Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blackboots only

Wembley Pubs

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Green Man will be the liveliest. 

The bus I'm on has booked a space at the Green Man.

It will along with the Torch be totally rammed by 2.00pm. A few decent boozers in Kilburn (4 stops on the tube) that get busy but not so as you cant move.

28 minutes ago, boots60 said:

It will along with the Torch be totally rammed by 2.00pm. A few decent boozers in Kilburn (4 stops on the tube) that get busy but not so as you cant move.

Yep, was about to mention Kilburn (I run a shop there). Pubs closer to the Tube include the North London Tavern and the Black Lion, but a bit pricey. Further down the High Road you have budget places like the Earl Derby and (even further down, but a great place) the Old Bell. The pubs, as mentioned, do fill up on a Cup day, so they're used to dealing with bigger numbers. If you want a place with a better chance of a seat try McGlynns on Willesden Lane (Irish sports pub, and budget prices for London) or the Priory Tavern on Belsize Road (not cheap, but a premium type of place, possibly my favourite in the area).

Edit If you're coming from Euston you can take the overground, 10 minutes to Kilburn, and you're just next to the Old Bell. Only snag is it's a good 10 or 15 minute walk up the high road to the Tube station.

Edited by SkidsFox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, boots60 said:

Green Man and The Arch are our pubs. 

Torch - Man City

Coming in from St Pancras, are there any decent pubs along the Metropolitan line that would be worth a visit?

I've been to the Green Man near Wembley before and it was a good atmosphere but fancy checking out a couple of places along the route and maybe slowly moving towards the ground on the tube?

11 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Coming in from St Pancras, are there any decent pubs along the Metropolitan line that would be worth a visit?

I've been to the Green Man near Wembley before and it was a good atmosphere but fancy checking out a couple of places along the route and maybe slowly moving towards the ground on the tube?

Start at the Euston Tap always a good laugh especially if the weather is nice 

• Like 1