Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
shade

Second chance modbros?

I missed the whole conversation of what Shade said, but I think I saw the initial post and thought I'm not touching that I'll let someone else take the bullet lol I've been banned enough for arguing.

Anyone wanna PM me a summary so I know what kind of person he is though much appreciated lol I'm curious

• Haha 1

On 23/01/2022 at 13:25, Facecloth said:

I missed the whole conversation of what Shade said, but I think I saw the initial post and thought I'm not touching that I'll let someone else take the bullet lol I've been banned enough for arguing.

Anyone wanna PM me a summary so I know what kind of person he is though much appreciated lol I'm curious

Did you get a PM from anyone? 

7 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Did you get a PM from anyone? 

I got one from the man himself. I've not had chance to go back to him yet. Not sure whether to buy how innocently he claims to have put his point across, but there we go. I get the impression you were involved in the conversation?

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I got one from the man himself. I've not had chance to go back to him yet. Not sure whether to buy how innocently he claims to have put his point across, but there we go. I get the impression you were involved in the conversation?

I was indeed. Yes I challenged the 'I'm going to post something really homophobic and then claim it wasn't homophobic' post lol

If you liken it to the 'I'm not anti vax but I'm actually really anti vax and that's why I haven't had it myself and continually post anti vax bullshit' you'll see it was in the same vein :thumbup:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Facecloth said:

My post is exactly as it happened mate, including going in too hard with the opening post and misjudging the tone of the thread lol.

18 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I was indeed. Yes I challenged the 'I'm going to post something really homophobic and then claim it wasn't homophobic' post lol

If you liken it to the 'I'm not anti vax but I'm actually really anti vax and that's why I haven't had it myself and continually post anti vax bullshit' you'll see it was in the same vein :thumbup:

As I've explained numerous times but it's being wilfully ignored, I'm not anti vax. I have had every single required vaccination up until I was 40 years old, my children have had all their vaccinations. My wife has had the covid vaccination, my parents and my brother have all had it. I made the personal choice that I didn't want it after careful consideration. The reason I post against the vaccine narrative is because I don't like the demonisation of people that haven't had it, I'm concerned there may be long term implications of it, I don't like vaccine passports or mandates. Basically I'm trying to do my little bit to stop society becoming like this...

Edited by shade
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, shade said:

My post is exactly as it happened mate, including going in too hard with the opening post and misjudging the tone of the thread lol.

If I'm homophobic (a very close family member is gay) then you're literally claiming that a scientific finding can be homophobic.

As I've explained numerous times but it's being wilfully ignored, I'm not anti vax. I have had every single required vaccination up until I was 40 years old, my children have had all their vaccinations. My wife has had the covid vaccination, my parents and my brother have all had it. I made the personal choice that I didn't want it after careful consideration. The reason I post against the vaccine narrative is because I don't like the demonisation of people that haven't had it, I'm concerned there may be long term implications of it, I don't like vaccine passports or mandates. Basically I'm trying to do my little bit to stop society becoming like this...

I think you're in danger of a full ban posting this in here. I suggest if you want to carry it on you PM Debs of she's up for a debate, but clearly the forum owners don't want that debate on the public forum.

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I think you're in danger of a full ban posting this in here. I suggest if you want to carry it on you PM Debs of she's up for a debate, but clearly the forum owners don't want that debate on the public forum.

No it's not a discussion I'm interested in re-treading to be honest.

I might be wrong here, but I would think that the ban had far more to do with the second thread than the vaccine discussion, the Covid stuff was probably pushing the mods to the limit though! 

As far as I'm aware the ban came pretty quickly after the second discussion and it was all removed. 

The mods will let us all get away with so much, but there comes a point where it's easier to ban someone rather than having to follow their every post round the forum.

As I've said previously though this is not really the place for this discussion, so I'm saying no more before I get banned too :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I might be wrong here, but I would think that the ban had far more to do with the second thread than the vaccine discussion, the Covid stuff was probably pushing the mods to the limit though! 

As far as I'm aware the ban came pretty quickly after the second discussion and it was all removed. 

The mods will let us all get away with so much, but there comes a point where it's easier to ban someone rather than having to follow their every post round the forum.

As I've said previously though this is not really the place for this discussion, so I'm saying no more before I get banned too :)

Thanks for that deb, they were the only two threads I posted in so it must have been them, but I think it's more for my views on the vaccine to be honest, admittedly I'm in a minority group with them I guess.

My posts have been removed tonight and my ability to respond has been removed again. Even I'm not deluded enough to not realise when I'm beaten lol. I'll see you around in the LCFC section of the chat, where my opinions are definitely not as unorthodox 😂

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Depends who you are. The rules apply to some folk, but not to others. Its a privately owned community and so it is what it is, but let's not pretend there's a limit and its the same for everyone.

I think a lot of the disillusionment and queries in this part of the forum arise as a result of posters expecting fairness, or for the rules to be enforced equally across the board. They aren't and that is obvious. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Depends who you are. The rules apply to some folk, but not to others. Its a privately owned community and so it is what it is, but let's not pretend there's a limit and its the same for everyone.

I think a lot of the disillusionment and queries in this part of the forum arise as a result of posters expecting fairness, or for the rules to be enforced equally across the board. They aren't and that is obvious. 

I think when you repeatedly cross the boundaries, your card becomes marked. Then you get banned for even getting near the boundary. Unfortunately at that point you feel victimised. In your case fella, you got away with murder in here for years and now it seems you’re, less well thought of.

Basically you were always a twat (and I mean that somewhat affectionately) but you are just not as loveable anymore.

Why anyone gives a shit about a ban is beyond me.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Strokes said:

I think when you repeatedly cross the boundaries, your card becomes marked. Then you get banned for even getting near the boundary. Unfortunately at that point you feel victimised. In your case fella, you got away with murder in here for years and now it seems you’re, less well thought of.

Basically you were always a twat (and I mean that somewhat affectionately) but you are just not as loveable anymore.

Why anyone gives a shit about a ban is beyond me.

Please tell me you’ve never worked in palliative care :D

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Strokes said:

... and now it seems you’re, less well thought of.

I don't think that is true.

I remember making someone look quite silly and having a lot of posts immediately removed, to remove all evidence; and then suddenly an unannounced ban. My sin was evidently making a bit of a fool of someone who I suspect had the ear of the ownership of the site.

I think I'm perceived as a threat, when I'm definitely not. Possibly a bit of jealousy as well. A large element of having out-argued and out-smarted some people who take it far too personally, so report every post I make. And an element of it being easier to ban me, than to ban those who see it as good sport to abuse me. 

But we can stick with your narrative that I'm a fading force and people just don't rate me (and so ban me as a result ?!?!), if it helps you feel right. I'm all for empowerment! You go for it! Believe, than achieve. Or whatever. But at least believe!

I've hit the nail on the head in this thread already and called it 100% accurately. There are no 'rules'; just those liked (forum guidelines do not apply) and those disliked arbitrarily (ban upon any report from a forum-pet). Its not sad, its not anything - its just what it is. 

If I had a club, I'd probably only have people I liked in it as well; but I certainly wouldn't only have people that agreed with me in it, since I despise echo chambers.