Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Cruises. (No, not Tom’s family. The boats!)

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I hadn't considered a cruise until recently, but we have one booked for January 2024 in the Caribbean. I'm not the kind of person who likes sitting still for too long on holiday so the idea of somewhere different every day appealed to me. We sail from the Dominican Republic and have a day in each of St. Lucia, Barbados, Guadeloupe, Antigua and somewhere else I can't remember with only one sea day. We paid around EUR800 each for full board, premium drinks and gratuities included, in a balcony cabin. We booked with Costa as they seem to be about the only cruise line who will let you smoke on your balcony, hopefully the captain doesn't know anyone on any of the islands and fancies a sail close to the shore lol

Our first cruise (myself and OH not @grobyfox1990for clarity) was with Costa, only the one trip with them but we survived lol

Nice island choices.

If you're a Death in Paradise fan, it's filmed in Guadeloupe. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Finnegan said:

How has this thread got to page two without @leicsmac chipping in to talk about the absolutely devastating environmental impact of the cruise industry?

In all seriousness. They're absolutely vile. 

I know it's still pretty popular to stick your head in the sand, ignore climate change and tell people saying shit like this to stop ruining your fun and mind their own business but cruises really are the worst. And for what? A tacky resort that mostly just sails to other tacky resorts. 

I’m torn. On one hand I have nothing but disdain for everything cruising, on the other I worry this may prevent me being able to watch Below Deck in the future. I think ending the world is an acceptable trade off to having one with Captain Lee in it. 

Jesus Christ, no.

Not even if you gave me a free ticket.

I don't like other people generally, and I certainly don't want to spend 10 days sharing the norovirus and whatnot, cooped up with several thousand of the buggers.

And you can tell that the cruise lines aren't selling enough tickets to make money, as they are advertising their cruises TO DEATH since the pandemic.