Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Concerned and Disturbed

Forget where we are in the league, forget what's happened to this club over the past few years. Forget the fact we've got no money, forget the fact we aren't the force we once were. Forget that we are creating lots of chances but aren't scoring, forget everything. The one thing I can't ever forget is the partnership of Dion Dublin and Mark de Vries. Never in my life have I been so disgusted with the team sheet as I was on saturday, it ranks up there with the Akinbiyi and Benjamin partnership in the premiership we regularly used to see.

Now I know Elvis is god awful, but where was Hume? I'd even rather us play de Vries through the middle with Smith and Sylla joining him than Dion up there. How as a manager can you legislate for that? Levein can give every excuse under the sun, but I won't ever roll over for that. I have believed in the majority of what Levein has said and done so far but if he thinks he can get away with that, he can bollocks! How on earth he could sit there an hour before kick-off with a positive attitude with those two upfront i'll never know. If he seriously thought we could go there and win with that team then he's not playing with a full deck at all. It was crying out for long ball all the while, which is food and drink for a team like Burnley who encourage opposition to go that route.

It could be a blessing in disguise because now atleast Levein will go out and get another striker. The problem is, it appears that when Levein signs strikers it's a lottery as to what they are like. I suppose it's like that for all clubs but with Levein he can spot a decent defender from a mile off but strikers he wouldn't know a good one if it hit him on the bonnet. Something needs to be done and fast because we won't improve at all unless we can score some goals and on a consistent basis.

There aren't any players in this squad that we can rely on a regular basis to score us goals and that's horrifying, teams who haven't got one or two players capable of scoring goals will always struggle and that will be our downfall. It doesn't help when Levein plays 2 defensive midfielders in the centre of midfield and has quite blatantly fallen out with one of our other midfielders which can't be good for morale. It's all looking abit scary at the minute and I know a few wins can change it, but there's too many if's and but's that never get resolved at this club and we are going round in circles.

I am starting to think this club is a poisoned chalice and we've got to put up with this shower of shit until it runs it course. Levein is a good manager and I don't want the club to give up on him yet, but for **** sake we are the 3rd lowest scorers in the league and even the mighty Brighton have scored more than us.

Us and Derby are really in the shit and one of us will go down i'm sure of it. You've got to love the Midlands!

Forget where we are in the league, forget what's happened to this club over the past few years. Forget the fact we've got no money, forget the fact we aren't the force we once were. Forget that we are creating lots of chances but aren't scoring, forget everything. The one thing I can't ever forget is the partnership of Dion Dublin and Mark de Vries. Never in my life have I been so disgusted with the team sheet as I was on saturday, it ranks up there with the Akinbiyi and Benjamin partnership in the premiership we regularly used to see.

Now I know Elvis is god awful, but where was Hume? I'd even rather us play de Vries through the middle with Smith and Sylla joining him than Dion up there. How as a manager can you legislate for that? Levein can give every excuse under the sun, but I won't ever roll over for that. I have believed in the majority of what Levein has said and done so far but if he thinks he can get away with that, he can bollocks! How on earth he could sit there an hour before kick-off with a positive attitude with those two upfront i'll never know. If he seriously thought we could go there and win with that team then he's not playing with a full deck at all. It was crying out for long ball all the while, which is food and drink for a team like Burnley who encourage opposition to go that route.

It could be a blessing in disguise because now atleast Levein will go out and get another striker. The problem is, it appears that when Levein signs strikers it's a lottery as to what they are like. I suppose it's like that for all clubs but with Levein he can spot a decent defender from a mile off but strikers he wouldn't know a good one if it hit him on the bonnet. Something needs to be done and fast because we won't improve at all unless we can score some goals and on a consistent basis.

There aren't any players in this squad that we can rely on a regular basis to score us goals and that's horrifying, teams who haven't got one or two players capable of scoring goals will always struggle and that will be our downfall. It doesn't help when Levein plays 2 defensive midfielders in the centre of midfield and has quite blatantly fallen out with one of our other midfielders which can't be good for morale. It's all looking abit scary at the minute and I know a few wins can change it, but there's too many if's and but's that never get resolved at this club and we are going round in circles.

I am starting to think this club is a poisoned chalice and we've got to put up with this shower of shit until it runs it course. Levein is a good manager and I don't want the club to give up on him yet, but for **** sake we are the 3rd lowest scorers in the league and even the mighty Brighton have scored more than us.

Us and Derby are really in the shit and one of us will go down i'm sure of it. You've got to love the Midlands!

I must admit I couldn't belive my eyes when I saw the team, but I don't think dion was THAT bad, De Vries had a nightmare though. Stupid playing Dion up front in most games in this league, we need some pace.

Well it does just come back to the fact we need a new face, I have no idea what dropping hume was all about, not to mention bringing Hammond on again! ( after that awful display against Southampton)

Hopefully Levein has learnt from this, although I find myself saying that after most games.

When I said drop Hammond I did not mean keep Dubs in the team!

Relegation zone in 4 games Rick, were playing four teams who can actually score goals.

Wasn't Hume involved in international action, hence him not being used?

Is that the reason? That's disgusting really. Levein goes on about Hume not being match fit when he came here, but playing football gets you fitter and with him scoring aswell you'd think he'd be more dangerous than 'Pele' and Dublin. Not even on the bench, disturbing. Very disturbing.

Got back on the Friday I think. I'd prefere a Jet Lagged hume to Hammond.

Same here, and yes Ric, I agree, but we aren't the manager, and we don't know what state Hume was in on Saturday morning.

It was only Luxembourg, just a few hours away from us. But he might well of been carrying a knock, but if it was purely down to his involvement in a match on the wednesday then i'd be disgusted.

I'm considering changing my nickname to Disturbed About Leicester until we start turning things round.

I suppose CL thought he would not risk a jet lagged Hume and save him for tuesday!!

Yeah, wouldnt want to ware him out. somebody needs to keep the bench warm now the cold nights are drawing in.

Burnley was a must win really with the nightmare fixtures we have coming up could be looking at six straight defeats in all comps. and if that happens we are out of the cup and in the relegation zone :-(.

So saving Hume for tuesday was a bit silly

Yeah, wouldnt want to ware him out. somebody needs to keep the bench warm now the cold nights are drawing in.

Burnley was a must win really with the nightmare fixtures we have coming up could be looking at six straight defeats in all comps. and if that happens we are out of the cup and in the relegation zone :-(.

So saving Hume for tuesday was a bit silly

Yeah, wouldnt want to ware him out. somebody needs to keep the bench warm now the cold nights are drawing in. :D:D

Let's hope he does play and scores, it's a testing time for City, if we don't begin to score and win we could be in trouble. Even more so with a wait till january for new blood!!!

Hume was out for 2 reasons ya plonkers both good reasons as well

A jet lagged player comes back plays x number of mins pulls up with a hammy misses 4 weeks what do we the fans do........... moan why did he play a player that was tired blah blah blah

and the other reason he worked with the players(that were not away) for 2 weeks working on things he wanted to try and to see happen in a game....whats the point of training players for 2 weeks on set things then going and using a player from the start that has not taken part in these training sessions :S

but having said all that why the hell he didnt see a spot for him on the bench is a little odd

i would have thought the last 15-20 mins of that game were taylor made for humey

Hume was out for 2 reasons ya plonkers both good reasons as well

A jet lagged player comes back plays x number of mins pulls up with a hammy misses 4 weeks what do we the fans do........... moan why did he play a player that was tired blah blah blah

and the other reason he worked with the players(that were not away) for 2 weeks working on things he wanted to try and to see happen in a game....whats the point of training players for 2 weeks on set things then going and using a player from the start that has not taken part in these training sessions :S

but having said all that why the hell he didnt see a spot for him on the bench is a little odd

i would have thought the last 15-20 mins of that game were taylor made for humey

How can you be jet lagged from ****in Luxembourg? It's about 3 hours away on the plane. He might have played for Canada on wednesday but it was played in europe and not Canada!

How can you be jet lagged from ****in Luxembourg? It's about 3 hours away on the plane. He might have played for Canada on wednesday but it was played in europe and not Canada!

3 hours?... more like 1 hour mate ;).. Jet-lag is not an excuse as you point out

3 hours?... more like 1 hour mate ;).. Jet-lag is not an excuse as you point out

People assume just because he played for Canada he must be jet lagged. Levein made a huge mistake on saturday and there's no excuse for it. If Hume doesn't start on tuesday then i'll be losing faith drastically.

I'm disturbed with Leicester at the minute and i've been one of Levein's biggest believers.

People assume just because he played for Canada he must be jet lagged. Levein made a huge mistake on saturday and there's no excuse for it. If Hume doesn't start on tuesday then i'll be losing faith drastically.

I'm disturbed with Leicester at the minute and i've been one of Levein's biggest believers.

According to reports, Hume said he was 'alittle tired' when he got back, and that peeed CL off, so he didn't even bother to put him on the bench!!

My source is my brother, he is usually a reliable source, he said he read it in one of the tabloids!!

According to reports, Hume said he was 'alittle tired' when he got back, and that peeed CL off, so he didn't even bother to put him on the bench!!

My source is my brother, he is usually a reliable source, he said he read it in one of the tabloids!!

Another rumour is that Hume is vastly unhappy at Leicester and wants a move back to Tranmere on loan. It was said at the time that Hume didn't really want to move from Tranmere as his baby is ill and he didn't want to be apart from them. He has just bought a house in Loughborough so I hope he's settled now and we can get the best out of him.

You're living in some sort of dream world mate.

He must be if he thinks there is ANY logical footballing reason for playing them two up front togther.

He must of had a good reason? ? ? ? You'll stick with him and never question him???? We lost that game mate. So It doesnt matter what his reasons were he shouldnt of done it.

In which case, well done Levein. Can't fault him for that. Although, I'd probably take this explanation with a pinch of salt until otherwise. WHilst your brother may be reliable, the tabloid he read it from may not be.

He must be if he thinks there is ANY logical footballing reason for playing them two up front togther.

He must of had a good reason? ? ? ? You'll stick with him and never question him???? We lost that game mate. So It doesnt matter what his reasons were he shouldnt of done it.

You think my opinion is crap but actually, YOU are in the minority. I never said that i liked De Vries up front with Dion. I said that 'he must have a reason why'. Levein has done well for us! He's signed good young players and whether you like it or not, Levein is here to stay! You never read what i say! I have NEVER said i would never question him! I said he's done good for us and i'm sticking by him! Can't you read?!

WHAAAAAT? What improvement have we seen in results? Same shit different day tbh!

Look at the screen. Read each word. Running from left of the screen to the right. Out of those words a sentence will appear! ARE YOU ALL BLIND?! I NEVER said there has been an improvement in results! I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT! Why are you making things up!? You must have a really boring life!

Look at the screen. Read each word. Running from left of the screen to the right. Out of those words a sentence will appear! ARE YOU ALL BLIND?! I NEVER said there has been an improvement in results! I HAVE NEVER SAID THAT! Why are you making things up!? You must have a really boring life!

So how has he done well then? You said he's done well, what has he done well?

Aww do you like his glasses or something?

Surely results = doing well or is that just me?

So how has he done well then? You said he's done well, what has he done well?

Aww do you like his glasses or something?

Surely results = doing well or is that just me?

Results is only one aspect of it. He's improved the squad by a massive amount. Have you forgot how things were under Micky?! Think back to that and you might realise that Levein has improved things. So if we get rid of Levein, do you think the new manager would get us into the top 6! He would have a much easier job than Levein. He wouldn't have all those grandads to get rid of like Levein had to. Our results haven't got worse under Levein but he's sorted the wage bill, signed some young good players and got rid of the shit.

Archived