Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Arjan Raikhy

8 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf Albrighton was a first teamer at Villa, so bit of a difference

no disrespect to the lad, but he'll just be another Lewis Brunt type imo, feels like a U23s filler signing

I know nothing about him, the club see something the wages at villa was £2500 no transfer fee, so you can make more mistakes on these types of signings than £10+ million ones. Players can develop at different speeds.

7 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I know nothing about him, the club see something the wages at villa was £2500 no transfer fee, so you can make more mistakes on these types of signings than £10+ million ones. Players can develop at different speeds.

Pretty sure we just know someone from Villa who lets us know when they don't rate a player. We then sign these players that should already be playing team football at their age and then put them in the u21s until we release them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Pretty sure we just know someone from Villa who lets us know when they don't rate a player. We then sign these players that should already be playing team football at their age and then put them in the u21s until we release them.

You can’t develop 1 talent, without having them train against semi-decent players daily.

I guess it’s a process. Its fairly risk free.

If you throw enough stuff at the wall, so of it will stick. 

All clubs make these type of signings.

I mean, we’ve had Sappleton, Hellings, Brunt, Loft, Hughes, Thomas, Watson, Frampah, Futacs, Blyth, Crncic, Priet, Duffield etc 

Then you’d take all of those failures, for what we got by picking up Andy King from Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

You can’t develop 1 talent, without having them train against semi-decent players daily.

I guess it’s a process. Its fairly risk free.

If you throw enough stuff at the wall, so of it will stick. 

All clubs make these type of signings.

I mean, we’ve had Sappleton, Hellings, Brunt, Loft, Hughes, Thomas, Watson, Frampah, Futacs, Blyth, Crncic, Priet, Duffield etc 

Then you’d take all of those failures, for what we got by picking up Andy King from Chelsea.

We picked up King as a 15 year old with the intention of developing him didn't we? Huge difference in my eyes.

These signings are to give Ben Petty some physicality against teams that will be trying to develop their youngsters. My thoughts are that we likely have no intention or expectation of this lad making it as a pro.

I don't know why we're signing fully grown adult men, that should be playing first team football at their ability level, to pad our out squad. Just smacks of laziness to me rather than being willing to go out their and try and recruit genuinely decent players that we can nurture. The fact we keep signing this profile of released player from Villa every season is actually just weird at this point lol

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We picked up King as a 15 year old with the intention of developing him didn't we? Huge difference in my eyes.

These signings are to give Ben Petty some physicality against teams that will be trying to develop their youngsters. My thoughts are that we likely have no intention or expectation of this lad making it as a pro.

I don't know why we're signing fully grown adult men, that should be playing first team football at their ability level, to pad our out squad. Just smacks of laziness to me rather than being willing to go out their and try and recruit genuinely decent players that we can nurture. The fact we keep signing this profile of released player from Villa every season is actually just weird at this point lol

Only thing I can think is if you were offered a new job where there was no guarantee of success and you had to move to a different part of the country, a different country you may be hesitant, point is I'm sure we are putting out offers for players other than Villa players, it may be that as its closer they are the ones that just end up saying yes more regularly.