Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Really nice pod, was a fitting "last" one for Jake. For the show being just a few mates chatting shit, he has always done a brilliant job producing it to such a professional standard. 

 

Do continue to be in awe of the physical challenges Jord puts himself through 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Sad to hear that Jake is leaving but you just know it will be in safe hands with the 3 who are left. Godders is a great replacement imo. 
 

It’s by far the best LCFC podcast out and I genuinely look forward to when a new episode drops. Keep up the good work fellas. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Posted
On 08/04/2026 at 21:44, orangecity23 said:

Since it popped up in my Youtube recs after listening to Bob Marley, have some Eddy Grant as well

 

League one Revenue (fka Electric Avenue)

[Intro]
Oi
Oi

[Verse 1]
Now in the stands, there is silence
Defence got more leak than my tap
Nobody up front looks like scoring
But we'll still give the lads a good clap, oh no

 

[Chorus]
We gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher
Oh, we gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher

 

[Verse 2]
Bought no kind of striker
Can't afford a transfer fee
Just left with Ayew and Daka
and ignored Ollie MacBurnie, good God

[Chorus]


We gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher
Oh, we gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher

 

[Interlude]
Oh, no
Oh, no
Oh, no
Oh, no
Oh, Lord

[Chorus]
We gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher
Oh, we gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher

 

[Verse 3]
We used to play Manchester City
Now we play Wimbledon
And near the Christmas Vacation
The club don't pay everyone, oh no

 

[Chorus]
We gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher
Oh, we gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher

 

[Bridge]
Ho, out the Premier League
Out the Premier League
Out the Championship
Out into the shite

[Chorus]
We gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher
Oh, we gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher

[Bridge]
out the Premier League
Out the Premier League
Out the Championship
Out to Huddersfield Town

[Chorus]
Ho, We gonna drop down to League 1 revenue
And debts are getting higher
Oh, we gonna drop down to League 1 revenue (oh yeah)
And debts are getting higher

[Outro]
Spend it all on Seagrave (All our revenue)
Spent it on floodlights (All our revenue)
Gave a bunch to Glover (All our revenue)
Bought a load of shite (All our revenue)

@orangecity23

 

  • Thanks 1
Posted
3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Recording tomorrow night, going to do it live from Fulham U21s

At least the contention ratio for the cell masts will be low for the internet connection! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Recording tomorrow night, going to do it live from Fulham U21s

Keep your voices down lads, anything above a whisper might drown out all that positive atmosphere that will be there without any of the "toxic" fans attending. lol

  • Haha 1
Posted

As much as I love the pod and am invested in the new era post-Jake, I have to say, I really hate Leicester Fiesta 😂 

 

On this weeks pod: Jord is proper coming into his own with being the anchor and it was a shame Godders’ internet turned him into Norman Collier (one for the kids there) as he was making some really good points. Ric was just being Ric and we love him for it 😁

  • Haha 3
Posted

Just burst out laughing in the office to “it’s like picking up dog shit, tipping it out of the bag, picking it up with another bag and still getting shit on your fingers” 😂.

  • Haha 1
Posted
38 minutes ago, Dandy king said:

I've listened to this podcast since the beginning but I'm going to stop listening as it depresses the living **** out of me. Cheers lads 

Don't blame you mate, good to recognise when something is making you feel worse and step away. We do have plans to start doing less current stuff and more nostalgic stuff as we (me mostly) are sick of having to talk about how bad we are but it can't be dressed up any other way. 

 

Thanks for listening over the last 4 years, appreciate it.

 

 

  • Like 1
Posted
25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't blame you mate, good to recognise when something is making you feel worse and step away. We do have plans to start doing less current stuff and more nostalgic stuff as we (me mostly) are sick of having to talk about how bad we are but it can't be dressed up any other way. 

 

Thanks for listening over the last 4 years, appreciate it.

 

 

Cheers Ric, no doubt I'll be back when the situation finally changes 👍

  • Thanks 1
Posted

A great first pod in the post Jake era.

 

I did laugh a bit too much at the Toby Carvery in a suit analogy but think that’s because I’ve probably done it after work before 🤦🏻‍♂️

  • Haha 1
Posted
13 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

A great first pod in the post Jake era.

 

I did laugh a bit too much at the Toby Carvery in a suit analogy but think that’s because I’ve probably done it after work before 🤦🏻‍♂️

Hahahahahaaaa I thoroughly enjoyed that little discussion 😂

  • Haha 1
Posted

Firstly I’ve really enjoyed the podcast over the years . It’s sad that Jake has gone but happy that you guys are still doing it! Appreciate the efforts you all put in. 
 

I do think that currently you are going in a bit too hard on Martin tbh.There’s a general mocking tone and an obsession with an alleged arrogance that reminds me of the hate Pearson got for having a similar self belief. Personally I don’t give a shit if he has some arrogance, nor did I care that Pearson had a spiky personality. There’s also this thought that his football is boring and that’s just not really fair. Enzo was tarred with the same brush and I just didn’t see it then and I don’t see it now. I also haven’t heard what systems people want to play instead. It’s like every critic has become a tactical wizard that knows the style of football that will enthrall the crowds AND win games. It’s become a stick to beat the team with whenever something goes wrong and as football is a sport where things will always go wrong (otherwise every game would end 0-0) there’s an opportunity to moan every game about boring football. 
 

Tbf as you guys did make it clear, it’s ultimately down to results. It’s absolutely clear they haven’t been where we would’ve hoped in these early days. If Martin gets wins, haters will quieten down a bit. I just think shouting at a new manager this early in, with toxic chants about him after he’s undertaken a massive squad overhaul, where they’ve successfully removed a lot of the older players (and tried to sell more) and where our youth players are playing regular football, isn’t particularly helpful. It would take a remarkable world class manager to turn this team from losers to winners straight away and we are not in a position to attract the very best managers to say the least.
 

I also think we have delusions of grandeur (sorry for the NP reference) about this team within our fanbase. We have some old experienced heads alongside some very inexperienced kids but ultimately whilst we should be closer to the top, our squad looks and feels to me like a very competitive league 1 squad, nothing more, nothing less. 
 

To make it clear, I don’t like Martin’s lack of focus on the goal keeper position, I also think his playing out from the back is way too risky at times and I wish he would reign it in a bit but I want to give him a fair chance and I do see a lot of good intention from him and the team. I was central and behind the manager’s area against Fulham u21’s and it looked very much like he has all of the playing team behind him. Lots of chat with his coaches & with the subs and lots of discussion and direction with those on the pitch. It seemed a motivated bunch and i didn’t see any dialled in performances out there.

Posted
24 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Firstly I’ve really enjoyed the podcast over the years . It’s sad that Jake has gone but happy that you guys are still doing it! Appreciate the efforts you all put in. 
 

I do think that currently you are going in a bit too hard on Martin tbh.There’s a general mocking tone and an obsession with an alleged arrogance that reminds me of the hate Pearson got for having a similar self belief. Personally I don’t give a shit if he has some arrogance, nor did I care that Pearson had a spiky personality. There’s also this thought that his football is boring and that’s just not really fair. Enzo was tarred with the same brush and I just didn’t see it then and I don’t see it now. I also haven’t heard what systems people want to play instead. It’s like every critic has become a tactical wizard that knows the style of football that will enthrall the crowds AND win games. It’s become a stick to beat the team with whenever something goes wrong and as football is a sport where things will always go wrong (otherwise every game would end 0-0) there’s an opportunity to moan every game about boring football. 
 

Tbf as you guys did make it clear, it’s ultimately down to results. It’s absolutely clear they haven’t been where we would’ve hoped in these early days. If Martin gets wins, haters will quieten down a bit. I just think shouting at a new manager this early in, with toxic chants about him after he’s undertaken a massive squad overhaul, where they’ve successfully removed a lot of the older players (and tried to sell more) and where our youth players are playing regular football, isn’t particularly helpful. It would take a remarkable world class manager to turn this team from losers to winners straight away and we are not in a position to attract the very best managers to say the least.
 

I also think we have delusions of grandeur (sorry for the NP reference) about this team within our fanbase. We have some old experienced heads alongside some very inexperienced kids but ultimately whilst we should be closer to the top, our squad looks and feels to me like a very competitive league 1 squad, nothing more, nothing less. 
 

To make it clear, I don’t like Martin’s lack of focus on the goal keeper position, I also think his playing out from the back is way too risky at times and I wish he would reign it in a bit but I want to give him a fair chance and I do see a lot of good intention from him and the team. I was central and behind the manager’s area against Fulham u21’s and it looked very much like he has all of the playing team behind him. Lots of chat with his coaches & with the subs and lots of discussion and direction with those on the pitch. It seemed a motivated bunch and i didn’t see any dialled in performances out there.

With the squad and ultimately wage bill, we should be winning every week, the level is absolutely shite!. Martin chooses to play a style that is very, very high risk for low reward. Every goal has to be near perfect, and one mistake puts the opposition in an excellent position. It's suicidal football, the decision not to sign a ball-playing keeper is odd! Signing McCarthy after working with him in the past is insanity. I like what he is doing to a degree, improving standards, playing the kids, etc., but the total arrogance to only play one way and the decision to bring back Faes, a man who hates us and the club, are major red flags. His record as a manager is poor, his PPG has never matched expectations and he needs to look at that and change something to improve, but he seems blind to his flaws.

  • Like 2
Posted
47 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Firstly I’ve really enjoyed the podcast over the years . It’s sad that Jake has gone but happy that you guys are still doing it! Appreciate the efforts you all put in. 
 

I do think that currently you are going in a bit too hard on Martin tbh.There’s a general mocking tone and an obsession with an alleged arrogance that reminds me of the hate Pearson got for having a similar self belief. Personally I don’t give a shit if he has some arrogance, nor did I care that Pearson had a spiky personality. There’s also this thought that his football is boring and that’s just not really fair. Enzo was tarred with the same brush and I just didn’t see it then and I don’t see it now. I also haven’t heard what systems people want to play instead. It’s like every critic has become a tactical wizard that knows the style of football that will enthrall the crowds AND win games. It’s become a stick to beat the team with whenever something goes wrong and as football is a sport where things will always go wrong (otherwise every game would end 0-0) there’s an opportunity to moan every game about boring football. 
 

Tbf as you guys did make it clear, it’s ultimately down to results. It’s absolutely clear they haven’t been where we would’ve hoped in these early days. If Martin gets wins, haters will quieten down a bit. I just think shouting at a new manager this early in, with toxic chants about him after he’s undertaken a massive squad overhaul, where they’ve successfully removed a lot of the older players (and tried to sell more) and where our youth players are playing regular football, isn’t particularly helpful. It would take a remarkable world class manager to turn this team from losers to winners straight away and we are not in a position to attract the very best managers to say the least.
 

I also think we have delusions of grandeur (sorry for the NP reference) about this team within our fanbase. We have some old experienced heads alongside some very inexperienced kids but ultimately whilst we should be closer to the top, our squad looks and feels to me like a very competitive league 1 squad, nothing more, nothing less. 
 

To make it clear, I don’t like Martin’s lack of focus on the goal keeper position, I also think his playing out from the back is way too risky at times and I wish he would reign it in a bit but I want to give him a fair chance and I do see a lot of good intention from him and the team. I was central and behind the manager’s area against Fulham u21’s and it looked very much like he has all of the playing team behind him. Lots of chat with his coaches & with the subs and lots of discussion and direction with those on the pitch. It seemed a motivated bunch and i didn’t see any dialled in performances out there.

Bottom line, the expectation is promotion and automatic at that as playoffs is a game of chance. Are we good enough for 90+ points with a manager who's record leaves a lot to be desired there? What you say holds some weight, there's a lot of upheaval and so it's not straight forward but that is what he needs to do and he's got by far the biggest budget at this level to do so and an academy far greater than anything in the top two divisions. 

 

On to our podcasts criticism of Martin, it is difficult for us to be anything more than honest. We predicted he'd end up here despite all the warning signs, it's seemed like destiny. But he is here now and he needs to win football matches which he is doing a very bad job so far at orchestrating. Do that and we will then be bang out of order if we continue to hammer him. 

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Bottom line, the expectation is promotion and automatic at that as playoffs is a game of chance. Are we good enough for 90+ points with a manager who's record leaves a lot to be desired there? What you say holds some weight, there's a lot of upheaval and so it's not straight forward but that is what he needs to do and he's got by far the biggest budget at this level to do so and an academy far greater than anything in the top two divisions. 

 

On to our podcasts criticism of Martin, it is difficult for us to be anything more than honest. We predicted he'd end up here despite all the warning signs, it's seemed like destiny. But he is here now and he needs to win football matches which he is doing a very bad job so far at orchestrating. Do that and we will then be bang out of order if we continue to hammer him. 

I just think he needs reasonable time. Starting from the standpoint of your shit until you prove us otherwise, in light of the massive squad upheaval is harsh, particularly when he’s doing one of the key things that everyone requested which is putting trust in and playing the kids. 
 

Whatever is his fate, and let’s be honest, virtually all management appointments end up with a sacking at some point, hating the guy for non footballing reasons (I’ve read and heard criticism of him from people because of his supposed confidence/arrogance, because he doesn’t have a military grade sensible haircut and because he wears fashionable clothes rather than the full Rowett LCFC merch look) is a bit odd and I wonder whether there’s an element of jealousy with some out there. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

With the squad and ultimately wage bill, we should be winning every week, the level is absolutely shite!. Martin chooses to play a style that is very, very high risk for low reward. Every goal has to be near perfect, and one mistake puts the opposition in an excellent position. It's suicidal football, the decision not to sign a ball-playing keeper is odd! Signing McCarthy after working with him in the past is insanity. I like what he is doing to a degree, improving standards, playing the kids, etc., but the total arrogance to only play one way and the decision to bring back Faes, a man who hates us and the club, are major red flags. His record as a manager is poor, his PPG has never matched expectations and he needs to look at that and change something to improve, but he seems blind to his flaws.

I don’t agree with the assessment of this squad. Half of them are untested academy products and half are ageing pros who have dropped to league 1 to get game time. Wages are irrelevant as proven last season! We have no one in our squad who is a cheat code at this level. Maybe one or two of the youngsters might be in a couple of years. 

 

I agree with the over the top risks playing out from the back and the flawed GK choices. He can’t change the latter now but hopefully the playing out from the back will become better as the players play and train more together.
 

I don’t get upset over Faes, if he’s the best choice at any given point, I don’t care about any of his perceived indiscretions. It’s his footballing ability thst I’m bothered with and he’s definitely not been great for us with the exception of the Enzo season.  
 

That standout season playing out from the back under Enzo is perhaps why he’s a good fit for Martin. He was in the team ultimately though because Okoli was injured (and had been poor prior to his injury), because Souttar has been really poor and because Kangasniemi obviously isn’t ready to start yet. 


 

Posted
1 hour ago, funkyrobot said:

I just think he needs reasonable time. Starting from the standpoint of your shit until you prove us otherwise, in light of the massive squad upheaval is harsh, particularly when he’s doing one of the key things that everyone requested which is putting trust in and playing the kids. 
 

Whatever is his fate, and let’s be honest, virtually all management appointments end up with a sacking at some point, hating the guy for non footballing reasons (I’ve read and heard criticism of him from people because of his supposed confidence/arrogance, because he doesn’t have a military grade sensible haircut and because he wears fashionable clothes rather than the full Rowett LCFC merch look) is a bit odd and I wonder whether there’s an element of jealousy with some out there. 

He's won 4 league games in 3 years pal

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...