Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Don't use the source code cheat this season on lcfc.com

Just a bit of a PSA, might have happened to others already.

I used the source code cheat to find the URL that shows current ticket sales even when it's not your level of sales yet (This was on the huddersfield game), and a message came up saying that my IP is now blocked from using the ticket site lol 

Seems a bit extreme from the club, always found it useful for expectation setting to see how sales are going.

Notice they've also changed home tickets so that it doesn't show exact numbers of tickets left. Clearly trying to save face already!

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I used the source code cheat to find the URL that shows current ticket sales even when it's not your level of sales yet (This was on the huddersfield game), and a message came up saying that my IP is now blocked from using the ticket site lol 

Seems a bit extreme from the club, always found it useful for expectation setting to see how sales are going.

Notice they've also changed home tickets so that it doesn't show exact numbers of tickets left. Clearly trying to save face already!

You can change IP addresses can't you? 

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

so you get punished for the clubs shit web infrastructure 

some right plonkers at the club

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think it only lasts for 24 hours lol 

1 minute ago, Craig said:

I think it only lasts for 24 hours lol 

Fair enough. Still crackers.

Also you can guarantee it'll happen to someone and it'll block them for their 24 hour sales window lol 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Bizarre, I know the club won't be keen on any perceived queue jumping, but it's not like they let you buy things once you're on that screen, always trying to find a reason to crack a walnut with a sledgehammer.

Exactly this, can completely understand a block if it gave me any advantage, but like you say as soon as you place something in the basket and it picks up your supporter number it stops you.

I used it a lot, but only to understand how many were left and where they were when you were actually able to buy.

You gained no ticket queue advantage, meant you were slightly more organised for when you're slot did open.

Bit sad, haven't they got better things to do like making sure we didn't get relegated, oh sorry blew that one.....:D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Exactly this, can completely understand a block if it gave me any advantage, but like you say as soon as you place something in the basket and it picks up your supporter number it stops you.

Not if you've got friends and family on your account in the higher brackets. Even if they have already bought, you can put tickets in your basket under their name, then check out using your own when 8am comes. Or at least you used to be able to. 

• Like 1

I think the "block" is only on the direct URL link, and you can still go in via the normal tickets.lcfc.com route.  @AjcW   So it's not going to stop you buying tickets at the appropriate time.

And it also might only occur due to particular browser settings.   I get the "block" using Edge, but I'm fine using Firefox or Chrome ... probably because of different default browser settings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

You’re gonna be randomly selected for ID checks at every away game you go to now mate. 😂😂

• Haha 2

Just now, phoneticerror said:

You’re gonna be randomly selected for ID checks at every away game you go to now mate. 😂😂

"Excuse me sir, are you 22.3345.2231. you're not getting in!"

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, AjcW said:

Think more so into having to trick us sales are going well to get the money earlier/avoid on the gate (can't believe we will be back to doing that after a decade)

Attendances can't drop below 24,000 at the very least this year and for a Championship club that isn't to be sniffed at. I think we will average 28,000 if we are doing well.

16 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Think more so into having to trick us sales are going well to get the money earlier/avoid on the gate (can't believe we will be back to doing that after a decade)

Attendances can't drop below 24,000 at the very least this year and for a Championship club that isn't to be sniffed at. I think we will average 28,000 if we are doing well.

If we make a decent start I think sellouts of the home end will be the norm. 

• Like 1

Can confirm this is legit; crazy they've gone to these extremes; if you don't want people scraping your site, then don't put the URLs on the client until the event window opens, or validate the request server-side... :ph34r:

I guess I'll see if I get unblocked in 24 hours...

image.thumb.png.8b649f65fffa9261a97186feec2b8ab1.png

Edited by djskydiver
  • Haha 1