Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Superjack

Two years in charge.

22 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Matt (every manager had an issue not me) Mills is the only person I've heard call him a bully.

True. But if they were asked I'm sure Beckford and all those rubbish Sven signings would call NP a bully as well. But that's the nature of the business. I'm also sure Ferguson and Pep would be called bullies by the number of player they forced out. Roy Keane has called Ferguson worse. Toure and Eto have publicly spoken out about the treatment they got from Pep. 

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Matt (every manager had an issue not me) Mills is the only person I've heard call him a bully.

Never said anyone did say it, just how he came across to me at times in interviews.

I've never met him in person, so I can't  saying he is one.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LestahGOAT said:

The usual suspects have got their little willies out.

Only a matter of time before it became a Pearsonite Vs NFP's thread (as usual). He's a Marmite character if there was ever one. Respect for his achievements in his two stints here but I would never want him anywhere near LCFC again (although I did applaud him during the Vichai memorial match). He's an interesting character from our history but we've moved onwards and upwards since he left. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

And Pat Murphy after Ostrichgate when he was desperate to act big in front of his media colleagues and bait Pearson into snapping at him but ended up looking a complete bell

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Guest said:

And Pat Murphy after Ostrichgate when he was desperate to act big in front of his media colleagues and bait Pearson into snapping at him but ended up looking a complete bell

No one came out of that public exchange with any credit. Embarrassing all round. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

He’s a ****ing hero. No manager comes close for what he did for us here. A top bloke too by all accounts 

I think Ranieri and his Premier League title (I know, none of it would have been possible without Pearson, he deserves massive respect and credit for the foundations he laid) and Rodgers and his FA Cup would both have something to say about that. 

You might have Pearson as your favourite, fair enough, but to say "no one comes close" is OTT. 

5 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Can you explain why:

Derby - Sacked after falling out with players and owner.... in a few months

Watford - Sacked after falling out with players and owner....in a few months

Leicester 2nd Spell - Sacked after falling out with owners whod already tried to sack him once and then had to sack him due to his gormless sack of shit son

Bristol - Soon to be sacked for underachieving and board "not having him" as the insider on here points out (We dont know if hes right)

Is reflective of a person who forms good working relationships, or is it always the owners fault?

Suggests to me the bloke is a bit of a blockhead who cant understand the owner employs him, not the other way around.

His job here will be the only good one he will ever do, ill go on record as saying that, and ive no idea why a person who is so people orientated as youd believe here goes out of his way to be unbearably rude in his public personality.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

He’s a ****ing hero. No manager comes close for what he did for us here. A top bloke too by all accounts 

Its just a ridiculous view. Just because its held by a lot of people, it doesnt make it any less ridiculous.

Its like saying the main reason we won the FA Cup was Claude Puel because he bought Tielemans. You wouldnt try and make that argument because youd look a right idiot, and no one likes Claude Puel.

Is the reason Man Utd beat Barcelona Ole Gunnar Solskjaer?

Is the reason Burnley are top of the championship Sean Dyche?

Is the reason Newcastle are 5th because of Steve Bruce?

Thats the argument you make, and its a rubbish one. Doesnt matter how many fan boys agree with it, because its wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guest said:

After Pearson had spent the previous press conference instigating the whole Ostrich conversation in the first place which to everyone outside of Leicester made him look like a monumental bellend, and had been displaying Billy Davies levels of paranoia and inferiority to every journalist for about 6 weeks leading up to that.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LestahGOAT said:

Its just a ridiculous view. Just because its held by a lot of people, it doesnt make it any less ridiculous.

Its like saying the main reason we won the FA Cup was Claude Puel because he bought Tielemans. You wouldnt try and make that argument because youd look a right idiot, and no one likes Claude Puel.

Thats the argument you make, and its a rubbish one. Doesnt matter how many fan boys agree with it, because its wrong.

If Steve Bruce had taken Newcastle from League One to the Premier League and kept them there while assembling the backroom staff and playing squad that then got them to 5th, I personally think it would be fair to give him a lot of the credit for that journey

7 minutes ago, Guest said:

If Steve Bruce had taken Newcastle from League One to the Premier League and kept them there while assembling the backroom staff and playing squad that then got them to 5th, I personally think it would be fair to give him a lot of the credit for that journey

Yes but you wouldnt though, because he has the personality of a been around the block fat kebab eater, a sort of joke figure, so you wouldnt.

A substantial core of the Newcastle team were bought under Bruce.... Joelinton, Almiron, Wilson, St Maximin, Schar etc. Howe has sprinkled a few on top.

Bruce kept newcastle up like Pearson did.

New manager takes them on and does better.

I guarantee there isnt a Steve Bruce nosh off thread every other day on the Newcastle forum that the little emo's get their winkies out to.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LestahGOAT said:

They’re not the arguments anyone is making, that’s the argument you’ve constructed to argue with. Steve Bruce took Newcastle from 13th in the Premier League to 19th in the Premier League. OGS took Man United from 6th in the Premier League to 6th in the Premier League. They kept those clubs plodding along at best. Sean Dyche at Burnley is the only close to reasonable comparison, you could easily make the case that it’s very unlikely they’d be top of the championship now without the work he did.

Nigel Pearson took a poorly run League One team to 5th in the Championship with a below average Championship squad. Then took a poorly run Championship side to 14th in the Premier League having completely revolutionised the way the club was run, the recruitment and the style of football we played, things which had a huge bearing on our subsequent success.

Anyone who claims one person is responsible is wrong. But Pearson’s role was more significant than anybody elses by some margin.

You can’t strip this and other cases of all their context and then go - look it’s the same. Get a grip.

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

Pearson managed the club for over 5 long, miserable months at the bottom of the Premier League. During that season he became an embarrassment to the club and lost all credibility. Vichai (or was it Top?) wanted him out long before they were given no choice but to relieve him of his duties. I would argue that we would've been promoted to the Premier League with or without Pearson given King Power's ambition. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Pearson managed the club for over 5 long, miserable months at the bottom of the Premier League. During that season he became an embarrassment to the club and lost all credibility. Vichai (or was it Top?) wanted him out long before they were given no choice but to relieve him of his duties. I would argue that we would've been promoted to the Premier League with or without Pearson given King Power's ambition. 

Given our strategy of spunking money on extremely average players and managers prior to Pearson coming back I very highly doubt ambition was going to take us up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LestahGOAT said:

Can you explain why:

Derby - Sacked after falling out with players and owner.... in a few months

Watford - Sacked after falling out with players and owner....in a few months

Leicester 2nd Spell - Sacked after falling out with owners whod already tried to sack him once and then had to sack him due to his gormless sack of shit son

Bristol - Soon to be sacked for underachieving and board "not having him" as the insider on here points out (We dont know if hes right)

Is reflective of a person who forms good working relationships, or is it always the owners fault?

Suggests to me the bloke is a bit of a blockhead who cant understand the owner employs him, not the other way around.

His job here will be the only good one he will ever do, ill go on record as saying that, and ive no idea why a person who is so people orientated as youd believe here goes out of his way to be unbearably rude in his public personality.

If he couldn't form good working relationships then how does he keep getting jobs? How did he achieve what he did with us? Remember that his first spell was under Mandaric who loved binning off managers. Don't like him but Wayne Brown was binned by the club and still speaks highly of him, Ben Foster mentioned how he brought the whole club together at Watford from top to bottom. Class you've brought up Watford again as well, after admitting it was all assumptions you'd made.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

12 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wouldn't you then recognise that King Power realised to achieve their ambitions Pearson was best placed to do just that? Because prior they had spunked on dross.

19 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

If he couldn't form good working relationships then how does he keep getting jobs? How did he achieve what he did with us? Remember that his first spell was under Mandaric who loved binning off managers. Don't like him but Wayne Brown was binned by the club and still speaks highly of him, Ben Foster mentioned how he brought the whole club together at Watford from top to bottom. Class you've brought up Watford again as well, after admitting it was all assumptions you'd made.

He keeps getting jobs because everyone thinks hes going to "do a Leicester" and then he doesnt. He has this myth and aura about him that hes got magical club building powers, when he built ONE team. He managed ONE club well.

That part of his career died years ago and aint coming back.

I doubt the guy will get another job after Bristol, hes finished, hes history. Ex recent players are taking the jobs now and doing better than him. That coupled with managers coming from European leagues with clear styles of play to implement.

He might get a job at a club where the only goal is save a few quid and take as long as you need doing it because were broke kind of club, some league two nothing club, thatll be about it.

Hes also an absolute embarrasment in interviews and no good clubs want that.

I brought up Watford because they binned him immediately after a game, and considering he was doing the amazing job you like to tell everyone about, that would suggest he must have majorly pissed off people within their hierrarchy, whether that be players, the owners, probably both.

Edited by LestahGOAT

And in case im missing the "context" throughout his career:

Carlisle - shit team that were at the bottom all season until a goalkeeper scored from a corner. total fluke

Southampton - takes over a mid table team for 4 months, wins 3 games in his whole time there, one of which is the last day of the season to avoid relegation and gets hailed as a genius lol a John Carver genius maybe

Leicester - Does a good job overall despite periods of rubbishness, lays the foundations for subsequent managers to come in and totally smash it who deserve more credit and dont get any

Hull - Did an average job in first season, then ironically when they were actually playing not bad he walked out on them lol LOYAL. Didnt lay any foundations anyway.

Derby - Manages to take over a playoff team and **** them within 2 months lol id say thats up there with the highlight of his CV, agent Pearson.

Leuven - No one cares about the Belgian 2nd division

Watford - Gets a bounce, loses bounce, falls out with players, would have been relegated anyway with remaining games, club bins him off after a few months yet again

Bristol City - Bang average job and yet hailed as a genius for selling a few players and reaching the dizzying heights of 16th.

One good job like i said.

40 minutes ago, LestahGOAT said:

He keeps getting jobs because everyone thinks hes going to "do a Leicester" and then he doesnt. He has this myth and aura about him that hes got magical club building powers, when he built ONE team. He managed ONE club well.

That part of his career died years ago and aint coming back.

I doubt the guy will get another job after Bristol, hes finished, hes history. Ex recent players are taking the jobs now and doing better than him. That coupled with managers coming from European leagues with clear styles of play to implement.

He might get a job at a club where the only goal is save a few quid and take as long as you need doing it because were broke kind of club, some league two nothing club, thatll be about it.

Hes also an absolute embarrasment in interviews and no good clubs want that.

I brought up Watford because they binned him immediately after a game, and considering he was doing the amazing job you like to tell everyone about, that would suggest he must have majorly pissed off people within their hierrarchy, whether that be players, the owners, probably both.

Yeah Watford who are renowned for being loyal to managers 😂