Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

Leicester City Football Club is trialling random ticket ID checks for supporters visiting away stadiums next month to help improve fan safety and tackle ticket touting.

- Random away ticket ID checks to be in place from 4 March
- The checks are aimed at improving fan safety and matchday experience

These ticket ID checks, which are also aimed at reducing the increasing instances of anti-social behaviour seen at away games, will start from Saturday 4 March, when the Men’s First Team travel to face Southampton in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off at St Mary’s Stadium.

This means that, while the vast majority of tickets will be distributed to purchasing supporters in advance as normal, a small number of tickets will be retained and held for matchday collection at the relevant away ground.

Supporters that have purchased these tickets will be asked to present a photo ID that corresponds with the owner of the match ticket in order to collect.

While the process for the majority of supporters will remain unchanged, the small number of supporters who have been selected at random for the ticket ID check will be contacted directly by Leicester City ahead of each fixture with full details.

The Club is conducting ticket ID checks to help prevent abuse of the away ticket priority system, to ensure that only supporters that legitimately qualify to access away tickets are entering visiting sections and to help combat the problem of ticket touting, which is an issue that affects many clubs and supporters.

Supporters are politely reminded that all tickets purchased from the Football Club are strictly non-transferable and that the unauthorised sale of tickets may amount to a criminal offence.

If you are selected for a random ticket ID check, you will be asked to proceed to a designated collection point at the stadium on the day of the match with a valid photo ID. If your ID matches the ticket owner, the Club will then issue you with your match ticket.

The Football Club understand that these checks may cause some inconvenience and thanks supporters for their patience as it kindly asks for cooperation and understanding in this matter. These checks are necessary to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all fans attending away games.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I guess it depends where you sit in the priority list' If you're exchanging with a fan on here because you don't qualify then it's pain for the lender, who will drop some points and the buyer who may find they can't go. However if you're just outside the priority qualifying and continually missing out and losing the opportunity build up your points total then it's likely to be a good thing.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Laughable when it’s quite often tickets far closer to the club which end up in names other than those registered against 

This is the main issue for me. Fairly sure the ‘random’ selection won’t stretch to box holders and/or LCFC staff. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Laughable when it’s quite often tickets far closer to the club which end up in names other than those registered against 

These ***** are the ones selling the tickets on and giving them away, they've got some nerve lol

I hate the customer relations side of this football club, it must be one of the worst in the country.

EDIT: I should add this will probably help me as I regularly attend games and the ones I don't I don't sell tickets for incase the idiot gets me banned.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal