Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Arjan Raikhy

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Shame the other 4 players we have had from them in recent years for free have been crap

For our Recruitment Team ´´crap and free´´ sounds better than ´´crap + Fee and silly wages´´.   People on here getting miffed about free signings destined for the U23´s means it is a slow news day.

Just now, StanSP said:

Who have they been? 

What's not good about this new one? 

Viktor Johansson in 18/19

Mitch Clark in 19/20

Lewis Brunt in 21/22

Paul Appiah in 22/23

This guy is about to turn 21 and is yet to play any pro football

He played in a game for us at the end of last season against Man Utd and was shocking

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mitch Clark in 19/20

Lewis Brunt in 21/22

Paul Appiah in 22/23

He played in a game for us at the end of last season against Man Utd and was shocking

...it could just be that they had the unfortunate situation of being caught up in the Petty and Beaglehole school of development!!!

All of these players appeared to show promise when they arrived. We somehow managed to stunt their progress. The most recent one being Appiah, who seemed a good find and I  was impressed with his initial performances. It didn't take long before he looked completely out of place, leaving you wondering how he had got this far in his career. 

It was only last season we were asking why Brunt had not had more game time in the league.

Maresca has a lot to sort out,  in a short space if time, but he needs to release the academy coaches and bring in coaches and teach them to play his style of football. We need to start them as early as possible, to understand the game and their position in the way we play.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Mitch Clark in 19/20

Lewis Brunt in 21/22

Paul Appiah in 22/23

Viktor Johansson was a half-decent keeper and has shown that at Rotherham. He's the only player from that list who could have a career in the top two divisions.

1 hour ago, Aleksz said:

This is literally the point yeah, but anything to moan about.

We are unlikely to be signing these players thinking they are going to make it are we. I don't know why people don't understand that around the one or two players the club think will make it (if that), there are going to be 20 lads who the club don't think will make it. The club already know that, but you keep them because the others need someone to actually play with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Literally just a development squad signing. Why do people care. 

Will never see the first team squad and maybe we'll sell him for a mil or so in a couple years if he does OK on loan. 

People will moan about club standards when the 21s are bottom of the league with no players after the club have loaned the best prospects out (something also moaned about)… they can’t winlol

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

People will moan about club standards when the 21s are bottom of the league with no players after the club have loaned the best prospects out (something also moaned about)… they can’t winlol

...the U21s  never played as a cohesive side!!!

The other clubs did, and with the age group so close to having to compete with grown men with years more experience,  it might have been a good idea, to prepare them how to play as a team instead of a bunch of individuals who knew each other.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the U21s  never played as a cohesive side!!!

The other clubs did, and with the age group so close to having to compete with grown men with years more experience,  it might have been a good idea, to prepare them how to play as a team instead of a bunch of individuals who knew each other.

In all honesty it will be tough to create a cohesive side at that level. You’ll have players dipping in and out of first team training (or more), others going out on loan, others suffering from the Seagrave injury curse.

Not easy.

14 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I would rather be bottom of the league giving a chance to more of the players from the under 18s

Rather than giving a load of game time to players just like this and still finishing bottom of the league just like we did last season

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

In all honesty it will be tough to create a cohesive side at that level. You’ll have players dipping in and out of first team training (or more), others going out on loan, others suffering from the Seagrave injury curse.

Not easy.

... there was never a visible plan when the players came out onto the pitch!!!

Other teams had a shape and a plan and a style of play. If you were to ask the more recognisable players what their positions were and they would not be able to tell you. People say that Maswanhise is a winger, but he has not have the instincts or the work rate to play in that position, He was used as a wide forward and much like Barnes starts well then drifts out of the game. Madivadua is also said to be a winger but also looks better deeper on the pitch, once again has not had the instincts to be a winger. Deniche Hill, who played at fullback has more instincts as a winger than the players mentioned above. Sammy Braybrooke is what he is, a terrific player that has come through and will be a midfield general. Will Alves, I am not sure exactly where he fits in, but the club rates him.

It is nothing to do with injuries or lack of availability, we do not have an idea to formulate a style of play and put that style into practice.

Given how dangerous Seagrave is to our academy, I actually think bulking out the squad with muck might be the way to go tonprotect those that are any good. 

I reckon we should never let the likes of Alves, Braybrooke, Wormleighton and Richards train and only let them play away games.

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Given how dangerous Seagrave is to our academy, I actually think bulking out the squad with muck might be the way to go tonprotect those that are any good. 

I reckon we should never let the likes of Alves, Braybrooke, Wormleighton and Richards train and only let them play away games.

...I always felt that it was the practices of the staff in the S&C department that were causing the issue!!!

Hopefully, now, those practices are no longer being used and we can go back to being a more robust club in that department.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I would rather be bottom of the league giving a chance to more of the players from the under 18s

Rather than giving a load of game time to players just like this and still finishing bottom of the league just like we did last season

I’d rather a team of 18 year olds played competitively at 18s level than get pasted every week against a team of 20+ year olds personally but hey personal preference.

2 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

I’d rather a team of 18 year olds played competitively at 18s level than get pasted every week against a team of 20+ year olds personally but hey personal preference.

Well luckily most of the better teams in the league who were pasting our team regularly were full of 17-19 year olds

• Like 1