Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boosmanana

Boyd and Riordan?

On newsnow, there is a link to the norfox website, and there is strong belief that we are to sign 4 players and sell 6 players in January. The players sold are reportedly going to be:

Danny Tiatto, Dion Dublin, Lee Morris, Tommy Wright, Jason Wilcox, and Peter Gilbert.

They are also sure that we are to sign Kris Boyd from Kilmarnock and Derek Riordan from Hibernian. They are both quality players, and would improve the team alot. The other two are reported to be a left winger and an attacking midfielder.

On newsnow, there is a link to the norfox website, and there is strong belief that we are to sign 4 players and sell 6 players in January. The players sold are reportedly going to be:

Danny Tiatto, Dion Dublin, Lee Morris, Tommy Wright, Jason Wilcox, and Peter Gilbert.

They are also sure that we are to sign Kris Boyd from Kilmarnock and Derek Riordan from Hibernian. They are both quality players, and would improve the team alot. The other two are reported to be a left winger and an attacking midfielder.

Lee Morris has no resale value. :blink::huh::unsure::ph34r::rolleyes:

If that's the outcome then Tiatto and Dublin would be going to make the sums right (rather than because they serve no purpose anymore).

Overall I'd say it sounded 100 per cent positive, assuming the left winger and attacking midfielder are genuinely class players (cos that's what's needed) and the forwards are as good as their reputations (cos I've never seen either).

Mind you I'm not convinced we can either afford both those forwards or that they would both come.

However, anything that takes us further and further away from 4-5-1 will be welcomed by me.

sure mate, http://norfox.net/n051110.htm , its a shitty source, but things from there have come true before

Its a nice fan site as far as it goes, but most of their rumours are 2nd hand or worse. They have so many unsubstantiated rumours, the odd one is bound to stick just by the law of averages.

If we even get to speak to Riordan, I'll eat my hat. He's part of a young and gifted Hibs team that could seriously challenge for the title, and have a very good chance of European football (even Champions League) next year. Why would he want to do a Peter Canero, come to Leicester and rot away in the Championship?

Ditto Boyd. If they keep scoring, they'll be priced waaaaaay out of our range. I stand to be corrected, but no chance. Nada. Nil. I'm sure Foxes_Trust would confirm this?

If that's the outcome then Tiatto and Dublin would be going to make the sums right (rather than because they serve no purpose anymore).

Overall I'd say it sounded 100 per cent positive, assuming the left winger and attacking midfielder are genuinely class players (cos that's what's needed) and the forwards are as good as their reputations (cos I've never seen either).

Mind you I'm not convinced we can either afford both those forwards or that they would both come.

However, anything that takes us further and further away from 4-5-1 will be welcomed by me.

you can really tell you werent there on wednesday night :rolleyes::rolleyes:

you can really tell you werent there on wednesday night :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why's that?. Sing the praises for me of 4-5-1. Be careful though. I haven't said the players didn't perform well.

I've said we didn't score any goals nor barely had a shot on target in over 90 minutes so, in the end, we achieved nothing cos we attacked too late.

I can sometimes tell that some posters don't watch the Reserves but I don't go sneering at them about it. There are lots of people comment about matches they've only listened to on the radio (and not just the away games). Why dig at me for having a view?

I'm also well aware that many of you travelling fans are friends who post on other forums and naturally rally round one another. An atmosphere develops, you enjoy the crack. I understand that and am pleased if you enjoyed the game.

But defend it all you like it doesn't change my second paragraph. And it doesn't change my view that Leicester have too often been visually appalling away from home this season (judging by reports, commentaries and the opinions of fans).

Is there some reason I shouldn't campaign for a more attacking style on our travels? To me it was appalling that we had no option but to play 4-5-1 at Bolton.

Why's that?. Sing the praises for me of 4-5-1. Be careful though. I haven't said the players didn't perform well.

I've said we didn't score any goals nor barely had a shot on target in over 90 minutes so, in the end, we achieved nothing cos we attacked too late.

I can sometimes tell that some posters don't watch the Reserves but I don't go sneering at them about it. There are lots of people comment about matches they've only listened to on the radio (and not just the away games). Why dig at me for having a view?

I'm also well aware that many of you travelling fans are friends who post on other forums and naturally rally round one another. An atmosphere develops, you enjoy the crack. I understand that and am pleased if you enjoyed the game.

But defend it all you like it doesn't change my second paragraph. And it doesn't change my view that Leicester have too often been visually appalling away from home this season (judging by reports, commentaries and the opinions of fans).

Is there some reason I shouldn't campaign for a more attacking style on our travels? To me it was appalling that we had no option but to play 4-5-1 at Bolton

I agree to a certain extent, if city are to gain promotion we need to win more games away from home. To do so, city will have to apply a more attacking style of play, this will obviously make the football more pleasing to the eye. City have very few attacking options, this is something CL will have to address in the January sales!!!

If Dion goes it would be a travesty. FFS, he's awesome. I would lose the faith, Some people take Dion for granted, I don't he's such a good player.

I agree to a certain extent, if city are to gain promotion we need to win more games away from home. To do so, city will have to apply a more attacking style of play, this will obviously make the football more pleasing to the eye. City have very few attacking options, this is something CL will have to address in the January sales!!!

Yeah we need a Striker. Althoiugh Hume has seemed to have found his feet we need a striker like De Vries that can hiold the ball up etc. But is good at it!

If Dion goes it would be a travesty. FFS, he's awesome. I would lose the faith, Some people take Dion for granted, I don't he's such a good player.

You are on the wind up aren't you? You really can not believe that.

Dion Dublin is a joke and a crook and CL's biggest mistake was offering that charlatan a new deal. One goal at Charlton and he was forgiven for the previous 4 months of piss take and robbery from the Club coffers. Just because he is from Leicester, doesn't make him Mr. Leicester.

I despair at all those who get taken in by his gesturing to the crowd, mind you he's clever as it deflects from the fact he is utter garbage. I can't wait until he is bounced out the door, he has spent the last year or so undermining CL within the dressing room and on the pitch.

Agree with you, more especially as a defender where he remains a serious contender and excellent cover.

However, it seems that Levein is trying to develop a young and quick team and it may be he feels Dion has no long term future in that and the club can benefit from saving his wages.

Certainly he will have little chance of playing up front when the new striker (or two) arrives in January which probably leaves him as an expensive luxury.

Even so, on balance, I'd want to keep him at least for the rest of the season but the figures might just be too tight (though I think crowds will improve second half assuming we keep Smith and start to develop a more positive all-round philosophy).

I still think we can pinch a play-off place but not if we don't go all out to win our away matches as well as our home ones. Our away form and strategy has been a major disappointment. We need to win not draw. Dion remains good insurance in that quest.

You are on the wind up aren't you? You really can not believe that.

Dion Dublin is a joke and a crook and CL's biggest mistake was offering that charlatan a new deal. One goal at Charlton and he was forgiven for the previous 4 months of piss take and robbery from the Club coffers. Just because he is from Leicester, doesn't make him Mr. Leicester.

I despair at all those who get taken in by his gesturing to the crowd, mind you he's clever as it deflects from the fact he is utter garbage. I can't wait until he is bounced out the door, he has spent the last year or so undermining CL within the dressing room and on the pitch.

Your having a laugh aint you mate? i think that he is the one player on the pitch that the other players look up to and i think he is a good asset to the club. You probly dont look into the game that far im guessing.

Your having a laugh aint you mate? i think that he is the one player on the pitch that the other players look up to and i think he is a good asset to the club. You probly dont look into the game that far im guessing.

Clearly I'm "having a laugh"...

:rolleyes:

Appears you are another taken in by him. He is a sham of a mockery and the day he is out of this Club will be a good day.

I don't think anyone is saying that he's the best thing since sliced bread, but he is a talented, experienced campaigner.

Granted, he's probably on one of the bigger contracts at the club and I'm not sure he justifies it, but he is probably having a positive impact on the training ground etc, helping a few of the younger players out with regards to various aspects of their game.

I am the first to admit that I've always liked Dion Dublin so I was thrilled when we signed him and am biased towards him. I can however see that he is on a lot of money and maybe his impact *on* the pitch, doesn't justify it.

Still, as I said, he's good enough to bridge the gap for the remainder of this season whilst we bed some of the newer, younger players in.

Archived