Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Is hume the new dickov

hume is never gonna live up to diko's standards

It will be a hard achievement but Hume is class and still very young so he does have the talent and time to do it. Saturday's performance showed how clinical he is and i'd even say he was only in 3rd gear, he has more in his locker. Tranmere fans said he has that remarkable way of turning games in an instant, which he did on saturday.

He doesn't really remind me of anyone at the minute, then i again ihave only been to 1 match where he started

I shouldn't feel guilty. He hasn't started many. Can't believe we've given such a good player a bit part for so long. There's some wouldn't blame Levein though. He's probably a bit young yet!. :whistle:

I shouldn't feel guilty. He hasn't started many. Can't believe we've given such a good player a bit part for so long. There's some wouldn't blame Levein though. He's probably a bit young yet!. :whistle:

Thrac, do you still believe Humey isn't a striker? :thumbup: He's looking clinical to me matey, let's hope it continues.

Thrac, do you still believe Humey isn't a striker? :thumbup: He's looking clinical to me matey, let's hope it continues.

i'd say he's more Rooney-esque, playing just off the main striker with all the room and freedom he needs to cause as much havoc as possible. He'll score golas but not lots ( 10-12 like rooney) and the work he does for the team and setting up goals is very similar IMO.

i'd say he's more Rooney-esque, playing just off the main striker with all the room and freedom he needs to cause as much havoc as possible. He'll score golas but not lots ( 10-12 like rooney) and the work he does for the team and setting up goals is very similar IMO.

I'd say what the f**k are you lot talking about to be fair.

Paul Dickov was a good striker for us I will give credit to the bloke, but lets be honest.. he was never really that good, he was nothing before we signed him and he is nothing at Blackburn now.

Ian Humes potential reaches limits beyond that of a mediocre striker like Paul Dickov.

I'd say what the f**k are you lot talking about to be fair.

Paul Dickov was a good striker for us I will give credit to the bloke, but lets be honest.. he was never really that good, he was nothing before we signed him and he is nothing at Blackburn now.

Ian Humes potential reaches limits beyond that of a mediocre striker like Paul Dickov.

So why did you quote me then?

It wasn't that I didn't think he was a striker, more that he was better coming from behind the leading man/men.

Hammond played principal striker against Sheffield and the two of em looked great - certainly the best pairing we've got.

At the time of my Hume-in-the-hole idea I couldn't see Levein leaving top scorer MDV out and this seemed the only way of keeping Hammond's pace and the aforementioned fixture in the side together. I always stressed that Hume should be in the team and, to me, Levein just invented reasons/excuses to leave him out.

Given the choice now between the three I'd have Hammond and Hume anyway, the evidence against Derby and Sheffield was conclusive). It really is time Leicester concentrated on speed and skill both in attack and defence.

"The Leicester Lads" might seem a fanciful concept but young Kisnorbo would appear a fixture, there's Weso to come, you know my thoughts on Stearman and Sheehan, Joey's playing like a kid with a new ball anyway...this is one impressive team in the making (if only Levein wouldn't bog the thing down with people who aren't good enough to be in it (like Nils (as left back), Dublin (as an atttacker), Tiatto (anywhere) plus probably MDV and Sylla as well.

It wasn't that I didn't think he was a striker, more that he was better coming from behind the leading man/men.

Hammond played principal striker against Sheffield and the two of em looked great - certainly the best pairing we've got.

At the time of my Hume-in-the-hole idea I couldn't see Levein leaving top scorer MDV out and this seemed the only way of keeping Hammond's pace and the aforementioned fixture in the side together. I always stressed that Hume should be in the team and, to me, Levein just invented reasons/excuses to leave him out.

Given the choice now between the three I'd have Hammond and Hume anyway, the evidence against Derby and Sheffield was conclusive). It really is time Leicester concentrated on speed and skill both in attack and defence.

"The Leicester Lads" might seem a fanciful concept but young Kisnorbo would appear a fixture, there's Weso to come, you know my thoughts on Stearman and Sheehan, Joey's playing like a kid with a new ball anyway...this is one impressive team in the making (if only Levein wouldn't bog the thing down with people who aren't good enough to be in it (like Nils (as left back), Dublin (as an atttacker), Tiatto (anywhere) plus probably MDV and Sylla as well.

Sylla was very good against Sheff U.

Then again what am I thinking his over 25 he must be S**TE

"Is Hume the new Dickov?"

Is Dickov the old Hume then? Discuss.

Different types of player to me. Dickov was great with his back to the defender, luring him into free kicks/penalties and, just when he got frustrated turning him and clipping in a goal before the guy blinked.

Hume is more front on. Likes running at people or across people and using his quick feet to make an opening. He is well capable of scoring from close range like Dickov but looks far more threatening than Dickov from distance.

Both are willing to chase lost causes. Both were good at linking play but Hume probably links from a wider range of positions. Both are players of great energy but Hume has outstanidn g aerial ability for one so small.

Archived