Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

Guest Fox-66
9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I'd be interested to see when LCFC made it their stated policy at the start of the season not to put tickets on general sale? I think you might be struggling to find evidence of that...

I did not state it was 'policy', I said 'we all knew'.

I do not think it needed to be stated as none of the away games, right from the start of the season, went to General Sales (I think that is correct - yes?). Therefore I would have thought it was obvious to all that General Sale was not an option for Away ticket sales.  

I think the ID checks are over the top and excessive. For every fan under one booking showing id I mean. The fact that there is stories of fans taking a kid on their siblings ticket and getting turned away is ridiculous.

However, I agree there is an issue with reselling tickets on to people who have then caused trouble.

For me it would work fine if the person who bought them had to randomly show id as the lead booker if you like. It could also be said that sole person as the lead booker is responsible for everyone under that booking and behaviour. That would still stop ticket reselling imo, without the club being ridiculously over zealous against every fan.

Edited by peterborofox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fox-66 said:

I did not state it was 'policy', I said 'we all knew'.

I do not think it needed to be stated as none of the away games, right from the start of the season, went to General Sales (I think that is correct - yes?). Therefore I would have thought it was obvious to all that General Sale was not an option for Away ticket sales.  

I'm sorry but I dont agree it was obvious.

I went to about 3 aways in the season before covid bought on the club website even though I didnt have a membership. Its reasonable to think season is one of the first 'normal' full seasons since covid.

The ones I went to where London midweek or Monday matches when I lived there so demand would have been a lot lower, similar to our recent Monday night run.

When you say it was obvious since no aways went on general sale since the start of the season, that wouldnt have been known from day 1. The trend only occurs when you look back in hindsight. By then 40 quid seems like a rip off when a chunk of the season has gone.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, peterborofox said:

I think the ID checks are over the top and excessive. For every fan under one booking showing id I mean. The fact that there is stories of fans taking a kid on their siblings ticket and getting turned away is ridiculous.

However, I agree there is an issue with reselling tickets on to people who have then caused trouble.

For me it would work fine if the person who bought them had to randomly show id as the lead booker if you like. It could also be said that sole person as the lead booker is responsible for everyone under that booking and behaviour. That would still stop ticket reselling imo, without the club being ridiculously over zealous against every fan.

Yep completely agree, if they did this I wouldn't have a problem with it all, still annoying but that seems the most 'common sense' way to do it 

On 21/05/2023 at 09:18, lestuhfox said:

What a tvvat you are!!!!!

The club isn't yours or for the 23 000 season ticket holders or for the small number of members we have.

It's not Tops either or anyone else's who works there making rubbish desicions. 

It is our Citys club, our County's club for the 300  000 who live in the City and the population of Leicestershire. 

Also it's for the exiles who have relocated for work, retirement, love, whatever reason they have moved for who are all City fans.

If any City fan wants to go to any game home or away they should be able to.

Our selling system doesn't allow that and is wrong.

I go to most home and away games.

My circumstances have allowed that. 

I do not consider  myself no more of a fan than someone who follows us differently foe example listening to Radio Leicester, but if they decide they want to go to a game they should be able to if tickets are available. 

Also in my.opinion a membership should be fee free.

Not sure of the poster who you quoted but I kind of agree with him on this.. it’s simply about who is eligible and who ain’t.. 

I really am on the fence and between you both. From my own experience of away games and my visits I’ve been lucky enough to get to all the ones i can by only being a member. This is through the kindness of others on this forum who have offered me a ticket. Man City and Leeds went to memberships.. 

Nothing like an away game, it’s what a lot of fans want to experience.

Do I love going? Yes

Have I got a taste of away games? Hell Yes

Have I been lucky? Yes

Should I be there? Not really 

those who go week in week out, shell out for season tickets should get an away ahead of myself who goes as often as I can but only a member, but that’s my opinion.. 

• 1 month later...

I’m probably going to chance it this season.  I’ve got 2 sons - me and older son have about 480 points, younger son has about 440 as he didn’t start coming to games at first.   Older son is going away to university in September so won’t be around to go to games as much. If there are games we can get to with 480 points but not 440, I’m going to take my younger son using older ones points. 

35 minutes ago, Qwerty said:

I’m probably going to chance it this season.  I’ve got 2 sons - me and older son have about 480 points, younger son has about 440 as he didn’t start coming to games at first.   Older son is going away to university in September so won’t be around to go to games as much. If there are games we can get to with 480 points but not 440, I’m going to take my younger son using older ones points. 

Worth the chance in my opinion. Worked for me a couple last year.