Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Sly

The Running Thread (formerly How fast can you run a 5k?)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Some of you guys seem to be doing 40 to 60K a week or more

I've been doing well for my standards over the last 6 months at approx 20K a week. 

 

How do you fit it all in? Is it simply 4-5+ days a week running? Is every run a 'long' run? Or are you doing HM or more each week? 

Edited by Les-TA-Jon
Posted
11 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Some of you guys seem to be doing 40 to 60K a week or more

I've been doing well for my standards over the last 6 months at approx 20K a week. 

 

How do you fit it all in? Is it simply 4-5+ days a week running? Is every run a 'long' run? Or are you doing HM or more each week? 

I do around the 20k mark by doing 3x20 minutes in the gym through the week, then an 'outside weekend run' which is usually around 30-40 minutes.

If I didn't do weights and just did running in the gym I recon I could double the distance...but I would also not enjoy my time there as much lol

Posted
1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Some of you guys seem to be doing 40 to 60K a week or more

I've been doing well for my standards over the last 6 months at approx 20K a week. 

 

How do you fit it all in? Is it simply 4-5+ days a week running? Is every run a 'long' run? Or are you doing HM or more each week? 

Personally I run 7 days/week. 2 hard, 1 long, 4 easy.

 

Long run is at the weekend when I have more time, but Mon-Fri is during my lunch hour so it doesn't interrupt parenting!

 

Tend to average 8 miles(ish)/day and aim to hit or get close to 60 miles/week.

 

I genuinely enjoy it so it's not difficult going out every day, plus the majority of it is run at an easy pace which is nice.

  • Like 1
Posted
2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Personally I run 7 days/week. 2 hard, 1 long, 4 easy.

 

Long run is at the weekend when I have more time, but Mon-Fri is during my lunch hour so it doesn't interrupt parenting!

 

Tend to average 8 miles(ish)/day and aim to hit or get close to 60 miles/week.

 

I genuinely enjoy it so it's not difficult going out every day, plus the majority of it is run at an easy pace which is nice.

Bloody hell. How long have you been running for? How much training does it take to be able to run this high a volume, with literally zero rest? 

Posted

4 times a week - 1 speed 2 easy 1 long. Rest and recovery are key. I’m currently not training for anything so mileage sits around 20 miles a week. Once my training kicks in for marathon followed by an ultra I’ll be aiming for 30-40 miles a week

Posted
5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Some of you guys seem to be doing 40 to 60K a week or more

I've been doing well for my standards over the last 6 months at approx 20K a week. 

 

How do you fit it all in? Is it simply 4-5+ days a week running? Is every run a 'long' run? Or are you doing HM or more each week? 

5:50am alarm for 5K most week days before work, then a long run Sunday anywhere between 15 - 25k.

 

Wish I could up my mileage more than that but probably an impossible task with a 9 to 5 and type 1 diabetes

Posted
5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Some of you guys seem to be doing 40 to 60K a week or more

I've been doing well for my standards over the last 6 months at approx 20K a week. 

 

How do you fit it all in? Is it simply 4-5+ days a week running? Is every run a 'long' run? Or are you doing HM or more each week? 

Depends on personal circumstances tbh. When you're single and work shifts like me it means you can usually go either before or after work as well as days off. Has allowed me to average a min of 10k a day for about 6 months now. Also frankly has given me something to do other than be bored outside of work.

 

Always at least one long run a week when not in a training plan like I am now, otherwise it's intervals and easy runs. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...