Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

The club are a joke, especially the ticket office staff. 

I lost my season ticket card and had to pay £5 for a reprint for Villa, asked them to sort Bournemouth at the same time because I don't trust them to get anything right, said they can't sort that one today. Phoned them to email a new one which they said they would but they still haven't, so I emailed them to chase and they said bare with them, still nothing...

I've had to email again this morning I shouldn't have to chase them this much! This might sound trivial but they're just so frustrating and make everything hard work. 

Probably a ploy by the ticket office to force you to put it on your phone 😠

1 hour ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

one good thing that comes with relegation ... watching this farce of a process blow up in their faces when the majority of away ends go to general sale in the championship :D

Trouble is ... I doubt it will.

I don't see them ever putting away tickets on General Sale again ... not until some of the people running the club have moved on elsewhere.

(and don't forget in the 2nd Division, lots of clubs only give 2000 away tickets.   The rule there is 10% or 2000, rather than 10% or 3000 in the Premier League)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

Trouble is ... I doubt it will.

I don't see them ever putting away tickets on General Sale again ... not until some of the people running the club have moved on elsewhere.

(and don't forget in the 2nd Division, lots of clubs only give 2000 away tickets.   The rule there is 10% or 2000, rather than 10% or 3000 in the Premier League)

while I agree, that wont be true for every fixture. Blackburn, Coventry, Sheff Utd (who may go up) all given massive away allocations - any attempts to do this on other games would just be futile over the course of a full season

Edited by CastagnesLasagnes

22 minutes ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

while I agree, that wont be true for every fixture. Blackburn, Coventry, Sheff Utd (who may go up) all given massive away allocations - any attempts to do this on other games would just be futile over the course of a full season

Cov will sell out in an instant, 5k sold out when we beat them in 2011 in about 2 mins. Sheff u in the champo used to give us top or bottom tier, never both. Sheff wed if they come up will go quick. Away tickets will sell quicker next year surely, loads of day trippers won’t be here true, but loads of grounds we’ve not been to in years that fans will look forward to. Our weekend aways in the champo were always strong 

7 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Cov will sell out in an instant, 5k sold out when we beat them in 2011 in about 2 mins. Sheff u in the champo used to give us top or bottom tier, never both. Sheff wed if they come up will go quick. Away tickets will sell quicker next year surely, loads of day trippers won’t be here true, but loads of grounds we’ve not been to in years that fans will look forward to. Our weekend aways in the champo were always strong 

Okay coventry a bad example, and agree our away followings have always been great (think the year we went down to L1 was my favourite year of aways worryingly!). 

While I'm not saying every game goes to general sale, theres plenty of teams who basically give "as much as you want" provided its not an otherwise "big game", some examples ..

- Blackburn

- Sheff Utd

- Sheff Wed

- Sunderland

- Bristol City

- Birmingham

- WIgan

Whether the checks stay in place or not ... the same demand for day trippers just isn't going to be there, and neither will the selling on market they seem desperate to stop

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

Okay coventry a bad example, and agree our away followings have always been great (think the year we went down to L1 was my favourite year of aways worryingly!). 

While I'm not saying every game goes to general sale, theres plenty of teams who basically give "as much as you want" provided its not an otherwise "big game", some examples ..

- Blackburn

- Sheff Utd

- Sheff Wed

- Sunderland

- Bristol City

- Birmingham

- WIgan

Whether the checks stay in place or not ... the same demand for day trippers just isn't going to be there, and neither will the selling on market they seem desperate to stop

Yeh let’s wait and see. I don’t think they’re worried about ‘selling on’ or touting, more getting tickets for your friends/family as a favour. I remember Blackburn gave us a 7k allocation in the champo. I have never been there, Birmingham or Bristol city so those 3 games are top of my list and hopefully big allocations 

Probably inevitable I'm going to be selected for collection at Man City given the ban handed to my best mate. 

What's the deal with ID for kids? Seen a few mentions previously of kids not getting in etc. 

Surely they don't expect kids to have ID? Mine is 8 ffs. 

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Probably inevitable I'm going to be selected for collection at Man City given the ban handed to my best mate. 

What's the deal with ID for kids? Seen a few mentions previously of kids not getting in etc. 

Surely they don't expect kids to have ID? Mine is 8 ffs. 

Think they turned some away at palace for kids not having ID 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, FOXSE said:

All the talk about ID for away games: I am assuming this has only applied to where you have been selected to collect tickets?

No they have been randomly asking outside the ground and when fans are waiting to enter. The answer at that point should be a polite response of ‘no thanks I don’t carry ID’. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

No they have been randomly asking outside the ground and when fans are waiting to enter. The answer at that point should be a polite response of ‘no thanks I don’t carry ID’. 

Wow, didn't know that....

Me and my dad both got chose for ID checks. He’s now got an emergency procedure and can’t make it. Club say the tickets are non transferable and it will go unused if he can’t be at the ground and I’d have to go alone. Don’t see why it’s an issue if one of the ticket members can provide ID.

18 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

Was wondering where my three man City tickets were (1 adult, 2 kids).... selected to collect!

Myself and my son were selected for ID at the Palace match.

Genuinely, it felt we were queueing in a prison line.

4 hours ago, DJO-FOX said:

Me and my dad both got chose for ID checks. He’s now got an emergency procedure and can’t make it. Club say the tickets are non transferable and it will go unused if he can’t be at the ground and I’d have to go alone. Don’t see why it’s an issue if one of the ticket members can provide ID.

Would rather have an empty seat to prove a point. Sums this club up at the moment 

Have been selected again (also for Palace) for ticket collection at Man City, unfortunately not able to go and, due to being on holiday, missed the email deadline for money back due to fixture change. What happens to those who fail to collect tickets, I emailed the ticket office when I returned from holiday for refund but was told too late, obviously gave names and details yet they still send me the collection email even though I have already said I’m unable to attend 

2 hours ago, TheReaper87 said:

Have been selected again (also for Palace) for ticket collection at Man City, unfortunately not able to go and, due to being on holiday, missed the email deadline for money back due to fixture change. What happens to those who fail to collect tickets, I emailed the ticket office when I returned from holiday for refund but was told too late, obviously gave names and details yet they still send me the collection email even though I have already said I’m unable to attend 

Nothing in particular will happen, but I'm sure that the ticket office will note internally the non-attendance against your name. Although they say that it's random who they choose to collect, it wouldn't surprise me that over time those who have non-attendance records against their name are chosen to collect more often as they would be suspected of selling their tickets on to other people. So a one-off would be OK, but repeated non-attendance could result in sanctions. I think at the last fans consultative meeting they mentioned possible sanction could be the removal of all away priority points, but I don't think that's been confirmed yet.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots

Had my Man City tickets sent in the post for me and my dad (over 65), my mum went in hospital on Monday and no chance of her coming out this week so my dad has said he's not going go, so I'm going to take my 10 year old nephew who has a membership, in the past I would of just took my nephew and used the ticket as both concessions but I noticed at Crystal Palace they had people doing random ID checks so I thought Id do the right thing and explain the situation to see if I could transfer the ticket over, all you get is NO

The ticket office staff remind me of the receptionists at the Doctors when you trying to get an appointment