Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Jamie Vardy

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/07/12/jamie-vardy-on-everton-shortlist-as-leicester-city-make-transfer-decision/?amp

Jamie Vardy on Everton shortlist as Leicester City make transfer decision

Everton have placed Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy on their shortlist for a new striker this summer, according to FootballTransfers.

The publication noted that the Foxes legend has been told that he is now free to leave his current club, a year before his contract expires

• Haha 1

What this does suggest to me is that Vardy is available and his advisors are definitively getting his name out there and looking to drain the internet and draw out an opportunity that excites him. 

I am not sure a club in England is what he wants as I think he will want us to be his only club but I definitely think an opportunity in the USA or Europe would be attractive to him. 

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

What this does suggest to me is that Vardy is available and his advisors are definitively getting his name out there and looking to drain the internet and draw out an opportunity that excites him. 

I am not sure a club in England is what he wants as I think he will want us to be his only club but I definitely think an opportunity in the USA or Europe would be attractive to him. 

I mean I know he looked like a 12 year old when we signed him, but he definitely played for other clubs :)

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I mean I know he looked like a 12 year old when we signed him, but he definitely played for other clubs :)

Only league club though. Fleetwood were non-league. He is known only for being with us is what was meant I would imagine!

• Like 1

Clearly I'd like him to finish his career here. However, I think he's been such a special player for us, if he really felt he'd like a last season in the sun, I'd not begrudge him it and would genuinely wish him well. Italy, Spain or even the USA would welcome him perhaps,  though I suspect family are rightly a huge consideration to him and I don't know how old his children are. Even if he wanted a season with Sheffield Wednesday, I'd understand that too.

A great finish to the chapter however would be a season under a decent manager who might play to his strengths and him fire us back to the Premiership!

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Clearly I'd like him to finish his career here. However, I think he's been such a special player for us, if he really felt he'd like a last season in the sun, I'd not begrudge him it and would genuinely wish him well. Italy, Spain or even the USA would welcome him perhaps,  though I suspect family are rightly a huge consideration to him and I don't know how old his children are. Even if he wanted a season with Sheffield Wednesday, I'd understand that too.

A great finish to the chapter however would be a season under a decent manager who might play to his strengths and him fire us back to the Premiership!

Exactly how I see it 👍

Personally I think the club would be making yet another wrong decision if they let Vardy go on a free. He’s still good enough to perform very well in the Championship.

• Like 1