Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

2 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Had my Man City tickets sent in the post for me and my dad (over 65), my mum went in hospital on Monday and no chance of her coming out this week so my dad has said he's not going go, so I'm going to take my 10 year old nephew who has a membership, in the past I would of just took my nephew and used the ticket as both concessions but I noticed at Crystal Palace they had people doing random ID checks so I thought Id do the right thing and explain the situation to see if I could transfer the ticket over, all you get is NO

The ticket office staff remind me of the receptionists at the Doctors when you trying to get an appointment

Yet another example of how this isn't about trying to get tickets into the "right" hands at all, but just punishing people whose circumstances change at short notice.

These idiots at LCFC think that supporting the club is the same as being employed there, and therefore we should be able to fit our lives around it in the same way they do.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Had my Man City tickets sent in the post for me and my dad (over 65), my mum went in hospital on Monday and no chance of her coming out this week so my dad has said he's not going go, so I'm going to take my 10 year old nephew who has a membership, in the past I would of just took my nephew and used the ticket as both concessions but I noticed at Crystal Palace they had people doing random ID checks so I thought Id do the right thing and explain the situation to see if I could transfer the ticket over, all you get is NO

The ticket office staff remind me of the receptionists at the Doctors when you trying to get an appointment

What can they actually do here? Match tickets don't have names on, do they whip out an iPad and cross reference the seat number to the purchaser or something? :rolleyes: Anyone at Palace get ID checked despite receiving their tickets in the post?

5 minutes ago, SickoDicko said:

I've not noticed anyone being checked for ID going into the turnstile but surely there is some sort of right where we can just say no thanks and walk on? Like others have said will they have a clipboard of 3000 names to seats? laughable really

Exactly, particularly because this person is still a child. Just kindly say no thanks.

3 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

I've not noticed anyone being checked for ID going into the turnstile but surely there is some sort of right where we can just say no thanks and walk on? Like others have said will they have a clipboard of 3000 names to seats? laughable really

They have got to give the army of LCFC away stewards something to do as they do nothing in the ground 

7 hours ago, SickoDicko said:

Apparently they turned away 10 people at the turnstile at Southampton on top if the collect tickets process as this was mentioned at the FCC so its clearly happening. Presume they cross reference tickets against your ID as they will have the records of who purchased the ticket. Although I believe there was a few that had banning orders so shouldn't have tickets so unless they are using the police database to face check 1st before pulling you to one side.

• Like 1

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Yet another example of how this isn't about trying to get tickets into the "right" hands at all, but just punishing people whose circumstances change at short notice.

These idiots at LCFC think that supporting the club is the same as being employed there, and therefore we should be able to fit our lives around it in the same way they do.

Crazy thing is my nephew is a member and it got down to members so its not like I'm trying to take advantage of the priority system.

Guest foxestalkisfullofidiots
9 hours ago, Nugent said:

What can they actually do here? Match tickets don't have names on, do they whip out an iPad and cross reference the seat number to the purchaser or something? :rolleyes: Anyone at Palace get ID checked despite receiving their tickets in the post?

The ticket does actually state over 65 on it, but yes I'm not sure what checks took place at Palace

14 hours ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

The ticket does actually state over 65 on it, but yes I'm not sure what checks took place at Palace

I'm sure you won't have a problem getting him in. ID check is very unlikely but if they were to ask just politely refuse and carry on.

Suggestion - Change your FoxesTalk username to leicestercityfcisfullofidiots. :)

its all very odd as the club have helped me in the past (prior to this season) with transfer of tickets to relatives when they couldn't attend (similar to the reasons people have been posting above) - seems like a definite change in attitude on this behind the scenes 

Edited by CastagnesLasagnes

22 hours ago, CastagnesLasagnes said:

its all very odd as the club have helped me in the past (prior to this season) with transfer of tickets to relatives when they couldn't attend (similar to the reasons people have been posting above) - seems like a definite change in attitude on this behind the scenes 

New staff

Was stood with a few Man City stewards before leaving and they were laughing and speaking about our club stewards with their body cameras looking gormless.

They apparently instructed our club stewards where to stand and they ignored it and just went where they wanted.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ren said:

Was stood with a few Man City stewards before leaving and they were laughing and speaking about our club stewards with their body cameras looking gormless.

They apparently instructed our club stewards where to stand and they ignored it and just went where they wanted.

Not sure any other club sends their stewards but surely proves this is one of the most pointless tasks for away matches.. 

I think the system is laughable but the entire point of it is to stop stuff like that happening. It means people like me struggle to build up points for certain games. 

I wish they’d drop the membership requirement though and put it on general sale, as a lot of games seem to be making it down the pecking order now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goody2028 said:

I just about accept the ‘not everyone’s got a smart phone’ argument for nfc tickets but not having a passport or driving licence?!?!? How do these people live in the real world. How do they get mortgages, pass rent checks, open bank accounts, insurance products, do anything which requires ID. Absolute madness. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I just about accept the ‘not everyone’s got a smart phone’ argument for nfc tickets but not having a passport or driving licence?!?!? How do these people live in the real world. How do they get mortgages, pass rent checks, open bank accounts, insurance products, do anything which requires ID. Absolute madness. 

Yes I agree to an extent. Although there are plenty of people unfortunately who don’t have access to I.D, but they’re unlikely to have the spare money for an away day or any football ticket really. Nonetheless, the lack of flexibility regarding kids I.D and certain exceptional circumstances for passing on tickets, is becoming a regular, outrageous story. However, for this highlighted case I don’t believe it follows that pattern.

• Like 1