Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Milky

Transfer news

This is what it says.

"Cheltenham midfielder Grant McCann, 25, is being pursued by championship clubs Leicester and Millwall. The Northern Ireland ace, who has hit 6 goals this season, was signed from west ham for a club record £50,000 in 2003"

This is what it says.

"Cheltenham midfielder Grant McCann, 25, is being pursued by championship clubs Leicester and Millwall. The Northern Ireland ace, who has hit 6 goals this season, was signed from west ham for a club record £50,000 in 2003"

I think I remember seeing this lad score a peach of an own goal against Blackburn a few seasons ago. I don't think he could do it again if he tried, not that he'd want to.

33 in 180 is 11 goals in 3 full seasons. For a midfielder, that is great. Has any of them been from the panalty spot? Is he a winger or central midfielder?

i reckon he's left footed. it sais he had a spell had left back or in midfield during 00/01 season.

he's described as a midfielder now, all i can gather is that he's got a left peg

what paper said this?

Oh News of the world... should be true then

it probably isn't true, but i just thought i would bring it to everyones attention when i saw it. i thought people would like to speculate on possible transfers and all that.

it probably isn't true, but i just thought i would bring it to everyones attention when i saw it. i thought people would like to speculate on possible transfers and all that.

From a well known rumour board. :huh::unsure::whistle::ph34r:;):thumbup:

there are going to be major changes at Leicester city in January and end of the season

in

Kris Boyd £750 000 plus extra £350 000 if Leicester are promoted

Ryan smith on loan for rest of season

out in January

Gareth williams £2 million to man city

Tommy wright to Blackpool £150 000 plus extra 100 thsound if Blackpool stay up

Joey Gudjonsson £1.5 million To West Brom

end off season transfers

Patrick Gerrbrand £2 million to wigan if leicester arent promoted

Dion Dublin F/T To Coventry

Danny Tiatto F/T TO ???

Lee Morris ?????

Ryan Smith back to arsenal

If, as is suggested, we collect £5.75 million for four players (and avoid relegation) I should think they'll build a statue of Levein outside the Walkers.

It would amount to outrageously good business and I cannot imagine for a minute it will happen.

Even were the option there, I would still be unhappy to lose Joey - the lad really could be a fulcrum for our long awaited push for the Premiership.

However, I appreciate that we have a business to run and that sound economics will lead to a far more stable and competitive club in the long run providing Levein can keep thinking ahead.

Sceptical though I am, especially about the Kris Boyd and Gareth Williams bit, there is some logic to the list and if the midfielder comes from Cheltenham we would appear to be reasonably well covered assuming Weso returns and Hughes gets fit.

Don't suppose we could have the £1.5m for Kisnorbo instead of Joey could we cos on today's form, I reckon Joey's a bit underrated especially compared with that £2m for Williams.?

If Man City sign Williams for £2M, I swear I will attend the final match of the season at Southampton dressed as a nun.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

If Williams does go to Man City for 2 Million.

I'll join you in the wearing of a nun outfit :Dlol

Gareth williams £2 million to man city

Tommy wright to Blackpool £150 000 plus extra 100 thsound if Blackpool stay up

Joey Gudjonsson £1.5 million To West Brom

Dion Dublin F/T To Coventry

I would take all that. Gareths worth about 2bob. Tommy`s not championship class. Joey albeit recent good form, isnt good enough to help us get promoted, never mind premiership quality. Would get rid of dubs now, and he`ll fit in very well at the stadium for old pensioners ward :D

Nationwider "If Man City sign Williams for £2M, I swear I will attend the final match of the season at Southampton dressed as a nun."

Me too, any more and we`ll have a choir :thumbup:

As for Grant McCann I can remember seeing him against Mansfield last season.

He stood out and was the best player that day , but I dont think he could cut it at this level , probably a good league 1 player but thats it.

I've actually heard from a few people.. well, been asked by a few people down here if we are after Izale McLeod.

So whether its been in the press or something, I don't know.

I don't rate him that highly, but he has been described as the Thierry Henry of his division and might be worth a gamble I suppose.

It's this speculation that actually makes football interesting :P

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=33...el=championship

Leicester and Millwall are understood to be looking at Cheltenham's Grant McCann.

The Robins midfielder has come under the spotlight after a string of top-drawer performances at Whaddon Road and a move into The Championship now looks on the cards for the 25-year-old.

Chairman Paul Baker hinted to the Gloucestershire Echo that the club would be prepared to part with the Northern Ireland international if the price was right.

"I think we owe it to our players to let them talk to clubs at a higher level, especially McCann, who would naturally be keen to further his Northern Ireland credentials.

"We don't want him to move, but he's having a fantastic season, probably his best yet, and come January when the transfer windows open, clubs will be looking to see who is available.

"We paid £50,000 for Grant and we would want significantly more than that if he was to move."

<_<

Chairman Paul Baker hinted to the Gloucestershire Echo that the club would be prepared to part with the Northern Ireland international if the price was right.

"I think we owe it to our players to let them talk to clubs at a higher level, especially McCann, who would naturally be keen to further his Northern Ireland credentials.

"We don't want him to move, but he's having a fantastic season, probably his best yet, and come January when the transfer windows open, clubs will be looking to see who is available.

"We paid £50,000 for Grant and we would want significantly more than that if he was to move."

Ive got a horrible feeling, that they dont particuly rate him, and are trying to cash-in whilst the time is right.

Archived