Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Hume and Smith replacements

I think it's obvious who CL will bring in for the two, MDV and Hamill but who would you like to see given their chance?

i think he'll probably go for the two you said. though he might put hughes on the left, he's done it before, and he may want to give him some action if he's ready.

Chambo and Tiatto are the two i'd like to be seen given chance.

but i'm sure it'll be Mdv up front and i can see Tiatto left wing for some reason

the reason is that he has got experience of laying premiership, hasn't been playing much over the past few weeks, it all just seems to fit really.

Chambo and Tiatto are the two i'd like to be seen given chance.

but i'm sure it'll be Mdv up front and i can see Tiatto left wing for some reason

the reason is that he has got experience of laying premiership, hasn't been playing much over the past few weeks, it all just seems to fit really.

I sure hope you're not right about Tiatto. He has had several opportunities to come in from the fringe but always seems to blow them. I'm convinced the reason he fouls so often is not just passion (lots of our players show passion), it's to cover up his limitations.

He wants to clatter people (when it's unnecessary) but often fails to quite get into position to either clatter them fairly or steer them away from danger. Watford showed he hasn't learned at all (unlike McCarthy). Joey and Kisnorbo might have their critics but they don't put the team under pressure by conceding endless unnecessary free kicks.

As a result I just can't see any long term future here for Tiatto (especially coupled with the fact he's forever likely to get sent off and would never get near the strongest team).

Chambers is a must to my mind for lots of reasons but the cases for starting him and leaving him on the bench are evenly balanced. I'd start with him - but I've been wrong. I'd be fairly happy with either scenario but have given my reasons elsewhere for letting him start.

I sure hope you're not right about Tiatto. He has had several opportunities to come in from the fringe but always seems to blow them. I'm convinced the reason he fouls so often is not just passion (lots of our players show passion), it's to cover up his limitations.

He wants to clatter people (when it's unnecessary) but often fails to quite get into position to either clatter them fairly or steer them away from danger. Watford showed he hasn't learned at all (unlike McCarthy). Joey and Kisnorbo might have their critics but they don't put the team under pressure by conceding endless unnecessary free kicks.

As a result I just can't see any long term future here for Tiatto (especially coupled with the fact he's forever likely to get sent off and would never get near the strongest team).

Chambers is a must to my mind for lots of reasons but the cases for starting him and leaving him on the bench are evenly balanced. I'd start with him - but I've been wrong. I'd be fairly happy with either scenario but have given my reasons elsewhere for letting him start.

I've gotta say your pretty much right in what you are sayin but i can just see Levein playin Tiatto in this one because of how long he hasn't played for and the expereince. I'd love to see Chambo play as well because i know what he can do, but you know what Cl is like with Mdv :rolleyes:

As a result I just can't see any long term future here for Tiatto

You know, its amazing how things change. About 12-14 months ago, tiatto was our "leader", made captain and the driving force with his 100% commitment and passion, and one of few capable of playing prem football.

Since then, hes turned to average, whilst another man city signing (macarthy) has blossomed into a future leader of a team, maybe even prem team, certainly leads at the back for now.

Theres a few good reasons why chambo starting is good, they dont know him, so his pace would catch em off guard perhaps, but i think his lack of big match occassion would overwhelm him somewhat. Certainly a terrific sub to have, and one i`d certainly use whatever the score.

You know, its amazing how things change. About 12-14 months ago, tiatto was our "leader", made captain and the driving force with his 100% commitment and passion, and one of few capable of playing prem football.

Since then, hes turned to average, whilst another man city signing (macarthy) has blossomed into a future leader of a team, maybe even prem team, certainly leads at the back for now.

Theres a few good reasons why chambo starting is good, they dont know him, so his pace would catch em off guard perhaps, but i think his lack of big match occassion would overwhelm him somewhat. Certainly a terrific sub to have, and one i`d certainly use whatever the score.

Sometimes you chat bob, but this time youu've made a good post everything you've said is true.

I actually don't think Chambo should play. A few reasons -

- He hasn't scored for the last 4-5 Reserves games he's played in

- People mention his pace - when i've watched him i've hardly ever seen him use it?

- He hasn't played for England or our Reserves/Academy for a good few weeks now anyway, could be injured?

Maybe as a sub he'd be useful but still he's nowhere near ready in my opinion, and i'm all for youngsters being thrown in early.

Oh yeah crap.. i remember hearing at school the other day that he was going for a scan on his knee

Chambo wont be playing.

Hope it's nothing serious. Wesolowski's injury was bad enough for a 16 year old. We don't want another one crocked.

On the subject of replacements, I don't think Levein will be in the mood to play many left-sided Eire U-21's on Wednesday either! :huh:;)

Hope it's nothing serious. Wesolowski's injury was bad enough for a 16 year old. We don't want another one crocked.

On the subject of replacements, I don't think Levein will be in the mood to play many left-sided Eire U-21's on Wednesday either! :huh:;)

Sounds pretty conclusive then. Your ideas on the team are shaping up nicely and it'll be two falls, two submissions or a knockout. Hope none of you are expecting a repeat of Saturday because in my view you'll find it more fun banging your head on a concrete post than trying to spot the City shot in Bolton. They could spare everyone a lot of misery by settling for penalties straight away and letting everyone go home.

Oh yeah crap.. i remember hearing at school the other day that he was going for a scan on his knee

Chambo wont be playing.

yeh chambers has just gone for a scan, he got one straight away.

they wouldn't give one to my brother! they said to wait for a week or so to see if it dies down.favouritism hey to other team members.

no, chambers got his scan because england wanted to know about it. it's a different matter when england is involved obviously

Sounds pretty conclusive then. Your ideas on the team are shaping up nicely and it'll be two falls, two submissions or a knockout. Hope none of you are expecting a repeat of Saturday because in my view you'll find it more fun banging your head on a concrete post than trying to spot the City shot in Bolton. They could spare everyone a lot of misery by settling for penalties straight away and letting everyone go home.

They're not my ideas, but some Scottish blokes. I'm just reading the tea leaves. :)

I'd play Sheehan. If it's a game of few chances and we get a free-kick 25 yards out, him or Joey will probably be our best bets to score all night.

I actually don't think Chambo should play. A few reasons -

- He hasn't scored for the last 4-5 Reserves games he's played in

- People mention his pace - when i've watched him i've hardly ever seen him use it?

- He hasn't played for England or our Reserves/Academy for a good few weeks now anyway, could be injured?

Maybe as a sub he'd be useful but still he's nowhere near ready in my opinion, and i'm all for youngsters being thrown in early.

Plus it'll be against the best opposition we've played this season, not really where you want a 16 year old being thrown in in my opinion.

MDV and Elvis will do alreet, just won't score.

We might go for 4-5-1 ala Charlton last year?

I hope Arsenal lose on Tuesday so Smith can play, but if not bring in Hughes and shove him on the left. Not a big fan of Hamill or Tiatto ( :mad: )

Archived