Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
demon_dog

Match day Car Parking

I'm sure I've seen this mentioned somewhere before but cannot seem to find it!

Having not been into the city for 18 months I wondered if any car parks handy for the ground have closed or new ones opened.

I will be coming into Leicester down King Richards road, where's best from there to park.

Cheers.

I believe there are more restrictions around the Westcotes area and of course the Granby Halls site is no longer there. There's also road works going on opening up Putney Road as a through road to Aylestone Road on the Freemans

Commons site..

Welford Road Almond Road all the way up to the Ring Road still has restrictions on it, that probably wont affect you though.

30 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Does anyone park at the Highcross? How is it getting out after the game?

We park near there and you would almost not even be able to tell there was a match on when exiting around that area. It’s about a 15/20 minute walk to the car and we have always been able to get straight out and on the a50 home. Saturday games, Sunday games and midweeks.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

We park near there and you would almost not even be able to tell there was a match on when exiting around that area. It’s about a 15/20 minute walk to the car and we have always been able to get straight out and on the a50 home. Saturday games, Sunday games and midweeks.

Out of interest how much does it cost to park there? 

On 09/08/2021 at 11:48, davieG said:

I believe there are more restrictions around the Westcotes area and of course the Granby Halls site is no longer there. There's also road works going on opening up Putney Road as a through road to Aylestone Road on the Freemans

Commons site..

Welford Road Almond Road all the way up to the Ring Road still has restrictions on it, that probably wont affect you though.

At least 30 spaces gone at the bottom of Freemans Common. Potential huge new University multi storey car park on Putney Road but don't think its open yet.

We've bitten the bullet this year and bought a ticket for the filbert street car park - used to park at the athletics stadium.

Club are now saying we need to be there 60 mins ahead of KO which is tricky as we travel from a fair bit away - does anyone else park there and can they confirm if we'd have issues arriving closer to KO say 30-45 mins out?

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Wonder if it's possible to use Freeman's Leisure park (Nandos, Local Hero, Bingo etc)? Might have to buy a cinema ticket or something to avoid the Parking Eye cowboys but would still be as cheap as some car parks. Dunno. 

Used to park there before. You can go into the Local Hero and register your car reg at the bar and parking is free.

23 hours ago, hebangsthedrums said:

We've bitten the bullet this year and bought a ticket for the filbert street car park - used to park at the athletics stadium.

Club are now saying we need to be there 60 mins ahead of KO which is tricky as we travel from a fair bit away - does anyone else park there and can they confirm if we'd have issues arriving closer to KO say 30-45 mins out?

As a matter of interest how much is it to park on the car park?

I went to Saffron Lane athletics yesterday as usual but seems as though most of it is taken up by portacabins for the road works? No one charging anymore or policing it (used to be £5). Managed to get in late free.  Not sure if this will be available going forward but if you get there early,  might get in.  Although there is a risk of getting blocked in with no one managing it.

• 8 months later...