Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

Paul Appiah

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd expect Brunt or Nelson to go on loan this season, so even with Godsmark-Ford and Wilson-Brown likely to step up to the U23's, this Appiah looks like he'd be worth looking at for a year.

Our academy is sounding increasingly middle class 😂

Edited by FoxesWalk

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

You'd expect Brunt or Nelson to go on loan this season, so even with Godsmark-Ford and Wilson-Brown likely to step up to the U23's, this Appiah looks like he'd be worth looking at for a year.

It’s all changed now which I guess could be an issue as it’s no longer u23s it’s back to u21s I’m sure I heard which in turn could have a knock on effect with some of the older players in the development squad (or am I reading to much into it)

28 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That was years ago! We can't keep living off that, it was a different generation of players.

We signed Bertrand more recently in a similar way.

This generation of Villa players has a few really good ones coming through. It wouldn't be much of a surprise if one or two slipped through the net as they look to move players on to create room for the next generation making the step up from their U15s, U16s, U18s, etc.

2 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That was years ago! We can't keep living off that, it was a different generation of players.

We signed Bertrand more recently in a similar way.

....Bertrand was looking for a last contract, he found us and we were naive enough to take the risk!!!

Albrighton at the time was nowhere near his peak when he was released by Villa.

If memory serves me right, he is a Villa supporter and that must have been hard for him to take at the time, leaving your club. He continues to fight his way back into the team, every time you think he is on his way out.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.