ago at £699, now down to £549 on Currys :@

Annoying but how much have you played it since you got it? I paid about 530 I think it was for my ps5 with a few extras after the shortage ended, skip 4 months and the same bundle was 420 quid, but I got hundred quid a use out of it I’d argue, just about. 

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Annoying but how much have you played it since you got it? I paid about 530 I think it was for my ps5 with a few extras after the shortage ended, skip 4 months and the same bundle was 420 quid, but I got hundred quid a use out of it I’d argue, just about. 

I do use it a fair bit, it's very handy as I have GamePass ultimate, so I've been able to carry on my Starfield save on it whilst the wife or kids have had the TV. Hammered it recently as AC: Syndicate was free from Ubisoft

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Had to send my Deck back to Steam because it wouldn't boot for some reason. Nothing I tried worked. So I've not had a working Deck for about 4 weeks, and the tracker has said "label created" since Tuesday, which means it's still in bloody Prague.

I am having withdrawal symptoms.

20 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Had to send my Deck back to Steam because it wouldn't boot for some reason. Nothing I tried worked. So I've not had a working Deck for about 4 weeks, and the tracker has said "label created" since Tuesday, which means it's still in bloody Prague.

I am having withdrawal symptoms.

I feel for you