Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Burnley Match Thread

Guest seanfox778

i think we should try and sign craig beattie on loan from celtic cos he's a decent striker who could cut it at this level but doesn't get a look in at celtic unless someone's injured and if he performs maybe we could get him permenant

atlest we would lose 7- 6 not 1 - 0

First principle of the new regime: the word "lose" does not exist and is never uttered within the club's boundaries. Not in relation to games of cards, to wives, licenses, virginity and certainly not football. The word is banned, thoughts of the word are banned. As of today the whole concept of losing ceases to exist.

All aspects of any defeat will simply be further building blocks of experience and education. Whatever the last result our whole focus will immediately revert to winning and in a way that glorifies this wonderful game called football.

If any of you people want to be good - you WILL be good and you will focus on being good.

(Just an example really of the sort of motivation that can be instilled into players to enable them to lift their game to levels barely dreamed of).

As the legendary Bill Shankly once said to me: "At Liverpool the players are special. Everything about them is special - even the way they break their legs is special. And don't you worry about the opposition, son. They'll fade like snow when the rains come...."

Marvellous man, marvellous motivator and his teams played as if football was the only love in their life...and not surprisingly judging by his final remark...

"Don't forget laddie. Every day you've got life and breath you've got a holiday"

Football has to be played from the soul Craig, not from a f.....g textbook.

For Heaven's sake Lush they've done great - it was nearly an hour before we had a shot on target. Hardly the raw material for a Dickens novel. :):):)

:D With dubs and deep freeze upfront, i was tempted to do a thread entitled "one lump or two" :D

394 minutes without scoring (including the plymouth fiasco).

Shambles, but nothing less then what we've come to expect. Although I agree with many points some people on this board should step back to reality.

* A 19 year old left back is not the solution to our problems. (Towards Thracian)

* We have forgotten how to attack.

* Everything about the club now stinks of fear, fear off opposition, there is no pride left in the club. When we came back down we were feared, we were feared at filbert street, we were feared at the Walkers in its first season.

* We don't know how to attack, everyone seems to think we only need one striker to play up alongside De-vries. However we need two more first team strikers.

* I think we will beat Watford, because we do always seem to win the games in which Levein has fans on his back the most. ( Derby at home last season, Watford away and Coventry at home this season)

*What ever happened to the attacking, fluent side we saw towards the end of this season and the start of this. I'll tell you what happened:

1) We got rid of Gillespie (Doing really well at Sheffield United) for Sylla.

2) We got rid of Stewart for someone even worse.... Gilbert and Nissa at left back. What does Nissa offer going forward that Steward didnt.Jordan was sound at left back and at least attempted to attack.

3) We did not replace Nalis in the summer....We need an out and out attacking central midfielder.

4) Football is not that difficult, you have to score more goals then your opponent. Scrap this philiosophy of if you don't concede you won't lose. Let's go out all guns blazing at home and against the lower and even top sides away. Teams like Sheffield United an Reading are used to team defending at their place, if we attack them in a responsible manner we can win these games. It is not that hard to win matches in this leauge.

* We are basically shit

Shambles, but nothing less then what we've come to expect. Although I agree with many points some people on this board should step back to reality.

* A 19 year old left back is not the solution to our problems. (Towards Thracian)

* Everything about the club now stinks of fear, fear off opposition, there is no pride left in the club. When we came back down we were feared, we were feared at filbert street, we were feared at the Walkers in its first season.

* We don't know how to attack, everyone seems to think we only need one striker to play up alongside De-vries. However we need two more first team strikers.

* I think we will beat Watford, because we do always seem to win the games in which Levein has fans on his back the most. ( Derby at home last season, Watford away and Coventry at home this season)

*What ever happened to the attacking, fluent side we saw towards the end of this season and the start of this. I'll tell you what happened:

2) We got rid of Stewart for someone even worse.... Gilbert and Nissa at left back. What does Nissa offer going forward that Steward didnt.Jordan was sound at left back and at least attempted to attack.

3) We did not replace Nalis in the summer....We need an out and out attacking central midfielder.

4) Football is not that difficult, you have to score more goals then your opponent. Scrap this philiosophy of if you don't concede you won't lose. Let's go out all guns blazing at home and against the lower and even top sides away. Teams like Sheffield United an Reading are used to team defending at their place, if we attack them in a responsible manner we can win these games. It is not that hard to win matches in this leauge.

* We are basically shit

It's amazing how time can distort. I agree with your sense of perspective on the current situation, but Gillespie, Nalis, Stewart. They were all useless and I am still glad we got rid.

Our left-back position needs sorting, yes. Johansson is not going to push forward on the overlap, which I feel we need.

Sylla has not got forward, but then I am not sure what people expect him to do. He cannot run down the wing and cross without first having received a good pass to release him. Everyone expects him to skin a player or two everytime he gets the ball. That is not going to happen. Ryan Smith has proved just as ineffective, so it seems that either a) they are both not getting into decent positions, or b) the balls that are being played to them are not good enough and not being spotted early enough. I know which one I favour.

With regards Nalis, he was not very good. Too lightweight, passes sideways with the odd long shot that might result in a goal. Sounds like a long haired version of Gudjonsson to me.

* We are basically shit

Regarding the 19-year-old left back I don't say he is the solutions to all our problems, just the solution to the left-back problem.

I don't know how many times you've watched him this season but I've seen him lots (and you know my view).

Ric Flair is another whose seen him lots and who waxed lyrical about his captain's performance against Chelsea Reserves last week when it sounded almost like two or three men against the rest in a 1-1 draw.

We are by no means the only ones with this view judging by the poll which gave Sheehan 68 per cent of the vote for left back (or thereabouts) and the rest 32 per cent or thereabouts between them.

If we had a good left back it would be harder to make a case. But we don't.

Oh yes and I've already mentioned the rare occasion when we won by two clear goals against Sheffield Wednesday. Sheehan was left back that day and we've barely scored since let alone won by two goals.

What I don't understand is what the hell you've got against the kid (assuming you HAVE seen him regularly).

PS: I'm with you on the rest.

* We are basically shit

Agree completely.

Jordan Stewart was inconsistency personified but at least he tried to attack as a LB. Johansson is not a left back but Levein just doesn't understand. We need our full backs to support our wingers and it ain't gonna happen with Johansson there.

I'd rather have Gillespie than Sylla. Gillespie had his weaknesses but at least he showed some commitment last season.

I thought Nalis was a very good player at this level and at least he supported our strikers when he was here. None of our midfielders are doing that this season and it's hardly surprising that our midfielders rarely score.

Archived