Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Superjack

Two years in charge.

18 minutes ago, LestahGOAT said:

And in case im missing the "context" throughout his career:

Carlisle - shit team that were at the bottom all season until a goalkeeper scored from a corner. total fluke

Southampton - takes over a mid table team for 4 months, wins 3 games in his whole time there, one of which is the last day of the season to avoid relegation and gets hailed as a genius lol a John Carver genius maybe

Leicester - Does a good job overall despite periods of rubbishness, lays the foundations for subsequent managers to come in and totally smash it who deserve more credit and dont get any

Hull - Did an average job in first season, then ironically when they were actually playing not bad he walked out on them lol LOYAL. Didnt lay any foundations anyway.

Derby - Manages to take over a playoff team and **** them within 2 months lol id say thats up there with the highlight of his CV, agent Pearson.

Leuven - No one cares about the Belgian 2nd division

Watford - Gets a bounce, loses bounce, falls out with players, would have been relegated anyway with remaining games, club bins him off after a few months yet again

Bristol City - Bang average job and yet hailed as a genius for selling a few players and reaching the dizzying heights of 16th.

One good job like i said.

Fvcking hell did he shag your missus?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Pearson managed the club for over 5 long, miserable months at the bottom of the Premier League. During that season he became an embarrassment to the club and lost all credibility. Vichai (or was it Top?) wanted him out long before they were given no choice but to relieve him of his duties.

Had he lost all credibility? Those "miserable months at the bottom" ended with us getting 22 points from our last 9 matches (7 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat - away to the champions-elect).

5 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I would argue that we would've been promoted to the Premier League with or without Pearson given King Power's ambition. 

That's a matter of opinion that can't be proved either way, obviously. My view is that some other managers would've got us promoted, but many others wouldn't have done so.

The only factual evidence we have on the matter is the two other managers appointed by King Power while we were in the Championship:

- Sousa took over a squad that had reached the Championship play-offs under NP.... and was sacked after 3 months, having taken us into the relegation zone.

- Ex-England manager Sven took us to mid-table that season, made full use of the King Power cheque-book in the summer, making us promotion favourites.....and was sacked with us treading water in 13th place

Pretty strong evidence that, at the very least, there was nothing inevitable about King Power's ambition leading to promotion.....

15 hours ago, LestahGOAT said:

Yes but you wouldnt though, because he has the personality of a been around the block fat kebab eater, a sort of joke figure, so you wouldnt.

A substantial core of the Newcastle team were bought under Bruce.... Joelinton, Almiron, Wilson, St Maximin, Schar etc. Howe has sprinkled a few on top.

Bruce kept newcastle up like Pearson did.

New manager takes them on and does better.

I guarantee there isnt a Steve Bruce nosh off thread every other day on the Newcastle forum that the little emo's get their winkies out to.

lol wow

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

You do wonder whether or not NP would have got Derby promoted had he not fallen afoul of Mad Mel Morris!

Hed have got them relegated if he had carried on. He was useless there

1 hour ago, Mark_w said:

Another win today, really glad to see he's found a club that were willing to give him time to do what he does :pearson:

Hes achieved nothing at Bristol City. Theyre a crap side in the bottom half.

I appreciate for people like yourself he cant fail. You can give the guy an infinite amount of time to continually finish somewhere in mid table, and he will never, ever be a failure due to his time at Leicester. But he is failing miserably.

• Haha 1

On 24/02/2023 at 22:36, BlueSi13 said:

Said it before but if he loses every game he manages from here on out it won't stop him being my favourite Leicester City manager.  From where he picked us up, and the journey he took us on across 3 divisions whilst leaving the foundations for the greatest story in football, the guy is a hero.

But some of the disrespect he gets from a handful on here is genuinely, GENUINELY weird.  We love to tear our legends down at this football club.  We're very unique in that regard.  

Whats genuinely weird is having two managers who have won the two biggest prizes in the domestic game, which will probably never be won ever again, and at best one of them is looked on as some sort of joke figure that just did everything the pearson way and won the league for pearson, and the other one is basically hated by 99% of the forum.

I get in Rodgers' case things have gone sour and its not likely things are going to improve, but youd think there would be some sort of we won the league thread every other day here. Instead all you ever see is the same little band of people wanking themselves off over pearson.

If theres a thread about Rodgers and someone suggests pearson as a replacement, i guarantee within 5 mins youll have dog profile picture and his merry men having their 378th pearson circle jerk of the week.

9 hours ago, LestahGOAT said:

Whats genuinely weird is having two managers who have won the two biggest prizes in the domestic game, which will probably never be won ever again, and at best one of them is looked on as some sort of joke figure that just did everything the pearson way and won the league for pearson, and the other one is basically hated by 99% of the forum.

I get in Rodgers' case things have gone sour and its not likely things are going to improve, but youd think there would be some sort of we won the league thread every other day here. Instead all you ever see is the same little band of people wanking themselves off over pearson.

If theres a thread about Rodgers and someone suggests pearson as a replacement, i guarantee within 5 mins youll have dog profile picture and his merry men having their 378th pearson circle jerk of the week.

I dont think the over the top nature from some posters should cloud your judgement of him being an excellent manager for us.

Though it is nauseating when its claimed that Ranieri had zero impact in 15/16 or that the FA Cup win was down to complete luck.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, LestahGOAT said:

Me, dog profile picture and the merry men when another Pearson thread comes on FT

[video-to-gif output image]

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, LestahGOAT said:

The club had a constant upward trajectory under pearson because he was managing in the lower leagues against worse opposition.

The season in the Championship after promotion from League One was sensational, you mention worse opposition? But the side that year on paper shouldn't have been anywhere near the playoffs.