Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

27 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I'd ask a slightly different question.

Why the hell should people have to bring a passport to a crappy poxy football match in this country, just to prove they are who they say they are.  

Absolute madness.

That’s a different conversation. How on earth do you remain an adult without verifiable ID, unless you always live off someone else 

2 hours ago, Smiffy Fox said:

Me and my son became season ticket holders in 2014. My son was 7 at the time. We started to travel to away games when we could get tickets. We have continued to do so ever since and probably go to around 6 or 7 away game a season. We have built our points up over the years so we can always get tickets if we choose to. I would like to attend more but due to the cost and the shifts I work 6 or 7 a season has to do for us. Back in 2016 my younger son was fortunate enough to get a season ticket with us and the 3 of us attend all home games together. Due to the way the clubs away point system works, my younger son was very rarely able to get away tickets as his points were much lower than ours. Trying to be fair to both my kids I took the decision to alternate the away games with the 2 of them, using my eldest son season ticket to buy the tickets. We’ve been doing this for years. I’m not selling the tickets on, I’ve spent £1000s over the years following the club and building my points. However with the new policy if I decide to take my younger son and we are selected for ID checks he won’t be issued with his ticket as it’s in his brothers name, therefore both of us will be unable to gain entry as I’m not going to leave a 13 year old outside the stadium on his own. I understand that there may be a problem with tickets getting into the wrong hands, but treating the real supporters who have spent and continue to spend there hard earned money following the team in this way is wrong in my opinion. 

When I can’t attend home games because of work my wife takes the boys. Are the club going to say we can’t do this as it’s a different name on the ticket? Therefore stopping the kids going because I have to work. I think the club has totally lost any bond it had with the supporters.

The short answer to this is. Yes potentially.

There's is talk of them allowing a nomination list of family or friends that you can notify the club will be using the ticket next season. But no real details yet. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I just about accept the ‘not everyone’s got a smart phone’ argument for nfc tickets but not having a passport or driving licence?!?!? How do these people live in the real world. How do they get mortgages, pass rent checks, open bank accounts, insurance products, do anything which requires ID. Absolute madness. 

very easy to not have a driving license if you don't drive. passport is harder but if you don't travel regularly it could easily expire and you not get round to renewing it with the wait time to get it done before getting selected for ticket checks. 

23 hours ago, goody2028 said:

So basically this person bought a ticket for his mate using his mum's season ticket. Him not being able to get in had nothing to do with not having ID. They needed his mum and her ID as the issue was that his mate shouldn't have had a ticket in the first place.

This is one of the things the club are trying to stop. People doing this was preventing other STHs and members getting tickets for games. You've only got to look at how much further down the priority list sales are getting now to see how much of a problems it's been. Certainly more prevalent than I had realised.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

You've only got to look at how much further down the priority list sales are getting now to see how much of a problems it's been. Certainly more prevalent than I had realised.

You only need to look at the first game the system was in action 45 out of 100 tickets wasn’t collected 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This gets said all the time but it's almost impossible for people to catch up.

About 6 of the 23 or so away games don't make it to all STHs, so people are already falling behind. Add in maybe 2 or 3 you genuinely can't make, and you can only achieve 14 or 15 away points for that season.

People I know who are all in all STH bracket won't ever get tickets for Forest, Villa, Bournemouth and these away cup small allocation games.

Someone who has had a ST 9 years has 450 points, someone who has one 6 years has 300. Will take 10 years to catch up, and that's if the 450 pointer does zero away games, which I doubt many fans do.

We've got to a point where young lads literally can't build up points, it's a closed shop. I think this new system is bullshit, but it'll genuinely help those at the bottom climb their way up.

Personally I think priority points should be on a rolling 5-7 year scale, and then ballot system needed maybe?

This is all irrelevant anyway if we go down, first year might be popular but after that attendances will dwindle, I imagine you'll get a ticket for 95% of away games if you're a STH and you want one.

Would be interested to know how other prem teams allocate their away tickets.

12 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Personally I think priority points should be on a rolling 5-7 year scale, and then ballot system needed maybe?

I've thought something similar. You can debate how long the roll over period should be, but there needs to be a way to encourage and reward people who regularly do to away games now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Steve Howard said:

This would be fine if the club released away tickets to supporters with a booking history rather than trying to swindle every last penny from loyal fans with these pointless memberships.
Leeds won't sell out because of this. Club will have to pay Leeds for unsold tickets. Cutting off their stupid nose to spite their stupid face.

How true, then next season they will take a lower allocation (If we play Leeds) with the excuse "Well we didn't sell out last season".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Union FS said:

Another problem is tickets being given to players who then decide they don't need all that many so give them out to mates at the ground who then sell them on. I think this was the case at Brentford.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Another problem is tickets being given to players who then decide they don't need all that many so give them out to mates at the ground who then sell them on. I think this was the case at Brentford.

Yes they could well do with looking a little closer to home. Box holders taking their cut and divvying them out is rife.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

Do you know how many each box holder is allowed ?

Officially I believe its 2 per box as a mate of mines family have 1 and he regularly misses out due to trying to be fair. But I've heard of them getting as many as 10. Especially for the big games as they just lean on the club a bit.

On 17/04/2023 at 22:17, worth_the_wait said:

I'd ask a slightly different question.

Why the hell should people have to bring a passport to a crappy poxy football match in this country, just to prove they are who they say they are.  

Absolute madness.

And if you lose it? Won't be able to get a replacement for months because the passport bods are on strike! So what are you supposed to do if you don't have one or a driving license?