Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

ID required for away tickets

5 hours ago, C.J said:

And if you lose it? Won't be able to get a replacement for months because the passport bods are on strike! So what are you supposed to do if you don't have one or a driving license? 

Simple have a photo on your phone, following England we have to pick up our tickets with id nothing wrong with this will stop fans gaining points and selling tickets, next season will be worse

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kegworthfox said:

Simple have a photo on your phone, following England we have to pick up our tickets with id nothing wrong with this will stop fans gaining points and selling tickets, next season will be worse

I can't think of any issues with that idea! As if the stewards would buy that .

• Like 2

Right. Had no idea all this had been put in place.

got 2 tickets for Leeds away tonight.

need to collect the tickets before the game.

ones in my name. Others in my dads name but it’s my brother that’s coming.

zero chance of me being able to collect the tickets ? 

11 minutes ago, FunkyFox93 said:

Right. Had no idea all this had been put in place.

got 2 tickets for Leeds away tonight.

need to collect the tickets before the game.

ones in my name. Others in my dads name but it’s my brother that’s coming.

zero chance of me being able to collect the tickets ? 

Is there any chance your brother could look like your dad?  Surely they are not scrutinising each face like passport control!  

2 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Did you see the reply to this?

image.thumb.png.1ea4cd693698a2ad2951e2c72fd84142.png

I had seen some replies but No I hadn’t seen them particular ones, they are obviously issues that I would like to think will get picked up, especially the last 2 replies 

1 hour ago, jammie82uk said:

I had seen some replies but No I hadn’t seen them particular ones, they are obviously issues that I would like to think will get picked up, especially the last 2 replies 

It seems as though the LCFC stewards are there under the pretence of 'improving the safety of fans' but when presented with any issues between supporters can't take any action. Yet again it seems like simply sending them is providing the necessary lip service to say that it's been done.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fox-66

ID checks / General Sales Newcastle Away– An alternative view point

ID CHECKS
BEFORE ID checks were introduced by the club, there were 13 arrest at our away game at Spurs, inside the Stadium.  I understand almost all were for drug-related offences. 

When the names of those arrested were reviewed by the club it was revealed that 12 of the 13 WERE NEITHER ST holders or members

Therefore, it is very reasonable to conclude those 12, who are neither ST holders or members, obtained their ticket from ST holders, purchased via the away priority tickets scheme. I’m not 100% sure but I do not think this game reached members, so those tickets were almost certainly obtained from ST holders. 

As a result of the arrests at the Spurs game the club introduced the ID scheme. (Similar to some other clubs in the PL).

So maybe instead of hurling constant vitriol and abuse at the club :mad:, I would maintain the total blame for the introduction of the ID schemes lies totally with those morons who got arrested, with equal blame going to the ST holders who sold these morons their tickets, in breach of the T&C of the rules of buying said ticket. 

Also and for the record…
•    A name is required to be allocated to all Away tickets used executive box holders.
•    Any member of staff who is found to have sold their ticket is subject to dismissal.
•    Since the ID scheme was introduced people who act as coach stewards have been selected for ID Checks.
•    Having stewards from the Away team at Away games is not something LCFC have made up themselves, it is a directive from the Premier League (and as I understand it they so not need a ticket so do not eat into our allocation).

GENERAL-SALE
I think I read of this forum that for a recent away game, where ID was required, 45 of the 100 tickets held back for ID checks were not collected. 

I’m sure there may have been a few genuine reasons those 45 tickets were not collected; illness, transport problems, etc. 

However, I consider it is reasonable to believe the majority of those 45 tickets were not collected because the ID presented would not have matched the name of the purchaser of the ticket, and therefore in breach of the T&C of the sale of that ticket.

Allowing for a few genuine reasons for the non-collections, a figure of 45 would represent around 40% of those selected as being those who had tickets to which they were not entitled.

If a figure of 40% were extrapolated to an away allocation of, for example, 3,000 ticket, then maybe 1,200 of those ticket could be in the hands of people who are neither ST holders or members.

But they have those tickets due to ST holders selling their tickets to the detriment of those lower down the Priority Points table. Thereby depriving those fans, with fewer Priority Points, the opportunity to buy tickets to which they would have been entitled had certain ST holders not abused the system.

That figure of 1,200 may be high but the point still stands.

GENERAL SALE – NEWCASTLE AWAY

There has been a clamour on this forum and on Social Media for tickets for the Newcastle game to be put on general sale.

I wonder why?

Could it be that since the introduction of the ID check scheme, those fans who previously relied on ST holders with high Priority Points selling them their tickets, are no longer able to get those tickets as the relevant ST holders are no longer willing to sell their tickets due to the risk of sanctions (e.g. loss of Priority Points) being taken against that ST holders.

Just a thought…..

7 hours ago, Fox-66 said:

There has been a clamour on this forum and on Social Media for tickets for the Newcastle game to be put on general sale.

I wonder why?

Could it be that since the introduction of the ID check scheme, those fans who previously relied on ST holders with high Priority Points selling them their tickets, are no longer able to get those tickets as the relevant ST holders are no longer willing to sell their tickets due to the risk of sanctions (e.g. loss of Priority Points) being taken against that ST holders.

Just a thought…..

I didn't read most of that club propaganda, but this bit hit me hard.

The mental stretch to say that the clamour for general sale for Newcastle is because of the ID scheme is absolutely incredible.

It is absolutely to do with the fact it's a Monday night game and 400 mile round trip at the end of a season when we've been absolutely terrible and there's the prospect of relegation at the end of the match.

To say it's because of the ID scheme completely destroys the droning nonsense you put above. Your agenda is clear. Stop it.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Fox-66 said:

ID checks / General Sales Newcastle Away– An alternative view point

ID CHECKS
BEFORE ID checks were introduced by the club, there were 13 arrest at our away game at Spurs, inside the Stadium.  I understand almost all were for drug-related offences. 

When the names of those arrested were reviewed by the club it was revealed that 12 of the 13 WERE NEITHER ST holders or members

Therefore, it is very reasonable to conclude those 12, who are neither ST holders or members, obtained their ticket from ST holders, purchased via the away priority tickets scheme. I’m not 100% sure but I do not think this game reached members, so those tickets were almost certainly obtained from ST holders. 

As a result of the arrests at the Spurs game the club introduced the ID scheme. (Similar to some other clubs in the PL).

So maybe instead of hurling constant vitriol and abuse at the club :mad:, I would maintain the total blame for the introduction of the ID schemes lies totally with those morons who got arrested, with equal blame going to the ST holders who sold these morons their tickets, in breach of the T&C of the rules of buying said ticket. 

Also and for the record…
•    A name is required to be allocated to all Away tickets used executive box holders.
•    Any member of staff who is found to have sold their ticket is subject to dismissal.
•    Since the ID scheme was introduced people who act as coach stewards have been selected for ID Checks.
•    Having stewards from the Away team at Away games is not something LCFC have made up themselves, it is a directive from the Premier League (and as I understand it they so not need a ticket so do not eat into our allocation).

GENERAL-SALE
I think I read of this forum that for a recent away game, where ID was required, 45 of the 100 tickets held back for ID checks were not collected. 

I’m sure there may have been a few genuine reasons those 45 tickets were not collected; illness, transport problems, etc. 

However, I consider it is reasonable to believe the majority of those 45 tickets were not collected because the ID presented would not have matched the name of the purchaser of the ticket, and therefore in breach of the T&C of the sale of that ticket.

Allowing for a few genuine reasons for the non-collections, a figure of 45 would represent around 40% of those selected as being those who had tickets to which they were not entitled.

If a figure of 40% were extrapolated to an away allocation of, for example, 3,000 ticket, then maybe 1,200 of those ticket could be in the hands of people who are neither ST holders or members.

But they have those tickets due to ST holders selling their tickets to the detriment of those lower down the Priority Points table. Thereby depriving those fans, with fewer Priority Points, the opportunity to buy tickets to which they would have been entitled had certain ST holders not abused the system.

That figure of 1,200 may be high but the point still stands.

I wonder why?

Just a thought…..

So what if people want general sale for Newcastle because the only previous way they could get a ticket was through someone else? You think they should be denied the right to follow their team now because of that? I'm not sure if you've noticed, but barely any fvcker fancies the trek up there on a Monday night and we need all the support we can get. And what about people who've never used someone else's ST? Why should they be denied the right to watch their team?

There are existing laws and regulations to deal with people who get nicked for stuff at football. The very fact that these people were arrested at Spurs makes that self-evident. A scheme that punishes 100 people a game because a dozen people in an away end of 3,000 were acting like herberts is totally disproportionate.

• Like 3