Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Burnley Match Thread

i believe chambers is too young thrac

also you've only named 4 subs

When I hear that from the club I'll believe it. It's been posted on here that Chambers IS eligible because the age ruling which would put him out will not be introduced until neext season or the season after that. I'll stand correctly but I cannot understand why the club doesn't clarify the point cos it's been touched on often enough.

If Chambers cannot play then use Hammond with MDV.

The big point is my side uses far more attacking players than at present, better passers, people who do not give the ball away cheaply, people who can pass accurately, people who can shoot and take free kicks, people who would make natural partners etc etc.

We need to develop a cohesive unit.

No goals, precious few shots, could have lost by three, stuffed twice by the same (ordinary) team in a few weeks, four wins in 18 games. Commentators say they've played all combination of strikers.... truth is we won by two goals against Sheffield Wednesday and there was a reason for it but Levein is too stubborn to admit it.

He persists with his same lame, unimaginative and disjointed approach.

Stearman, Sheehan, Hughes, Hume, Smith, Chambers should all be in the side against Watford and the whole approach should be positive. How long do you have to say it ... after 400 minutes without a goal there sweet fa to lose.

Team Tuesday:

Douglas;

Stearman, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Sheehan;

Smith, Hughes, Williams;

Hume;

Chambers, MDV.

Subs: Hammond, Hammond, Nils, Joey, Dion.

do it.

Sorry Thrac,

Have to disagree. A midfield 3 of Smith, Hughes & Williams would be hopelessly outgunned in every game. Even playing Tiatto, Gudjonsson and Kisnorbo as a midfield three would in my mind leave us outfought in the middle.

If we want to improve, we need to look at getting our fullbacks bombing up the line. Maybury doesn't seem to want to overlap anymore and Johansson, well we all know about that.

I think we have the makings for a good team. We have some of the best centre-backs in the league (McCarthy, Johansson, Gerrbrand) and a few useful midfielders too. We lack a midfield general to pull it altogether (Gudjonnson is not the boy, neither is Kisnorbo) and I am concerned about our strikeforce. However, De Vries and Hume are adequate a this level if the chances are created, although I would like to see a loan signing (my first choice is Robbie Fowler in an audacious bid).

We do not have strikers who can create something out of nothing and so need the midfield (and fullbacks) to do the creating.

It will be interesting to see how Levein responds on Tuesday.

I'd rather bring Wright back first, i know he's not great but he's clearly better than Hammond and Dublin. His goals at Blackpool will surely boost his confidence. Signs of desperation perhaps, but something has to be done, pronto.

The big point is my side uses far more attacking players than at present, better passers, people who do not give the ball away cheaply, people who can pass accurately, people who can shoot and take free kicks, people who would make natural partners etc etc.

We need to develop a cohesive unit.

It's all well and good ploughing forwards but what about when they hit on the break? who in that midfield is going to stick a foot in and win it back?

I'd rather bring Wright back first, i know he's not great but he's clearly better than Hammond and Dublin. His goals at Blackpool will surely boost his confidence. Signs of desperation perhaps, but something has to be done, pronto.

or even o'grady who is the same height as mdv so levein would still have his preious "big man" up front

It's all well and good ploughing forwards but what about when they hit on the break? who in that midfield is going to stick a foot in and win it back?

We had God knows how many defenders today and shipped three goals even if two were disallowed and that was against one front runner.

Where's the principal of defending well up the park gone?.

Besides, Stearman and Sheehan are excellent defenders but the point is they can attack and pass accurately as well as defending.

I don't actually mind Tiatto or Joey in midfield instead of Williams to add a bit of steel, I deliberated quite hard myself about that. But, that's enough. One rottweiler. Someone has got to be creative, there needs to be more potential attackers in the side.

We have to play to OUR strengths because we're not good enough, generally, to prevent the opposition scoring at least once. Consequently we HAVE to score at least twice and 400 minutes without a goal is sportingly criminal.

Archived