Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Arjan Raikhy

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Viktor Johansson in 18/19

Mitch Clark in 19/20

Lewis Brunt in 21/22

Paul Appiah in 22/23

This guy is about to turn 21 and is yet to play any pro football

He played in a game for us at the end of last season against Man Utd and was shocking

He's played 1 game for us sitting in the middle of a midfield of Ben Cover and Bobby Amartey.

We got. 2-2 result away  in a season where we hardy got any points at from home.

ONE GAME.

In a new team with players he's never played with before yet your analysis is he had a shocker and have written hid whole career off on the back of that 👏 

I love it how we give young players a chance. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Foreverfox said:

He's played 1 game for us sitting in the middle of a midfield of Ben Cover and Bobby Amartey.

We got. 2-2 result away  in a season where we hardy got any points at from home.

ONE GAME.

In a new team with players he's never played with before yet your analysis is he had a shocker and have written hid whole career off on the back of that 👏 

I love it how we give young players a chance. 

Probably would've won the game if he didn't play seeing as he let his man get away from him and defended poorly for the first goal they scored and then gave away a free kick in a perfect position outside the box late on from which they scored the 2nd.

So yeah, seeing as it was a trial game for him and he did have a shocker, I don't believe he is good enough for us to take on.

I didn't write off his whole career did I? I just said he wouldn't be good enough for us.

I would rather the club give an actual chance to our own young players rather than signing this guy.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Probably would've won the game if he didn't play seeing as he let his man get away from him and defended poorly for the first goal they scored and then gave away a free kick in a perfect position outside the box late on from which they scored the 2nd.

So yeah, seeing as it was a trial game for him and he did have a shocker, I don't believe he is good enough for us to take on.

I didn't write of his whole career did I? I just said he wouldn't be good enough for us.

I would rather the club give an actual chance to our own young players rather than signing this guy.

This is why scouts are paid and fans are fans. 

One game....

• Haha 2

He’s a tidy player technical and good in possession doesn’t quite have the natural athletic ability for premier league football part of the villa squad who won the FA youth cup but what you have to remember about Villa is that they have a large conveyor belt of player going through the academy I don’t think any premier league team had more players than villa on loan in the championship last season .

• Thanks 1

On 24/07/2023 at 11:17, moore_94 said:

Viktor Johansson in 18/19

Mitch Clark in 19/20

Lewis Brunt in 21/22

Paul Appiah in 22/23

This guy is about to turn 21 and is yet to play any pro football

He played in a game for us at the end of last season against Man Utd and was shocking

Appiah has always looked decent in the games i've seen him in..

• Haha 1

On 24/07/2023 at 11:33, sacreblueits442 said:

...it could just be that they had the unfortunate situation of being caught up in the Petty and Beaglehole school of development!!!

All of these players appeared to show promise when they arrived. We somehow managed to stunt their progress. The most recent one being Appiah, who seemed a good find and I  was impressed with his initial performances. It didn't take long before he looked completely out of place, leaving you wondering how he had got this far in his career. 

It was only last season we were asking why Brunt had not had more game time in the league.

Maresca has a lot to sort out,  in a short space if time, but he needs to release the academy coaches and bring in coaches and teach them to play his style of football. We need to start them as early as possible, to understand the game and their position in the way we play.

It might be fair though to note that last years squad was destroyed by injuries and absent loanees - so it's no wonder that maybe his performances dipped a bit - as we've seen in the first sqaud, it's easy to get sucked into a general malaise.

Am i over thinking things by suggesting that he might have been considered because of his ethnicity - not simply because of it, but in part because they want to encourage successful players from that community?

Guest glasgowfox

Will we ever give a guy a chance before they join or don't join....who the fek were mahrez, Kante and a stoke reject called huth 

Some people on here never cease to amaze me. He is just a shirt filler who cost us nothing and will be on peanut’s in comparison to some others. There is the slimmest chance that he might kick on and make us a few quid but it’s highly unlikely. We can’t just push all our younger boys up an age group or two when they simply aren’t ready we have to have players that are in all likelihood just making up the numbers in the short term.

2 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

It might be fair though to note that last years squad was destroyed by injuries and absent loanees - so it's no wonder that maybe his performances dipped a bit - as we've seen in the first sqaud, it's easy to get sucked into a general malaise.

...prior to Braybrooke and Alves getting injured, we were still just as bad!!!

The loans were a move in the right direction, it did have an effect on the squad last season where we played age-appropriate players and not the overage players, in an attempt to win the league.

On 24/07/2023 at 21:23, South Shire Fox said:

100 million pound training ground to rely year on year out players deemed not good enough by Aston Villa 😂

You’re right, a training ground opened 12 months ago should have drastically affected our at the time 17 year olds, so we shouldn’t have had to worry about filling gaps for the under 21s.

54 minutes ago, ACF said:

You’re right, a training ground opened 12 months ago should have drastically affected our at the time 17 year olds, so we shouldn’t have had to worry about filling gaps for the under 21s.

...in the early clips of the players who had returned for pre-season, Petty could clearly be seen in the training sessions with Maresca in charge!!!

What I would hope to see would be a transition to the same style of play as the first team being implemented in the U21s. We need to establish an identity and get the club to play the same all the way through to the U15s. The ladies' side may look to adopt the same style as well.